Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another "should we wait?"

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 02:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Another "should we wait?"

So, its confirmed, we are getting the TL As of now we are getting it by July, probably from acura of boston since we know a lot of people who have had a good experience with them. I am wondering if it is worth a whole 2 months for the new model release. I know most of you would say yes, but we plan on going up to main, vermont, and maybe DC this summer, plus being a student I dont want more school before my new car. After 6-8 months of begging my parents to get this car, should I have them hold off another 2. Is there really anything that spectacular they could do to the same model? The only thing right now that would make up my mind would be the intoduction of SH-AWD, which I know won't happen because it requires a major overhaul on the body and obviously the drivetrain of the car. Thanks for everyones input, this forum rocks!!!
Old 04-23-2005, 02:42 AM
Riu
2004 TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where do u go to school?
Old 04-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
I wondered the same thing too, when I bought my '04 last July. The only thing I would like to have had are the seats in the '05. Much nicer than those in the '04. But even with the butt printing of the '04 seats, they're still not bad as far as comfort and holding ability.

Personally, I would not want AWD in my TL because I would not want the loss of power which would come with this package. Now what I would like to see is a larger engine and more power (horsepower and torque). That would be a killer to buy an '05 in July and then find out in September that Acura was doing this.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:56 AM
Instructor

Is this for you or for your parents? If this is for you, isn't TL to much for a high school kid?
Old 04-23-2005, 10:10 AM
I slow down for COPS

Originally Posted by crazymjb
So, its confirmed, we are getting the TL As of now we are getting it by July, probably from acura of boston since we know a lot of people who have had a good experience with them. I am wondering if it is worth a whole 2 months for the new model release. I know most of you would say yes, but we plan on going up to main, vermont, and maybe DC this summer, plus being a student I dont want more school before my new car. After 6-8 months of begging my parents to get this car, should I have them hold off another 2. Is there really anything that spectacular they could do to the same model? The only thing right now that would make up my mind would be the intoduction of SH-AWD, which I know won't happen because it requires a major overhaul on the body and obviously the drivetrain of the car. Thanks for everyones input, this forum rocks!!!
There will be always something else that you may want to wait for. This way, you can wait forever.

Plus, would you really want the SH-AWD or whatever else may or may not be new. I would imagine it would be more expensive. If that is what you want then wait. Otherwise, go for it.

My
Old 04-23-2005, 10:41 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

I would wait, so you can at least see what the offering for 2006 is. If it's not to taste, or too expensive, or whatever other reason, at least you'll have the ability to bargain a little more since the dealerships want to clear the 05s off their lots.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:43 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Lore
I would wait, so you can at least see what the offering for 2006 is. If it's not to taste, or too expensive, or whatever other reason, at least you'll have the ability to bargain a little more since the dealerships want to clear the 05s off their lots.

Old 04-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Thanks. No, its for my parents. I talked to my mother about waiting today, and she says she is going to get it in june or july, which made me even happier. My fathers car is falling apart and she can't wait. I think the SH-AWD is worth it, we live on a dead end hill in new england which is a bitch to get up. I would take the slight power loss for AWD, however I know they wont have it as an option untill 08. Thanks for everyones input. At some point we may buy an aftermarket TPMS. They arent to expensive and if its gonna save a life, its worth it.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crazymjb
Wait for the 2006 but will be paying MSRP. Depending on your bargaining skills, you can bargain the shit out of them for a fairly good price (close to invoice) on a 2005.

I personally would get the 2005 because I know how to bargain. Spec changes, I'm not sure if what is changed in 2006.