Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have TL nightmares?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have TL nightmares?

I literally have been having nightmares about my TL.

I had one last night that I crashed it into a house and it was all jacked up. Somehow I instantly new that the Insurance company wasn't going to cover it. I felt devastated. Then amongst the ruble there was a bunch of guns laying on the ground and the home owner came out pissed off and yelling at me. Then I felt scared. When I woke up I was so re-leaved.

I had another one a couple weeks ago that I was on I-84 and I couldn't see very well. everything was like a blur and I kept bumping into other cars and the concrete dividers. for some reason I just kept on driving though.

I have put a lot of work into that car and I am always sketched out when people walk by it, or if I am giving people a ride that it's going to get fucked it up. My OCD prolly plays a role in these nightmares.

So am I they only one? If not, then tell us about it. nightmare or not.

Haha...Sweet dreams.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:01 PM
05 NBP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none that i remember, get a girlfriend
Old 07-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
It's relieved, but no never had a TL nightmare.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by images
none that i remember, get a girlfriend
Good idea. Can I borrow yours?

Haha. J/k. My wife would kill me.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:29 PM
j1n
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 07-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 373 Likes on 206 Posts
Get married, buy a home, obtain a position of higher responsibility in your company.

A car nightmare alludes that you don't have many heavy responsibilities yet, enjoy it.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DeathMetal
Get married, buy a home, obtain a position of higher responsibility in your company.

A car nightmare alludes that you don't have many heavy responsibilities yet, enjoy it.
True that. BTW. Your ride has the sweetest interior.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Originally Posted by Pharonocon
True that. BTW. Your ride has the sweetest interior.
Thanks, brother! Maybe one of these days I'll reupholster the interior to round everything out.

Can't blame ya on the OCD with the car, though. I wipe mine down with a microfiber cloth when I arrive to work...everyday. (yes, it's been a water cooler topic of coversation for many, lol)
Old 07-05-2010, 09:19 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Haha you would DM! I am very OCD about people not shutting the door by the handle, esp after I've washed. And people letting their legs drag the sideskirts as they enter the car. Ergg. Never any nightmares though. Oh yeah, I get a little antsy while punk-asses hover around my car or are checking it out.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Originally Posted by AMUA6
And people letting their legs drag the sideskirts as they enter the car. Ergg.
OMG, YES. Whenever the wifey wears heels she's aware the vulture eyes will be watching her entrance!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
My GF managed to scratch the sideskirts with her heels and the front bottom plastic piece of the seat. I'm incredibly OCD. I jsut recently stopped commuting in it again and vanpooling. My nightmares have stopped. I actually enjoy the car again instead of being on edge during the 45 miles each way behind oil field trucks and cranes. I always had some sort of lame nightmare that usually had the car getting scratched or dented. What a waste of a perfectly good dream.

This will probably be the lamest thing I've ever said but when racing was my number one priority and I was going to the track a couple times a month and illegal races in the GN all the time, I had a recurring nightmare that a 5.0 Mustang was racing me and I thought I was inching by him only to find that he was toying with me and would floor it and lunge ahead at will. That has to be a dream of course, a Mustake getting by me
Old 07-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
No, but I worry every time my sister takes the TL out.

Came home one day to hear she made a long (2 foot?) scratch along the passenger side of the car by hitting the garbage bin (it was garbage day) while backing out. Careless. That's what scares me everytime she takes the TL out.

Good thing I rubbed most of the scratch out (thank goodness garbage bin wasn't metal!) and detailed the car an hour later haha.

Last edited by guitarplayer16; 07-05-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
I dont have nightmares about it but I do get very anxious when anyone other than me is driving it.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Dude, if you're having nightmares about hurting the TL, get a 2nd car as a daily driver...even if it's an inexpensive car.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i dont blame you i have OCD when i clean my car and deal with passengers. i specifically make sure there is no eating inside the car at all times, last thing i want is a whopper soaked in ketchup on the seats
Old 07-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Advanced

The only nightmare I have is the car payment every month.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:57 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Originally Posted by fryguy669
The only nightmare I have is the car payment every month.
+1

i've always owned beaters for years, PIF get-me-around cars. this is the first car i've had that came with payments...sigh...

i went from paying 70$ a month for insurance with no payments to $150 a month insurance with a $330 payment. i have no regrets tho as i love my acura, i'd been wanting it for over 3 years and finally got it so i couldn't be happier. you gotta pay to play, right?

