Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody buy a TL in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 08:00 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody buy a TL in AZ?

I'm about ready to lay my money down for a 2004 TL here in Arizona (Tucson/Phoenix area). Anyone have any good/bad experiences buying a TL from the dealers here (I think there's only 3-4 within 150 miles of me)? I'm curious about the serivce you received, did they cut you a good deal, etc.?

Thanks,

Stikman.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by Stikman
I'm about ready to lay my money down for a 2004 TL here in Arizona (Tucson/Phoenix area). Anyone have any good/bad experiences buying a TL from the dealers here (I think there's only 3-4 within 150 miles of me)? I'm curious about the serivce you received, did they cut you a good deal, etc.?

Thanks,

Stikman.
Sorry, I live in Phoenix but I got my TL through a work lease and it actually came from California. I did take it to Acura of Tempe to address some of the issues and the service guy acted like he never heard of the tire issue. And then, while I was explaining it, he let the words "flatspotting" slip, and then I knew that he knew all along and was playing ignorant. I agreed to leave it overnight to fix this and several other minor problems but I have yet to take it in.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:17 AM
9th Gear

Bell Acura in Phoenix has always treated me right. They have always consistently beat the other local dealerships on price and service and shot me straight. They don't have a new multi-million dollar building but so what.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:59 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I bought at Beaudry and although they used to suck a few years ago they were great now. 700 miles so haven't taken it in yet.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:48 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bell Acura - Best to deal with. They were the friendliest, and gave me the lowest price of the three Acura dealerships in Phoenix. I recommend working with Neal Ferrell. Almost no pressure during the sale. As mentioned by drwaldo69, their dealership is looking a little threadbare by today's standards, but they are currently building a new dealership (to be located on the west side of Bell Road, near the State Route 101 Agua Fria Loop).

Scottsdale Acura: My nogotiations went as follows, as I told the Sales Manager that I would sign a contract within the next 24 hours:

Scottsdale Acura Sales Manager: "Why should I lower the price for you? If I can sell this car for MSRP sometime between when we pre-order it and when the car comes in, it would be stupid for me to lower the price to what you claim that you can get at another dealership. If you say you can get it for less than MSRP somewhere else, go ahead and get it there."
Me: Speechless. Jaw dropping and blood pressure rising.

Needless to say, I don't recommend buying at Scottsdale Acura! They wouldn't bargain at all on a Navi 04TL. Not to mention that they had waaaay to much of a snotty attitude in general and were very annoying just to talk to.

Tempe of Acura - Relatively decent to deal with. I worked with the Costco/Fleet salesperson and he was OK, but he was very much a car salesperson. Moderate pressure on the sale, but I've dealt with worse in the past.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Advanced

Jazz, I agree with you both on Bell Acura and Scottsdale Acura. I had been taking my '01 MDX (bought in California) to Bell for service and when I went looking for a TSX there, the sales guy blew me off. I went to Scottsdale and found the TSX I wanted and got a pretty good deal. I went back to Scottsdale to look at the TL and they seemed to be jerking me around on the TL. I mentioned this to my service advisor at Bell Acura and the same day I received a phone call from Roger Wales, the sales manger, apologizing for missing out on the TSX buy and offering to take care of me on any future purchase to make up for it. So, I've since got my TL from Bell and just picked up a new '04 MDX from them last Saturday. Roger and Neal have been great and I really appreciate them. I'm moving back to California this month, and they will contact the nearest Acura dealer in this area (Acura of the Desert near Palm Springs) to have them continue the fine treatment. OK, I replaced the Bridgestone EL42s with Michelins Pilot A/S at my own expense and the TL is going in this week to fix the seat memory issue, but I feel that these are Acura issues and not necessarily, the dealer. Anyway, I dont have any more room in my garage for any more cars.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:05 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by kefler
I bought at Beaudry and although they used to suck a few years ago they were great now. 700 miles so haven't taken it in yet.
Were they willing to negotiate a deal with you? When I went in there, they were just matter-of-factly saying, "Oh, there's a long waiting list for these cars, they pretty much sell at MSRP..." It was the first dealership I've been to that didn't start out saying how they'll cut me a "sweet deal".

Thanks for the info
Old 04-08-2004, 10:08 AM
10th Gear

I talked a bit with the Tempe Costco rep. It was a little different than what I expected since the Costco rate is supposed to be a flat "no haggle" price. It seemed as though there was room to negotiate with him. Also, I noticed Tempe's MSRP is about $600 more than the $33,195 MSRP. Tinted windows shouldn't pop the price up that much, should it?

Thanks for the info, though. I'll have to check out the Bell guys.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:46 AM
2nd Gear

Debra, the internet manager, in Bell Acura is nice to deal with! Tempe Acura is allright. Chad in Tucson dealership is okay as well. Never negotiated with Scottsdale Acura. So I cannot comment on that. Based on my recent negotiation with these dealerships for 04 TL auto with navigation. They are willing to offer you from hundreds of dollars off to even $1400 off MSRP with some exterior accessories installed.. This pricing did surprise me a bit at first! But I didn't buy it though because I am still waiting for the right color combo for me. Does anyone know if we need to pay document fee in Arizona? I called DMV they said if you pay cash in full you don't need to pay document fee. As far as I know there is no law to regulate document fee in Arizona like California do.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Didn't really negotiate. Free spoiler on a 6MT Navi. They are not easy to get I don't think. Autos are everywhere and they would have done a better deal on those. Chad was the salesman, he is excellent.