Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Anthracite Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 11:17 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Anthracite Owners?

Today I finalized my purchase on a 04 Anthracite/Ebony w/NAV. Received my VIN (in the 8,800’s), made a small deposit and will take possession in two (2) weeks.

I have only seen the Anthracite one time and seemed to like it the best, at that time. However, I don’t see too many of you that have chosen the Anthracite color. Is that true? Is it not a popular color?

Those of you that have gone with the 04 TL with Anthracite, would you go with the same color again? In retrospect, are you happy with the Anthracite color?

Having some second thoughts with that color I guess. Just looking for some reassuring comments.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2003, 11:22 PM
Instructor

I went w/ Anthracite/Quartz, to arrive at the end of November. Could've had Pearl White/Parchment next week, or a Black/Ebony w/ HPT mid-November w/ my local dealer. Had the opportunity to get a Blue/Quartz from a regional dealer, but didn't want to have to drive out of town to get it. Blue was an up-and-comer for me, but I stayed w/ the Anthracite. When I asked for opinions around work, everyone picked either the Anthracite or the Blue. I'm happy w/ my choice!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:55 PM
10th Gear

Me too

I have an Anthracite/Quartz waiting on me. I'll be picking it up in a few days, and I'm damned excited. I also queried folks on the color scheme, and the Antracite was the only one I really liked. I hope the Quartz looks like I think it should, since I only saw it in a pattern book . I'll let y'all know when I pick it up!
Old 11-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Instructor

I test drove an Anthracite/Quartz, so I knew what it looked like. I also looked at a Black/Ebony that was the manager's car.

Trust me, the Anthracite is a sophisticated color - not as much as Black, but then not the problems w/ swirls/dirt that Black has. Plus the Anthracite isn't a standard gray, it's metallic which makes it stand out somewhat. Colors like green, red & blue are either loved or disliked. Beige/desert mist colors are too bland & conservative. White's a safe color, but I think it gets dirtier than Black. Silver is the color that EVERYONE gets!

Basically then, Anthracite is the best color to get!
Old 11-01-2003, 01:39 AM
Instructor

I GOT ONE. 6MT/ Navi/ Anthracite/ Ebony tonight...... WOW!!!! SWEET~!!!:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Old 11-01-2003, 05:55 AM
Racer

When the new TL's came out I spent about a week, going to dealers to look at all the colors and interiors. (Saw all but Red) Each color had it's strength and weakness with DGP, AM and SSM my favorites. What completely blew me away was the Antracite/Quartz. IMHO it combined the best interior with one of the best exteriors and was simply elegant. I have a 6MT AM/Q with Navi on order.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:54 AM
Advanced

Had the Antha/Quartz for 2 weeks and love it. Try the 18' rims bc it adds a nice touch.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:37 AM
Advanced

Saw an Anthracite/Ebony at my dealers this week and parked my Carbon Grey/Ebony TSX next to it for comparison. I love the TSX CG color. The TL Anthracite TL is a lighter grey thanks to the metallic tint but just as classy. I was surprised by the difference. I am thinking about getting the Anthracite and didn't want it to be too close to the TSX. Its not. BTW, the Carbon Grey TSX is one of most popular colors on the TSX. You wont go wrong with the TL selection. In fact, mine (w/nav) will be built on 11/29 and we should have it by Christmas.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:04 AM
Advanced

Cool

someone with too much time on their hands. Read the whole thing. It is awesome.

http://www.canadianautoreview.com/2004_acura_tl.htm
Old 11-01-2003, 09:30 AM
Advanced

I have a 6MT/Anthracite/Ebony/HPT on order. Supposed to be delivered on 11/20/03. Can't wait!
Old 11-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by newacuraforme

someone with too much time on their hands. Read the whole thing. It is awesome.

http://www.canadianautoreview.com/2004_acura_tl.htm
Wow! I can't believe how detailed his analysis is. Where on Earth did he get all that information?
Old 11-01-2003, 09:55 AM
6th Gear

