Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Appletree Acura

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Appletree Acura

I have been trying to purchase an Acura from Appletree Acura in NC and have been having a terrible experience with them. Anybody dealt with them before?
Old 09-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Big Brother is Watching..

what kind of problems have you been having? im actually a tehnician there and drive an 05 TL myself. rarely do i hear about unsatisfied customers here.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:48 AM
Cruisin'

Horrible experience

I also had a bad experience. The salesperson called me and offered to order an 2006 model and gave me a very good price for it. I called him and asked him about it to make sure it was a serious offer, as I didn't want to drive from out of state for nothing. When I met Mr. Rigsby, he went over the prices and gave me a copy of a purchase order for me to decide. I asked him if it was OK with his sales manager, but he said he couldn't check b/c "he was having a bad day". I should have known when the manager wouldn't even come out to talk to you it was a bad sign.

I called him the next working day and told him that the deal would be fine and that as soon as he faxed me a signed purchase order I would send him his $500 deposit. I finally got a hold of him that afternoon and he said he had to check with his sales manager and would call me back in "10-15 minutes". Needless to say he didn't call me back that day. I called him every day for the next 4 days and he never returned a single call. I asked for his manager, a Mr.Owens, and (like every time I called Mr. Rigsby) got an answering machine. I left him 2 messages, but he did not return my call either.

As you can imagine I was pretty mad by now because I felt it was extremely unprofessional not to even return my call. Finally, I got the receptionist to find him on the 5th day and he said that the manager wouldn't sell an 06 for that price. I asked him why didn't he bother calling me and telling me this 5 days ago, and he said he had been busy. I asked to talk to his supervisor, and after holding for a couple of minutes, Mr. Rigsby came back on the phone and said he was busy and I would have to leave a message.

Luckily enough, I was still able to purchase an 05 from Bradshaw Acura that next morning. I believe Appletree never intended to honor that first quote on the 06, but were mearlily trying to stall so I wouldn't be able to purchase the 05 and had to buy an 06 at a higher price. I would never deal with this dealership again, and upon reading post at other websites, would recommend people be extremely careful when dealing with them.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:15 AM

that is SOOOO freaking odd......

as i said before, i work at the dealership. i am a technician for Acura. i have rarely ever heard any complaints about our sales department. we are highly rated for a reason. from a customers standpoint i was always under the impression that it was the best place to do business with (employee's are a whole different story, but no one wants to hear me bitch about my shitty job)

but yes "Mr Owens" is just like any other sales manager in the sense that he was having a bad day iam sure. beleive me when i tell you some of the salespeople there couldnt wipe their own ass without permission, so i can see him getting easily irritated. but for a salesperson to use that as an excuse to no get a buyer's order approved is unacceptable. ill be honest, when i was ready to buy my TL, i went to a salesperson that i liked first, who then went to a manger who basically laughed at me thinking i couldnt afford a TL on my tech salary. i of course went over his head. but thats beside the point.

i cant believe they are even offering 06s already..... ive asked about 06 info myself and got zippo answers
Old 09-06-2005, 08:47 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by blackie72
I have been trying to purchase an Acura from Appletree Acura in NC and have been having a terrible experience with them. Anybody dealt with them before?

no, they're actually a great dealership, they al least negoitated the price with me, i drove approzimately 500miles to buy my car from them, because I saved about $2000 buyin the car from them......last i knoe the guy i bought it from is still there, go talk to Ken Patel....and tell him Sunny from MOBILE, AL reffered U, he'll get u the best deal possible.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:39 AM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
How is having a bad day preventing a manager, of all people, from conducting a professional business with a client? I'd report that manager to the GM regarding his behavior. That's not how you treat customers at all.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:38 PM
WNC Real Estate Sales99TL

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
More of the same. I went to Apple Tree to get some info. on the previous service on my TL that I just bought. The service manager was UNCARING and acted like I was doing him an injustice by asking him to look up the records. He never said when the car was supposed to be serviced again or anything that a new customer might want to hear. It was lunch time and I guess I interupted him. Needless to say, I won't be back. Been working in sales all my life and never thought I'd be treated in such a ho hum manner. Well, Mr. service guy, you just lost your company some serious business. Guess they (Apple Tree)are so BIG that it doesn't matter.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:15 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like some people need some times on sales tactics and customer relations....this shit pisses me off cause i would be way too heated in the same situation..so that is just ridiculous
Old 10-31-2005, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Luke7
More of the same. I went to Apple Tree to get some info. on the previous service on my TL that I just bought. The service manager was UNCARING and acted like I was doing him an injustice by asking him to look up the records. He never said when the car was supposed to be serviced again or anything that a new customer might want to hear. It was lunch time and I guess I interupted him. Needless to say, I won't be back. Been working in sales all my life and never thought I'd be treated in such a ho hum manner. Well, Mr. service guy, you just lost your company some serious business. Guess they (Apple Tree)are so BIG that it doesn't matter.
how long ago was this??? we JUST had a major change in serivce dept management and needless to say, EVERYTHING has been ridiculously hectic in the service dept. my promotion to service advisor was put on hold indefinately and a lot of other changes are taking place. honestly it was very possibly that whoever you spoke with was trying to do 15 things at once (all of us there have to do that on the daily) and just seemed to be uncaring. i can promise you that customer serivce is the number 1 priority of our service dept. trust me.... we as employees get dicked over a lot just to make a customer happy... who did you speak with?
Old 11-19-2005, 07:05 AM

It was end of Sept. if I remember right. Bought the car on Sept. 12th.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:08 AM

I actually stopped by Appler Tree the other day to purchase a Trans. drain plug washer. The parts guy gave it to me and said no charge. WOW=maybe I was wrong.