along the lines of OCD...it's setting in rapidly ever since i've gotten this car. i never thought i'd care about something so much as i do this car. my gf rides passenger (no...i will not let her drive) n everytime she SLAMS the door...i try and tell her that the door basically closes by itself and that she doesn't need to slam it. her response is always something like, "i didn't slam it, i just closed it normally!" i always think, 'if it was closed normally i wouldn't cringe everytime you're about to close it.' all in all tho she knows i want to take care of it and she respects that...i take pride in my car, she takes pride in her hair...it's all relative.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
+1

i've always owned beaters for years, PIF get-me-around cars. this is the first car i've had that came with payments...sigh...

i went from paying 70$ a month for insurance with no payments to $150 a month insurance with a $330 payment. i have no regrets tho as i love my acura, i'd been wanting it for over 3 years and finally got it so i couldn't be happier. you gotta pay to play, right?

along the lines of OCD...it's setting in rapidly ever since i've gotten this car. i never thought i'd care about something so much as i do this car. my gf rides passenger (no...i will not let her drive) n everytime she SLAMS the door...i try and tell her that the door basically closes by itself and that she doesn't need to slam it. her response is always something like, "i didn't slam it, i just closed it normally!" i always think, 'if it was closed normally i wouldn't cringe everytime you're about to close it.' all in all tho she knows i want to take care of it and she respects that...i take pride in my car, she takes pride in her hair...it's all relative.
Try having a $701 payment. That's a nightmare but it's almost done.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Instructor

I just started driving my Type S to work last week and I'm so paranoid when I leave it in the lot for the day. I always have a fear I will come back to find a door ding or worse yet somebody hitting it. Besides the Corvette I use to own, which was a Sunday driver this is the nicest car I have had to date, I just really love cars and hate to see any type of damage to them.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:15 AM
j1n
Pro

Originally Posted by ggesq
I dont have nightmares about it but I do get very anxious when anyone other than me is driving it.
yeah i know what you mean. thats why i rarely ever let someone drive it.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
+1

that door slamming gets me annoyed everytime too
Old 07-06-2010, 03:08 PM
5th Gear

i completely understand. i don't exactly have dreams of me crashing, but I always have anxiety when I drive. I always feel like I'm doing a lousy job and will hit something or someone. I'm always nervous that I'm going to wreck it.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:14 PM
j1n
Pro

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Try having a $701 payment. That's a nightmare but it's almost done.
i pay 700$ a month.... but i pay more than i need to so i can pay it off faster. going to bump it up to 1k a month when i start my new job.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Im the same way but unlike some of you guys fearing it getting hit in parking lots. Mine has been hit, twice, and both times the driver took off. It sucks to take such good care of a car and then have some asshole do that and bolt. People need to have some respect.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:06 AM
2011 BMW 335i

Yeah I had the most horrible nightmare once.....we had gone on vacation to some beach house....I was on the second story and when I went out to the balcony I noticed some giant tsunami like waves coming towards the beach house AND MY TL WAS PARKED DIRECTLY IN THEIR PATH!!! I watched in horror as the water crashed onto the car, shattering the windows and totalling my car....This is no joke I seriously dreamt this once luckily it was just that, a NIGHTMARE and when I woke up my baby was safe in my garage
Old 07-07-2010, 07:09 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
insurance question

^how do you guys have $700 payments? i thought mine was steep at over $300...interest rate is at 6.99%...i suppose that could be a bit better but still...$700 a month for your car? wish i had that kind'of loot...

on another note, do you all think $150 a month for insurance is decent? what do you all pay? i'll be turning 25 next month so it should go down, yes?

i've got state farm, no speeding tickets, only one accident back in 04' when i was t-boned by a tow truck who blew thru a 2way stop sign...(his fault obviously).

insurance includes:

bodily injury/property damage liability
personal injury protection
100 deduct comprehensive
500 deduct collision.