Color

I have a 2003 TL-S w/Navi in anthrasite with ebony int. and love it . It is easy to keep clean .Get the windows darkened,it looks great.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:59 PM
DNA
Instructor

Re: Color

My salesman said he expects about 1 out of 4 of his TL sales will be anthracite. It is a popular color. My anthracite/quartz should be here in about 10 days. I'm beginning to feel like a little kid just before Christmas.
Originally posted by Carafa Sr.
Get the windows darkened, it looks great.
Are you just rubbing it in that you don't live in California (where the originator of this thread lives)? (We can't touch either the windshield or front side windows. It would look pretty silly to tint the back side and not the front side.)
Old 11-01-2003, 02:14 PM
6th Gear

I would love to tint the windows when I get my new TL. NOT California though!

I had another car a long, long time ago (Black Buick Grand National) and tinted the windows on it. Got a ticket the first week out on a trip to Mammoth Mountain. Then got stopped three (3) other times on the way back for tinted windows.

Stop teasing us Californian's!
Old 11-01-2003, 03:04 PM
Chief TL Aviator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Anthracite / Ebony / Navi == GREAT choice!
Mine arrives in 9 days.
Tick Toc.
Old 11-01-2003, 03:06 PM
10th Gear

i got my anthracite metallic last nite with 5 miles on the car..the dealer tinited for me for free and it look really nice with tint...the anthracite color is so nice, its metallic so it looks like it has more than one color too it...
Old 11-01-2003, 03:11 PM
6th Gear

enjoy it.The more I drive mine the better I like it.
Old 11-01-2003, 04:57 PM
DNA
Instructor

I know this is OT, but I keep seeing discussion about tinting in various threads. California isn't the only state that doesn't allow additional tint on front-side windows. Neither does Alaska, Colorado, Delaware, D.C., Illinois, Iowa, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and most Canadian Provinces.

The most restrictive states that allow no additional tinting on any window even in vehicles that have left and right side mirrors are New York, Pennsylvania*, and Rhode Island.

Furthermore, in many states (including California) the tint law also applies to cars from other states. If any of you who are tinting your front-side windows are planning on driving through California or most of the other states listed above, I wish to thank you in advance for helping to reduce our budget deficit.

*PA: Applies to sunscreening "which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle".

Source: http://www.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/
Old 11-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Instructor

What??!!

How can some other state ticket me for having tint that I applied on my car in my home state?
Old 11-02-2003, 05:55 PM
Comptech Freak

I love anthracite...my 02 TL is with anthracite

but now the 04 TL is only avilabe with the 6MT model...=(

hope there will be more color when i get the new TL in a yr or 2
Old 11-02-2003, 06:46 PM
DNA
Instructor

Originally posted by jmichaelp
What??!! How can some other state ticket me for having tint that I applied on my car in my home state?
Alaska: Tint regulation does apply to non-Alaska registered vehicles. State Troopers write fix-it tickets which requires "repair" within 5 days and the City of Anchorage will write $150 tickets for the violation.

California: Out-of-State cars driven in California are required to be in compliance with the CA Tint law.

D.C.: Can apply to out-of-state motorist, no out-of-state exemption defined in statute.

Florida: Law enforced by the use of light meters and can apply to out-of-state motorist.

Indiana: Out-of-state motorist can be ticketed for being in violation of IN tint law.

Iowa: is spotty on enforcement but can enforce the law against out-of-state motorist such as writing a fix-it ticket.

Maine: As the law is read, it can be applied to out-of-state cars.

Michigan: State police will give the 3rd degree look to any car that is not in compliance with MI tint law but will usually leave out-of-state motorist alone.

Missouri: New law removed out-of-state exemption.

North Dakota: The tint law may be applied to non-resident cars.

Ohio: The tint law has been known to be enforced on out-of-state cars in some towns.

Oregon: Tint Law may be applied to out-of-state vehicles.

