Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever remove body side molding?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone ever remove body side molding?

My car was backed into by some dumb a$$ and I got go through my insurace, can we guess why....

Anyway its just my driver door, but the body shop has to replace the out door skin and the body side molding... Well I am going to get parts myself as they are charging my insurance full list price, so I will apply the parts to my deductable and get a cash refund of diffrence...

My question is as we have to replace the driver door body side molding its not going to match the remaining 3 as well for a few reasons... #1 the current ones seem to have faded a bit on the top or the water iron ate at it as they have which ashy look on top, even if car is washed and we clay bar them and wax them it wont go away... #2 is that this part is pre-painted so we know the lot #'s will be diffrent thus pait color somewhat off.... And because we cant just replace the driver door as honda makes you order the entire set, (damn rip off) I will have 3 extra and wonder if it is worth it to replace the other 3 with the new ones and if so what would I be looking at as for getting the old ones off... Would it damage the paint behind it? I put them on myself following the instructions and have been on for 1 year now.

Any comments would be greatful.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:27 AM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're talking about the side body moldings you can buy them seperately. Just check with your local dealer. I damaged one of mine when something hit my car on the fwy and just bought it for like $80. There's no issue of it scratching the paint behind it..i think the dealer charged like $20 to install it.