3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a tint w/o moleskin liner and have the dealer try to BS afterwards??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 01:11 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Anyone have a tint w/o moleskin liner and have the dealer try to BS afterwards??

Okay, here's the situation, I know there've been a ton of posts about this tint problem, but here is one more. I have razor like lines from top to bottom on my windows!!

Has anyone gotten a tint w/o getting the moleskin liner? If so, Have you experienced the problems people have described?

I got mine done at California Tint in Alexandria, VA, they said they've never heard of the moleskin....then they said they only use it on mercedes or BMW's and have done tons of TLs lately w/o them.

They have a guarantee for their work, and since I asked them about it before I got the tint and they said I didn't need moleskin, would this qualify me to get all my windows redone for free that had scratches due to the lack of moleskin and I just pay the cost/install for the moleskin?

I just don't want to get screwed out of $200 by these guys.

Any recommendations as to how to get my $$$ worth would be much appreciated!!
Old 04-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Exclamation

Some of ppl having tints without felts are trouble-free now. But, yes, many of them are already going back to tints shops/dealers for repairs.

Maybe it's related to what film/material they put on the car.

My stupid dealer had told me the same thing in Dec. and said they never put felts into any Acura cars... Instead of my stupid dealer, I may look for other tint shops before summer comes.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:10 PM
Overlord - Team Abyss

I live in Minnesota and just started putting down my windows. I also have the razors and the dealer is having the tint shop that does their work repair it on Tuesday. Hopefully they get can remedy the issue. I put down my windows daily in the summer. I've got to enjoy the nice weather while I can!
Old 04-15-2004, 08:38 AM
1st Gear

Just another tint Problem!

Hello to everyone, I'm new, but I thought I would share my story.

I bought my TL at the beginning of FEB and tinted the windows 2 weeks later. I noticed the same thing when putting the windows down. I don't think it is the tint at all, it has something to do with the inner door. If you notice the razor marks start at the top and go all the way down to the bottom. If it was not something in the door, it would only scratch the tint in certain spots.

I used to have a 2001 CL Type S and never had a problem with the tint and have had all my cars tinted at the same place.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:09 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by hpiacura
Hello to everyone, I'm new, but I thought I would share my story.

I bought my TL at the beginning of FEB and tinted the windows 2 weeks later. I noticed the same thing when putting the windows down. I don't think it is the tint at all, it has something to do with the inner door. If you notice the razor marks start at the top and go all the way down to the bottom. If it was not something in the door, it would only scratch the tint in certain spots.

I used to have a 2001 CL Type S and never had a problem with the tint and have had all my cars tinted at the same place.

We hope felts could prevent this kind of scratch happening whlie felts give tints the smooth touch.