& apparently these discounts...

multi-car discount
safe driver discount
accident free discount
steer-clear discount

and my payments are at $150 a month...anyone have any ideas on this? TIA
Old 07-07-2010, 09:13 AM
TL = True Love

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
you have balls to let other people drive your car. I cant do that and my excuse is that its a manual(no chicks can drive it)
Old 07-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DeathMetal

Pretty f-ing true. When I first got my car; it was all I cared about, even more than my GF. No mystery why we broke up. With the time apart from her, work becoming pretty intense with competition, and realizing the car means jack shit in the grand scheme of things and happiness... I wish I would have nightmares about the car again instead of what I'm having now.

But to not detour OP's thread, I used to have nightmares of all sorts.
Stolen wheels, vandalism, and my favorite is outrunning the police. I would try to outrun crown victorias, helicopters, and cheetah-like-speed K-9 dogs (). Apparently, in my nightmares... when you hit a wall or car you can just downshift and it speeds you up through any impact. I'm sure it was a sad sight for her to see me wake up half frightened that I ruined my A-Spec kit from the chase. I know... pretty stupid but what can I say. T'is good to be young.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:19 PM
UA6 NPB!!!!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
i always have nightmares of my car getting stolen. i've had ever car stolen so far, since i was 16. lol insurance hates me and i hate the people who steal them. and they always do it right after i feel like i just finished modding it. and i have nightmares of anyone else driving my car. after i let my sister borrow her when i went to study abroad. she went soo far into the breaks that there were no more pads left basically. and it left all the break-dust to break into the side of the car. 4 months of leaving it everyday in the sun.... : (
Old 07-07-2010, 12:20 PM
UA6 NPB!!!!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
bake*
Old 07-08-2010, 12:53 AM
SHAWD 04TL is in

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
^how do you guys have $700 payments? i thought mine was steep at over $300...interest rate is at 6.99%...i suppose that could be a bit better but still...$700 a month for your car? wish i had that kind'of loot...

on another note, do you all think $150 a month for insurance is decent? what do you all pay? i'll be turning 25 next month so it should go down, yes?

i've got state farm, no speeding tickets, only one accident back in 04' when i was t-boned by a tow truck who blew thru a 2way stop sign...(his fault obviously).

insurance includes:

100 deduct comprehensive
500 deduct collision.

multi-car discount
safe driver discount
accident free discount
steer-clear discount

obviously you got your TL used.... which is why we have the lower payments.... UNLESS you put 15K down on your TL when new, expect a 500-700 payment at the standard 3-4 year term.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
j1n
Pro

i had a dream last night that some one stole my wheels. (just got new wheels) lol
Old 07-08-2010, 12:00 PM
j1n
Pro

insurance includes:

100 deduct comprehensive
500 deduct collision.

multi-car discount
safe driver discount
accident free discount
steer-clear discount

my payment is actually 600$ a month but i pay 100 more so i can pay it off faster. intrest rate is like 5.2%.

i pay bout 100 a month for insurance. i think it was 120 or so when i was 24.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:44 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
I had a dream that I rolled my car a few nights ago. I woke up and stumbled downstairs to make sure my car was okay
Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Instructor

Hm... what type of neighborhood you live in?

Probably the environment around you makes it seem like you do not feel safe with your car parked out.
Thus, having nightmares, because you worry too much.

Probably install a security system or some sort.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TRIOD3SIGNS
obviously you got your TL used.... which is why we have the lower payments.... UNLESS you put 15K down on your TL when new, expect a 500-700 payment at the standard 3-4 year term.
$701 with 3K down (wasn't planning on getting a car right then and partying took up most of my money back then) 2.9% rate for 5 years. I got a great deal.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i'm embarrassed to admit, but yes i have. that one reoccuring dream with my in the car, being stupid and not being able to stop, or getting in an accident. meh...
Old 07-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by erick3
i'm embarrassed to admit, but yes i have. that one reoccuring dream with my in the car, being stupid and not being able to stop, or getting in an accident. meh...
Yep, that sounds similar to my dream.

btw. Hows the G37 treating you? Any links or pics to any mods you have done?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
I believe the posts about girlfriend is correct. My girlfriend has been gone for almost 3 weeks to Taiwan, and last night I had a nightmare about my TL.

I was driving, and hit this pot hole... the rear left wheel got stuck in there some how and the momentum just tore the wheel out from under my car.

THEN I WOKE UP
Old 07-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Team Owner

Now that I think about it, I occasionally have this dream in the TL that my reactions are super slow and I'm trying to hit the brakes but my foot won't move. But losing to a Mustang in the GN is a much scarier dream lol.