Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone seen the new 05 Ruby Red?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 05:05 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone seen the new 05 Ruby Red?

We are going to buy our new TL sometime this next week. The only variable is the new 05 Ruby Red color. If my wife likes it better than the Redondo Red then we will order an 05. Otherwise we will try to get the best deal we can on an 04. We drove around to 4 delears in our area today and saw a half dozen 05 models but none in Red.

Has anyone seen the new Ruby Red color yet? Pictures would be great. Otherwise we will take personal observations. Thanks in advanced!
Old 09-26-2004, 05:37 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
I dont think there is RUBY RED in 05s, it still the same REDONDO RED
Old 09-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Instructor

Acura is only advertising Redondo Red not Ruby Red for the TL. All threads concur - Redondo Red for 05.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Some of the car mags said Redondo was going to be dropped in favor of Ruby Red for '05. I guess the plan changed or was postponed.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Racer

Agreed. Ruby Red was a rumor.

If you go to Acura.com and build your 05 TL, Redondo Red is still there.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:11 PM
8 Foot Asian

The TL already "says" Hey look at me

Why are you guy's so into this red color?
Old 09-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Viva la differance...

For the same reason you're into SSM (or maybe WDP, hard to tell for sure from your pic) and I'm into AM. It's what catches the owner's eye.

If everyone liked the same color then Acura would only offer one color instead of eight.

So far, based on what I'm seeing here, the most under represented color is Desert Mist Met. I can't think of anyone posting here that's said they have that color or talked about it.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:00 AM
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by kosh2258
For the same reason you're into SSM (or maybe WDP, hard to tell for sure from your pic) and I'm into AM. It's what catches the owner's eye.

If everyone liked the same color then Acura would only offer one color instead of eight.

So far, based on what I'm seeing here, the most under represented color is Desert Mist Met. I can't think of anyone posting here that's said they have that color or talked about it.
Actually, there's is quite a few people here with DMM. I had a similar color on my Maxima (Sunlit Sand) and loved it. Doesn't show dirt or scratches (my Max looked as good when I sold it as when I bought it), looks great with Parchment, and they're not a dime a dozen.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
I had a Metallic Champagne Civic once and it was same color as DMM. It was a beautiful color and never showed dirt. Someone near my office has a DMM TL and it looks great in that color.

I also saw a Redondo Red for the first time last week and it's really makes you turn to look at it.

In fact there isn't a color the TL comes in that I don't like. When I win the lottery, I'll buy one in every color and choose which to drive depending on my mood.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Acura aficionado

yeah, red is a great color!

Old 09-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Burning Brakes

I love my RRP TL...it's my own little halfway-sensible mid-life crisis!
Old 09-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by narnia
... In fact there isn't a color the TL comes in that I don't like.
I agree! I even like the WDP, and I absolutely hate white cars. The WDP is enough "off-white" to make a difference.

Acura has it right - as opposed to the Infiniti G35, where there was only two colors I liked. Their black and their dark blue looked pretty decent. I couldn't figure out why Infiniti went with something like 15 different shades of silver on the G35 that even my Infiniti salesman had trouble telling apart.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:46 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GAWD....those pictures with the water drops are awesome!!! Nice job with the pictures....and although I've got AM, the red sure does look great. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cdkruaya
RRP is the most striking color for the TL . Looks much better in real life than in pics. With the ebony interior it is also the most sporty looking TL.

Disclaimer: In real life my TL was SSM. Guess I'm just not a sporty guy.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:32 PM
DWP
Advanced

Originally Posted by żGotJazz?
Acura has it right - as opposed to the Infiniti G35, where there was only two colors I liked. Their black and their dark blue looked pretty decent. I couldn't figure out why Infiniti went with something like 15 different shades of silver on the G35 that even my Infiniti salesman had trouble telling apart.
Both the TL and the G35 come in eight colors. Seven of the colors on each car (black, dark blue, red, sand, silver, white and grey) have an equivalent on the other car. Both cars offer one, and only one, shade of silver. The TL also offers a green, while the G35 also offers a medium blue. This is not to say that the equivalent colors are identical - they're not, not even the black or white - but I wouldn't characterize the G35 color selection as somehow depraved or deprived compared to the TL.

On t'other hand, the G35 offers only two leather interior colors - black and light grey - and that's a problem.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DWP
Both the TL and the G35 come in eight colors. Seven of the colors on each car (black, dark blue, red, sand, silver, white and grey) have an equivalent on the other car. Both cars offer one, and only one, shade of silver. The TL also offers a green, while the G35 also offers a medium blue. This is not to say that the equivalent colors are identical - they're not, not even the black or white - but I wouldn't characterize the G35 color selection as somehow depraved or deprived compared to the TL.

On t'other hand, the G35 offers only two leather interior colors - black and light grey - and that's a problem.
When I went to the Infiniti dealer last November, there were 2 different silver colors offered, and one golden color on the selection chart. The two silvers looked pretty close to each other on the sheet. The dealer had a couple of golden G35s in stock (which was the color I was looking for). When we went out on the lot to find a car to test drive, the salesperson couldn't tell any of those three colors apart, and neither could I. The "golden" color just turned out to be a slightly different shade of silver, and rather disappointing. We even verified that the color was the correct one on all of their "gold" G35s in stock.

The interior colors of the G35 were a problem for me, too. I definitely wanted a tan color to cut down on the interior heat from the Arizona sun.

In the end, I got a Desert Mist Metallic 04TL - with absolutely no regrets.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cdkruaya
Nothing wrong with that color. I was going to get it first until I saw one dirty sitting under a street light and it looked pink. Changed my mind real quick.