3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Else Take 04/05 TL Survey for HMC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 08:43 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Else Take 04/05 TL Survey for HMC?

Yesterday I got an email from Honda Motors asking me to take a survey.

It asks you a question about what car you own (they're apparently looking for new TL owners) and what cars you compared it to before buying. If you make the right selections (whatever that means) then they ask you to take the full survey.

I thought it was interersting because they ask about many of the specific issues that have been addressed here, including:

Looks - Front, rear and side and what can be done to make it look better
AWD - Would I be interested and at what price point.
A "sport" model - Would theoretically include 300 HP, better suspension and different look. They also asked to rate the importance of each individual component. Also asked if torque steer would influence my decision.
Side mirror marker lights - Want to know importance and how much I would pay.
AUX jack on radio - Again, would I be interested (DUH!) and how much would I pay.
Wireless access to upload NAV updates and potentially music - Importance/price
A built in hard-drive based music system (i.e. built-in iPod) w/ripper - Importance/price.

They also referenced some other minor things like auto-dimming side mirrors, 6-way passenger seat, day-time running lights and auto-on headlights.

I was happy to see this survey. It seems like they know what people are looking for!
Old 11-14-2004, 08:49 AM
3rd Gear

I recieved mine yesterday.

I like the idea of getting a chance to voice my opinion of the future model upgrades. Hopefully, they will listsen and give us an even better car. One thing I wish they would have asked about are the complaints people have about the current model. like rattles and tire vibration!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
WOW!

I definitely would like to see more power (mainly torque, but also a horsepower increase). I think that 300 HP and 270-280 lb/ft of torque would be at the limits of this car with FWD for the street, with larger tires of course. It would be controllable because of the VSA so little "accidents" of too much throttle causing undue wheelspin would not be an issue. And the added bump in torque would be great for 6th gear so you really wouldn't need to down shift for passing. Plus, these power numbers would really fit this car to a Tee.

Just increase the displacement by around 24 cubic inches and maintain the same state of tune and you have those numbers. Man, would I like to see that!
Old 11-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Racer

After taking that survey I have no doubt that Honda reads this board.

They asked questions on all things people here obsess about!
AWD
The fact that the new G35 has 5 more HP this year
Those stupid side marker lights on the mirrors.

I just hope they listen and make some good changes as a result of the survey and this board.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
The G35 with manual transmission has 38 more horsepower, but the same amount of torque as last year (260 lb/ft).

?? My TL doesn't have "stupid side marker lights on the mirrors".. thank God.

Personally, I hope that if Acura does come out with AWD for the TL, they do it as an optional model like the G35. That way, those of us who don't want it can still get a fine car without it.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got mine Friday and completed it yesterday. Thought that is was great and gave them my thoughts; some good, some bad. All-in-all, I thought that the survey will nake the TL an even better car if they implement the things they discussed and kept the cost reasonable! Just my
Old 11-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Team Nighthawk Director

I'm hoping some positive changes will come out of this, hopefully upgradable on our cars!
Old 11-15-2004, 04:05 PM
VTEC HoooA

I didn't get this survey, but would have made the following recommendations:

1. Delete the tape player and give us MP3 with the base head unit (Infiniti has done this and is offering this in the G35)
2. Bring BACK the Type S (perhaps as an AWD with more power)
3. Alter the A-Spec package to include performance mods (6 speed only with more aggressive gearing perhaps)
4. Improve the leather quality!!
5. Torque Torque Torque......we need more. Nissan understands this, Honda does not. VTEC is great but it wreaks havoc on the MPG. In order to extract any type of power from this engine (and it is a sweet engine) you have to rev it above 4500.
6. Test the cars for NVH before shipping them to take care of rattles, vibrations, and other issues that would easily have been caught.

As general comments regarding the whole of Acura
1. Better seperate the Acura/Honda product lines. There should never be an option offered on a lower end Honda that is not offered on an Acura (read MP3 capabilities)

2. Work on service department. For the most part my experience with Acura service has been a mixed bag. It has never been consistent, and at times can be downright laughable for a 'high end luxury' brand. Infiniti spanks Acura in this regard, as does Toyota with their Lexus brand. Honda has merely blurred the line.

Overall the TL is a great car, but could be even better!!
Old 11-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Team NightHawk VP

the one that i will have to agree with most is i want better service!!
Old 11-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Racer

The survery never asked "What would you change".

Clearly they had some things in mind that they did want to add/change and they wanted opinions on those specific items.

I think they're on the right track with what they want to add and change.
Based on the survey they are listening to us.

FWIW, I have no issues with the service from either of my two local dealships.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Team Nighthawk Director

They'd be stupid not to read these forums and hear what the customers have to say.