3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyway to disable the seatbelt warning???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I hate that dam chime more than any other thing in the TL.

It is so dam annoying!!!!

Yes, you should wear your seat belt BUT it is YOUR option to do so or not....

I would love to know how to disable the dam thing.

If worse come to worse, just buckle the dam thing in before you get in the car and then sit down. OR you could just try to buy a seat belt buckle and leave the dam thing latched in all the time.

I have never met or seen so many people who actually wear their seatbelts than people in Cali... That is good, seemed very few people in Jersey and Indiana do.

As for the seatbelt laws for adult drivers, i hate them it should be everyone's choice whether it is a good one or bad one if they want to wear there seatbelt or not. In my eyes it is a victimless crime, and our police officers time could be much better served do almost anything else!!

Yes you should buckle up for your safety, but do you really need someone to make you do it?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah about that no seatbelt thing. Not a good idea. One time on a "short trip" from the gas station to school (ie less than a mile), my brother was yelling at me to find the ncaa tournament bracket so I didn't buckle up first. So then we got blindsided when some ahole ran the red light and I ended up going out the window, headfirst. So put your freaking seatbelt on.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Race Director

This is how it would really get someone to tell us. Have someone go in and test drive the car. Say "I really love the car but I cant deal with the seatbelt bleep." Then go on to say "Lexus told me how to disable it on the IS." Which if you read clublexus they know how to turn it off. So finish it up with "I will buy the car only if somehow you can disable the beep." The sales person would figure out how some way. Of course make sure your test driving a Type S with full aspec then they would really be inclinded to help you.

Anyway I dont think people should get upset about this thread. Just because you dont like the beeper doesnt mean you dont wear your seatbelt. I have honestly never heard the one in the 3G TL but if its half as bad as my dads car its very annoying.

Anyway try that idea and I bet it will work.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trackruner228
This is how it would really get someone to tell us. Have someone go in and test drive the car. Say "I really love the car but I cant deal with the seatbelt bleep." Then go on to say "Lexus told me how to disable it on the IS." Which if you read clublexus they know how to turn it off. So finish it up with "I will buy the car only if somehow you can disable the beep." The sales person would figure out how some way. Of course make sure your test driving a Type S with full aspec then they would really be inclinded to help you.

Anyway I dont think people should get upset about this thread. Just because you dont like the beeper doesnt mean you dont wear your seatbelt. I have honestly never heard the one in the 3G TL but if its half as bad as my dads car its very annoying.

Anyway try that idea and I bet it will work.

Well said.
I'm not sure how this post became a soapbox for proper seatbelt use?? I don't recall seeing the original post say anything about disabling the seatbelt chimes so he could not wear his seatbelt. He simply asked how to disable it because the chimes are annoying. I kinda agree with him. I would like to know myself as I disabled the chimes in my other vehicle and I am grateful that I was able to do that. I did NOT!!! disable the chimes because I don't wear my seatbelt...on the contrary I always wear my seatbelt, I simply do not need an annoying chime going off in my ear everytime I sit in my car to remind me. Seatbelts SAVE LIVES PEOPLE! No one is disputing this. I LOVE SEATBELTS! I Love the people who wear seatbelts, and I even love the people who make seatbelts (Ok I'm being sarcastic now sorry) But I hate the chimes. If anyone learns the "Sequence" to disable them without cutting any wires or doing anything crazy I'd love to know how. Thank You and God Bless everyone. Don't be a hater! ..."hate the game not the player!" ha..ha..!
Old 07-22-2007, 05:15 PM
FOR SALE - BM

you can try to find a seatbelt clip and put it in the buckle. i have a seatbelt clip fom a saab and i works and fits perfectly. when i want to wear my seatbelt, i take the clip out.. this is the easiest way to get rid of the chime without any major modifications
Old 07-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by drdamian
you can try to find a seatbelt clip and put it in the buckle. i have a seatbelt clip fom a saab and i works and fits perfectly. when i want to wear my seatbelt, i take the clip out.. this is the easiest way to get rid of the chime without any major modifications

True, true.. just like i said in my post above....