Utah: The tint law can be enforced on out-of-state cars.

Vermont: Tint law can be applied to out-of-state registered cars.

Virginia: Tint law may technically be applied to out-of-state registered cars. There is HB 1563 which would make the law apply to VA registered cars only. The bill did not pass.

Washington: Tint law applies to non-Washington registered vehicles.

Wisconsin: Tint regulation applies to non-Wisconsin registered vehicles.

British Columbia: Tint law applies to non-residents.

Northwest Territories: Tint law applies to non-residents.

Ontario: Tint law applies to non-residents.

Quebec: Tint law may apply to non-residents.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:05 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
I hav the 02 TL in Anthracite and there are a lot around. I wanted the black, but in 02, in Canada, they did not have Black / Ebony, only Black/Parchment. As such I took the Anthracite/ Ebony. This is a good colour that does not show the dirt or scratches like the Black. That said, the 98 Accord in black, that I also have, to these eyes looks better when its clean, but overall the Anthracite is the best of both worlds.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally posted by BLEXV6
I hav the 02 TL in Anthracite and there are a lot around. I wanted the black, but in 02, in Canada, they did not have Black / Ebony, only Black/Parchment. As such I took the Anthracite/ Ebony. This is a good colour that does not show the dirt or scratches like the Black. That said, the 98 Accord in black, that I also have, to these eyes looks better when its clean, but overall the Anthracite is the best of both worlds.
anthracite needs to wash often to keep it shiny thou~

if u bought silver, u probably wont' need to wash it at all~

but most of the ppl are getting silver thou~
Old 11-02-2003, 11:26 PM
6th Gear

Re: Color

Went to the track today to base line the car,a 2003 TL-S navi.
A little disapointed.It ran a best of 15.23 at 92 mph.
Now it's time to get serious.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:05 AM
Comptech Freak

?????
we are talking about colors here....-_-"
Old 11-03-2003, 02:42 PM
Intermediate

Anthracite/Quartz/Navi is on order. Don't know the delivery date yet
Old 11-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Advanced

I have the same car. Love it.

:o
Old 11-04-2003, 11:04 PM
6th Gear

Feeling Better

A big thanks to everyone for the reassuring comments about the Anthracite color. I never owned a Grey colored car before, plus I just see so many of that color around LA. I guess I now feel more comfortable with my decision to go with it along with the Ebony interior plus Navi.

Today I received news from my dealer that my car has left the factory and has been in transit since Friday (10/31/03). Now it should be just a matter of days until it reaches Southern California. Planning on chroming the OEM 17’s like I did on my MDX. Yep, that’s right, I’m getting excited!

Thanks again everyone for the positive comments.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am probably going to order Anthracite....

But now the decision is between QUARTZ and EBONY. I already have a GRAY (Quartz) interior on my old car and had it on the car before that... 16 years of gray!!

Quartz seems to make the interior look brighter from what I have seen at the dealer.

Ebony definitely looks cool inside.

if you have Ebony, do you have any problem keeping it clean... and does it make the cab dark looking even in the day?

I know it is a personal preference, but those with experience (have one of these card with one of those two combinations and have driven it!) would know more than I after just looking on the lot.

Mike
Old 11-12-2003, 09:40 PM
Cruisin'

I know it's a personal thing, but I love the Anthracite and Ebony combintion and think it gives the car a higher end look.

Don
Old 11-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went with Anthracite and Ebony and am VERY happy!

Easy to spot in between all those Silver cars!

Looks real slick....

Cant wait until the 600 MPH break in is over to tear out a bit more!

Mike
Old 11-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Burning Brakes

I went with Pearl White with Quartz because I've had two satin silver TLs (one Type S) and I've got a silver MDX, and the Anthracite was still just too much like silver. I needed to force a change and the White/Quartz is really refreshing to me, and, at least at this point, a more rare combination. Gotta tint the windows, though.

