Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tint at the dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone tint at the dealership?

I know this is going to sound weird but I decided to get my TL tinted at the dealership, I called a couple places and none of them would let me make an appointment, so I called the dealer where I bought the car expecting them to quote a ridiculous price but was surprised when the guy said 145 for everything, plus I got to make an appointment...

the only catch I see right now is that the choices are limited, there's basically two colors and three shades (light medium and dark), he said that because the TL comes with a light factory tint medium was the darkest I could do legally, anyway I think I'm gonna give them a shot, I don't think the dealership would have someone incompetent doing tints and the price seems pretty good

Just wondering if anyone tinted theirs in a dealership and if so what your experiences were

Doug
Old 11-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Original_black_bart

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by acuranewbie
Just wondering if anyone tinted theirs in a dealership and if so what your experiences were

Doug
My TL was dealer tinted; no problems so far.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:16 PM
B A N N E D

Note.....all they are doing is subletting this job out to some aftermarket guy that comes to the dealership once or twice a month or once a week if demand calls and tints the cars for them. They couldnt do it any other way BUT with an appointment as they rarely have a staff person for this type of thing. Heck....here locally they even sub out the interior work too.....asked about a leather prob on back seat....reply...we have an interior guy here every tuesday and make another apt. (he admitted it was a subcontractor they hire during conversation) So....do it at the dealer or dont...but know it is probably NOT them actually doing it. They have bulk deals worked out with these vendors in most cases. I am sure they are quality vendors though...and you do have to believe that they do these ALL day long, so they are most likely better than having the dealer do it! (even though thats where you might be dropping it to have it done)
Old 11-22-2005, 11:12 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
ive only seen work done at a honda dealer just outside of sacramento...horrible. though they didnt sublet it was just horrible all over. too many air bubbles and the tint was not cut right. usually the dealer is on the ball with everything, just not with tint.

this is probably too late for your work, but to any future dealer tints...try to see some examples of their prior work, no doubt most sublet (as they do with dents, exhaust, etc) but it doesnt hurt.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Instructor

no dealer doest the work ,they have a shop do it for them,most places do good work ,just make sure you get a warranty
all shops that are pros give this to you for life time
and the car has no factory tint as in a shade,its just the green stuff in the glass
and check you state laws too,in cali anything in front is illegal
Old 11-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by acuranewbie
I know this is going to sound weird but I decided to get my TL tinted at the dealership, I called a couple places and none of them would let me make an appointment, so I called the dealer where I bought the car expecting them to quote a ridiculous price but was surprised when the guy said 145 for everything, plus I got to make an appointment...

the only catch I see right now is that the choices are limited, there's basically two colors and three shades (light medium and dark), he said that because the TL comes with a light factory tint medium was the darkest I could do legally, anyway I think I'm gonna give them a shot, I don't think the dealership would have someone incompetent doing tints and the price seems pretty good

Doug
mine has been great..better then other local shops but more expensive..