I got an extra buckle today and it works awesome!@
Old 07-22-2007, 08:32 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Igor911
I know it's not safe to drive without a seatbelt but sometimes I just like to on short drives...

Anyway to disable that annoying warning chime from going off every 15 seconds?
Bro it's quite simple, fold a business card, or something like that and stick it into the thing where you attatch the belt, I'm forgeting what it's called. It should work well if you fold it properly to fit in the whole and if it's deep enough.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
i've heard about some plug in honda/acura's that can be unclipped beneath the seat as a possible way to get rid of beeping...
Old 07-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Intermediate

Hooray! Common sense makes a comeback!

I can't resist in commenting and giving a major thumbs up to 'Jetmaker's comments and the PRODUCTIVE, non-editorial, comments and support from 'Igor911' and 'Alex911'

Gentlemen, please keep us posted if you find the cure for the scourge of the non-stop seatbelt chime reminder - I have the same issue in my TSX, so I hope any solution is 'transferrable'.

It is amazing to me that so many people, instead of just answering the question and having a productive discussion, turn this issue into some soapbox safety "you're just stupid if you don't love your chime" issue. The chime is a technological gizmo nothing more. The beauty of these online forums is that we can share information about our cars - this issue no different. Some people like the chime, some people don't - all people aren't the same.

Moreover, I haven't seen one post from anyone (on the TL, TSX or other board) saying they don't use their seatbelt - I think everyone agrees they are valuable in most, not all, situations. The only issue here is that a constant chime "ding, ding, dingging" to some people can be exceedingly annoying (myself included) when you are faced with a situation where the car happens to be on (perhaps parked, but running) when you need to remove your seatbelt for one reason or another.

That should at least resonate with those of us who are parents and can come up with 100+ examples of when this could be the case.

Thanks again go to 'Jetmaker' 'Igor911' and 'Alex911' - please keep us posted!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

The reason everybody whipped out the flamethrowers was the OP said he wanted to be able to take short drives with the seat belt off.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

Originally Posted by jeffstsx05
The only issue here is that a constant chime "ding, ding, dingging" to some people can be exceedingly annoying (myself included) when you are faced with a situation where the car happens to be on (perhaps parked, but running) when you need to remove your seatbelt for one reason or another.
Doens't the seat belt only continue to chime when you are moving?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Im actually happy that the 07's come with the passenger warning alert, because i would have to force my passengers to wear it....now they have no choice...cause they can't stand it....as for a way to bypass it...i wouldn't tell you...its simple...and any tech could do it without settin the SRS light...just deal w/ it...its not that hard to buckle up a seat belt....its actually proven that you drive BETTER...and have MORE CONTROL...of your car with it on...why do u think race cars have seat belts...derrrrrr
Old 07-22-2007, 09:59 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Idon't get the "We just want to disable the chime. That doesn't mean not wearing the seatbelt." arguement.

The quickest, easiest, cheapest (and safest) way to disable the chime is too wear the seatbelt. If the chime annoys you it is because the belt is unbuckled.

Logically, if you want to disable the chime, it is because you don't want to buckle the seatbelt.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Racer

OMG IGGY got owned on acura forums, too! lol

Igor911 and I go way back from maxima forums (he's been banned from one ROFL), you guys should have seen this dudes Maxima. He will take any car and immediately starts having an itch to alter it in any way possible. Igor is not afraid to take the dash apart or whatever. So give him (and Alex911, whom I've also known) a warm welcome.

The chime is annoying but you know, it made buckling up as a habit, which I dont mind at all! Especially after cops ever increased presense in our area, 2 seatbelts tickets in the last 2 yrs made my insurance like 40/mo more...so seatbelt and I are inseparable lol.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

I think the question was "is there a way to turn it off" ... that was with the assumption that the person giving the answer would elaborate a little bit

lets pretend he didnt say that he was going to drive without a seatbelt... lets look past that part... in fact, the other day, before there was a reply to this thread (except his) i knew it was going to come to this...

lets pretend he wanted to know if there was a way to mod the chime... maybe he recorded a song or something stupid like that that he wanted to mod out... instead of helping him get his answer this thread is now 3 pages long about laws and opinions and flames, etc... give him a break... to each his own... maybe he wants to mod the chime and make it louder (we obviously know thats not the case) but he didnt ask/care for your

to the OP.... as hypocritical as this is, i do NOT have your answer, however I have your back when it comes to getting an answer. 3 pages have completely defeated the purpose of your question. to my knowledge i dont think it can be done.. but im just a newb at this stuff.

