Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone heard from Brian AKA Tec-Toyz

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone heard from Brian AKA Tec-Toyz

I sent Brian an email almost two weeks ago and I still have not heard from him. I have since then sent him three more emails regarding my order from tec-toyz.com and still nothing. No order status, shipping info, or I'm on vacation, or sick in the hospital, Nothing. I'm just wondering if anyone knows why he is not responding to me?
Thanks
Old 03-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
I've had the same issue recently trying to reach Brian...he's been MIA since mid-February
Old 03-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Racer

I returned a flickering bulb to him last August and never heard anything back- even after several e-mails. He won't get my business again and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone else at this point.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Advanced

WTF He didn't have any problem receiving my paypal payment. And now I can't cancel payment without disputing. Glad to here I'm not the only one
Old 03-09-2007, 02:21 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
I sent an email inquiring about returning some flickering bulbs and never got a response. As a result I've placed orders for replacements elswhere
Old 03-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Racer

i ordered from him back in sept but he always returned emails to me promptly and i never had any problems with any of the LEDs from the bulbs burning out.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I guess...his near perfect feedback ...wont be anymore. Atleast he should of have a auto respond message or soemthing.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
He is Missing in Action, I guess.

I sent him an email and a PM and will let you know as soon as I hear something, unless he happens to post in this thread before that.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:29 PM
WDP Is Faster

Its a shame to hear this kind of feedback about Brian especially since he had such a strong reputation on this board. Even I was gonna order from him and I rarely ever buy stuff online..so that means something..

Well I hope u guys get ur situation taken care of...
Old 03-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Advanced

well his website is setup through Yahoo so you get an order confirmation but that is all that I got. When you click on order status in the confirmation email it will take you to his checkout page and the order status and shipping status are both blank. I'm trying to dispute the charges trough paypal but they will have to get in touch with brain before they can do anything about it. So I'm SOL
Old 03-09-2007, 03:29 PM
now with four rings

i just received a replacement bulb from brian, free of charge, back around the end of february...

i haven't tried to contact him since, but he has been down for a lil because of a burglary and having his computers stolen...it sucks to wait, but he's not the type to screw anyone over...
Old 03-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Advanced

this is my first time dealling with him so I don't know him. I hope that you are right.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:54 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
having worked for a major bank and a loan company, I would suggest something to those who have made purchases from him since his computers were stolen. Not saying this is Brian's fault, but the computers could hold valuable information about you.

not trying to scare you guys, but this is what I would rec to my customers if they were in this situation.

Since his computers were stolen, your financial information may be out there. I would at least change my credit card numbers. You do not want this to effect your credit in anyway. Also, if you do not feel like changing your bank account numbers, then check your statements once a month. You should be checking them once a month regardless. This goes for your credit card statement as well.

I check my credit card bill every couple of days because that is where i primarily do my transactions. That way, i don't usualy have something that i did 3 weeks ago and begin to question it. I hardly use my checking account so i only check it once a month. I know from personal experience the problems possible with the financial industry, so take the advice from a guy who has had to help clients out with multiple accounts of fraud.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:10 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i was on ebay yesterday, tec toyz still has items for sale on ebay.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Racer

I tried e-mailing through his normal e-mail address and also through eBay and didn't get any response. Quite honestly I got pissed and gave up.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:52 PM
A-SPEC

I dont know about no respond from tec toyz.... but my bulbs are flickering and they are bought from tec toyz... im so lazy to even take it out
Old 03-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
maybe he's on vacation?

btw, if the bulb have been used over half year and dead, would brian replace that one? what's the warranty on these bulb (if there's even any)
Old 03-09-2007, 06:56 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by ayethetiense
having worked for a major bank and a loan company, I would suggest something to those who have made purchases from him since his computers were stolen. Not saying this is Brian's fault, but the computers could hold valuable information about you.

not trying to scare you guys, but this is what I would rec to my customers if they were in this situation.

Since his computers were stolen, your financial information may be out there. I would at least change my credit card numbers. You do not want this to effect your credit in anyway. Also, if you do not feel like changing your bank account numbers, then check your statements once a month. You should be checking them once a month regardless. This goes for your credit card statement as well.

I check my credit card bill every couple of days because that is where i primarily do my transactions. That way, i don't usualy have something that i did 3 weeks ago and begin to question it. I hardly use my checking account so i only check it once a month. I know from personal experience the problems possible with the financial industry, so take the advice from a guy who has had to help clients out with multiple accounts of fraud.

hmmm. Is this applicable to paypal transactions?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Advanced

it sucks to have something stolen even worse to have your house robbed. But he still has to take care of business. If he has no way to do business then his website should reflect that. I'm sitting here feeling like I have been robbed by him for $74. Witch might not be the case but he is not making me feel any better by not responding.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Cruising in my

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wrote him some emails concerning the purchase of some lights about a month ago. I resent it a second time, and he wrote back after about 3 weeks of the original email . Right after I heard from him I placed my order ($52) which was last week. I haven't heard anything from him since.... I'm just waiting semi-patiently...