You can't go wrong with Anthracite/Quartz, BUT MAKE SURE YOU'RE SURE.

Blue, Green, Red, and most other colors can get old quickly, and they sort of come and go. You can't beat the grey scale shades for timelessness.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Advanced

I went with Anthracite & Camel. I picked it up 2 weeks ago and the dealer said it was the only one of that combo in the state at the time, big whoop.

My boss has a G35 and his boss has a S500 and both of them really like my interior colors compared to theirs; especially the way they contrast with the Anthracite. They also were very impressed with the quality of materials for what thats worth. They keep asking me to lunch this week; if I drive.

I know the Camel has turned some folks off; but who wants to have the same car as everyone else.

The color combo played into my decision because I could not get Dark Gray and Camel with Audi or MB. Not to mention all options being standard.

The car is every thing I hoped for and more.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Racer

Originally posted by DNA
Furthermore, in many states (including California) the tint law also applies to cars from other states.
Here's a tip: If you see the disco lights behind you, roll down your front windows before the cop comes up.

I know guys who have had their front windows tinted for years and never had a problem.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:07 AM
DNA
Instructor

Originally posted by fuque
I know guys who have had their front windows tinted for years and never had a problem.
Tint law enforcement is very uneven from state to state and even within a state. In Palo Alto, where my office is, even "meter-maids" write up tickets for illegally tinted windows.

The TL comes with tinted windows. They appear to be quite effective in reducing heat in the car (as much as I can tell this time of year with daytime temps hitting the low-70's). Adding additional tint would make them pretty obvious to cops, I'd think.

Getting back to the subject of this thread, I've had my Anthracite/Quartz AT/Nav a week now and I'm very pleased with that combination. Anthracite hides dirt better than I thought it would. The splash guards blend in and aren't noticeable. The lighter Quartz interior is a nice contrast. Anthracite isn't a showy color like the blue or red but I find it both elegant and practical.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by denix
Anthracite/Quartz/Navi is on order. Don't know the delivery date yet
Quoting myself...
After a month of waiting, my dealer tries to sell me Ebony (which my wife doesn't like) instead of Quartz I've ordered. Now I have to wait hopefully till the end of the month or maybe more to finally get my Quartz...
Even though its their mistake, they can't give me any discount (saying they are big enough to have customers paying MSRP), just a few accessories...
Old 11-13-2003, 03:10 PM
Racer

Re: Feeling Better

Originally posted by 1BADMDX
A big thanks to everyone for the reassuring comments about the Anthracite color. I never owned a Grey colored car before, plus I just see so many of that color around LA. I guess I now feel more comfortable with my decision to go with it along with the Ebony interior plus Navi.

Today I received news from my dealer that my car has left the factory and has been in transit since Friday (10/31/03). Now it should be just a matter of days until it reaches Southern California. Planning on chroming the OEM 17’s like I did on my MDX. Yep, that’s right, I’m getting excited!

Thanks again everyone for the positive comments.
Which dealership did you go to? Valencia Acura? If so, did they give you a good deal? Did they budge to go below sticker? Any info would be great..thanks
Old 11-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Intermediate

I wanted the Anthracite/ebony Navi. It is beatiful. This is my wifes car though and she wanted the silver/ebony Navi. Both are beatiful.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Advanced

We have an Anthracite/Ebony/Nav TL on order and are looking forward to the combination. Our TSX is Carbon Grey/Ebony/Nav and while the interior is dark, that's a good thing in Phoenix. The ebony is very classy with the aluminum accent and IMHO is not any harder to keep clean than other interior colors we have had.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:02 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by gotsand?
We have an Anthracite/Ebony/Nav TL on order and are looking forward to the combination. Our TSX is Carbon Grey/Ebony/Nav and while the interior is dark, that's a good thing in Phoenix. The ebony is very classy with the aluminum accent and IMHO is not any harder to keep clean than other interior colors we have had.
Great choice! You will love that combo!

Quick Reply: Any Anthracite Owners?