PS - wear a seatbelt... just in case - but you shouldnt have it shoved down your throat for asking a question. knowledge is power, and the more you have, the better off you'll be... maybe futzin with this thing long enough will make you WANT to wear it lol...
Old 07-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Instructor

Darwinism.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

It was answered earlier - folded business card or short wires at seat belt latch switch.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:07 PM
'06 TL auto/navi

Read all of page 1, not reading page 2 or 3, just posting.

Not sure how it is on the TL as I haven't checked, but when I disabled the No-Seatbelt-Beep on my S2000, I just unplugged the wire under the seat.

Decided to clean the entire interior one day, disconnected it to remove the seats and never reconnected it. I do wear my seatbelt, I just don't like listening to that noise for those 100ft repositionings that I sometimes have to do.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:27 PM
08 Civic SI

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by noah82
Darwinism.

buy an older car = problem solved
Old 07-23-2007, 06:58 PM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
I know it's not safe to drive without a seatbelt but sometimes I just like to on short drives...

Anyway to disable that annoying warning chime from going off every 15 seconds?
Try this......PUT THE DAMN SEAT BELT ON!!!!! It takes all of 3 seconds to click it and adjust it. I do it all in one motion without even thinking about it. Most accidents occur near the person's home so even short drives the belt's a no-brainer.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
I took my car into the dealer and had asked the same question. They told me that there is no way to override the car software wise. On the other hand, my brother who just purchased a new Lexus LS 460L was able to get the Lexus dealer to disable the seatbelt chime.

You all say that this was a stupid question to ask and that everyone should ALWAYS wear their seatbelts...true but you can also come to this conclusion. By me adding an intake to the car or exhaust/headers, ect... those extra 5-10hp could make me speed more and drive more aggressively and have the same effects (put myself and others in danger).

So are you saying that we shouldn't discuss modifications on this forum either? That's a joke. I've owned many cars and been on many forums for years already, and have never seen people react the way they do hear. Everyone just needs to calm down.
YOU'RE the one who asked about the seatbelt. Don't ask questions here if you don't want an honest answer. Most of this forum's members will not you and tell you exactly what they think. You've gotta take the good with the bad, just like everybody else. As I stated previously, just wear the belt.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Drifting

I always wear my seatbelt...but the guy just asked a simple question. Can't anyone just answer the question without being a preacher? Geeze...enough already!!! This isn't a forum for proper behavior, just a simple answer would be fine.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JetJock
I always wear my seatbelt...but the guy just asked a simple question. Can't anyone just answer the question without being a preacher? Geeze...enough already!!! This isn't a forum for proper behavior, just a simple answer would be fine.
since most people on here have a brain, and do not want to be the one responsible for his death. then they are going to give him the answers he got. wear the fucking belt, and stop complaining
Old 07-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
Ok guys Ive spoke with the other mods and Admin.

If anyone wants to talk about this issue just take it to PM. Im beginning to hate this thread just like the damn comparison threads. Topics like this are just too controversial.

So we've decided that its just better to close them and let you who are interested to take these types of discussions to PM. There are always going to be people, myself included, that think that not wearing the seatbelt is just stupid. But the OP (who apparently according to Kostyan we should all be getting on our hands and knees thanking god he's here) has every right to do whatever the hell he wants to his TL.

BUT, the staff here at AcuraZine has every right to control how its done. So with that Im going to close this thread and every seatbelt thread in the future.

Igor if you ever figure it out then you can PM everyone and their mother with your info. But until then this topic is over..

Thanks.......