I hope he can get his business back in order soon enough. Go Brian!
Old 03-09-2007, 08:53 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by leedogg
hmmm. Is this applicable to paypal transactions?
this depends upon how you used the paypal service. If you used your credit card via paypal, then you may want to be a bit careful. if you had them deduct them from your checking account, they do a good job of coding the data and shouldnt be too concerned with it at that point.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Instructor

i just order a set of led from him i got last 3week ago
Old 03-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Sec's Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ayethetiense
this depends upon how you used the paypal service. If you used your credit card via paypal, then you may want to be a bit careful. if you had them deduct them from your checking account, they do a good job of coding the data and shouldnt be too concerned with it at that point.
With all due respect, this is incorrect. Brian does not process credit cards directly, it is done through Paypal. Paypal does not allow merchants to see, use, or maintain the customer credit card information. There is no more risk to your credit card and/or checking account information if a Paypal merchant's computer is stolen than if it isn't.

You need to be concerned about your credit card numbers and/or checking account numbers if Paypal is compromised, but that's it.

If you are paranoid about having your card number exposed, look for issuing banks that provide the ability to use virtual account numbers. These are account numbers that can be used to charge against your account, but provide you the ability to set a time limit and dollar limit of your choosing.

Ex: I purchase something from an online retailer that costs $44.00. I log in to my CC account, issue a virtual account code that is good for 1 month, with a maximum charge value of $50.00. At that point, I don't care what happens, because the most they can get from the credit card company from MY account is $6.00.

I hope this clears up any confusion.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:26 PM
I've been Canonized ;)

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
I ordered last month and received the bulbs no problem. Got them through Ebay.

As far as account protection....set up an Ebay or Internet account and only keep monies for the purchase in the account. In other words, account will only have account minimum until you transfer or deposit money for the purchase.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Advanced

If brian is dealing with his stolen computers how is he still able to keep up with ebay but not his own wedsite? I'm not trying to kick a man when he is down but it seems to me that if he is still able to keep up with his ebay then he should be able to take care of business at his own website..... Still nothing from Brian.....
Old 03-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Administrator

I haven't received any reply either, but I talked with Astroboy and he said to give him a week to recover and get back to normal.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Instructor

i sent him defective bulbs and he sent me an email saying that he recieved it on the 22nd of february, and no word from him since... hope he gets back into action soon enough
Old 03-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Cruising in my

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just got an Email from Brian! my order is shipping tomorrow!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:48 AM
3rd Gear

I just received an e-mail from Tec-Toyz today. Brian has a girl named Allie helping him out now. My replacement bulbs are supposed to be shipped out today. I will keep you updated as to when I receive them.

Let's hope they are back on track.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Advanced

Yeah I got an email saying that my order was shipped also. But I have sent Brian an email to cancel my order because I ordered everything again from superbrightleds.com. So now I have twice as many leds as I need. I wish that brian would just read his damn email.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:25 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
I have had this back and forth erratic communication with Brian since October. He has had a number of email/computer problems supposedly. I wanted to swap some bulbs but gave up. I must say he is a very good guy to deal with in every respect except with his response time. He would only get back to me after 3wks everytime. I just gave up and will wait till he's on track as everyone has said. If you're planning to buy I would still highly recommend him because of the lifetime warranty he offers you. Just hold off a bit if you can.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AMROCKS
Yeah I got an email saying that my order was shipped also. But I have sent Brian an email to cancel my order because I ordered everything again from superbrightleds.com. So now I have twice as many leds as I need. I wish that brian would just read his damn email.
send them back, but shipping on you. Might end up with more problems
Old 03-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tonywp75
send them back, but shipping on you. Might end up with more problems
Well if I do receive my order from Brian I will prob keep them as backups or just sell them for a reasonable price. No big deal just a little hassle. Trying to send them back for a refund will prob turn into more of an issue then it is worth.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:38 AM
"Take it, take it!!!"

I've always had good experiences with Brian...I'm sure his lag time is due to his business growing, probably why he hired an assistant...either that or he's a hippie who's expectedly forgetful
Old 03-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
same here...

i ordered thru superbrightleds.com and got mine the next day (regular shipping)!...highly recommended
Old 03-20-2007, 10:49 PM
07 WDP TL

dam I place an order yesterday i sent him an email to cancel my order i hope he reads it beacause i boght everything again from superbright
Old 03-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bcbtony
dam I place an order yesterday i sent him an email to cancel my order i hope he reads it beacause i boght everything again from superbright
Yeah well.... good luck with that!
Old 03-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jmathine
I just received an e-mail from Tec-Toyz today. Brian has a girl named Allie helping him out now. My replacement bulbs are supposed to be shipped out today. I will keep you updated as to when I receive them.

Let's hope they are back on track.
Have you received your bulbs from brian yet? I got my shipping notice at the same time you did and I have yet to get my order. Although I have ask Him to cancel my order, I have not received a refund either.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Advanced

Still nothing from Brian!!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Still nothing from Brian!!
Me too!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone heard from Brian AKA Tec-Toyz