Another new TL owner!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007 | 11:22 PM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

Another new TL owner!

I know, I know...post pics! Sorry, my camera is busted, but if you look at the pic at the top of the forum list page it's pretty similar haha.

Of course I'll post pics in the pic thread as soon as I borrow a camera.

Stats:

'05 TL 6MT Dynamic w/Navi
Anthracite/Black int.
All windows tinted, 18" graphite rims, lowered 1 1/2"

Now onto the car. Ok, maybe it's the fact that I drove Civics for 16 years or it's just the "honeymoon" phase...but this car is well beyond my expectations. Features aside, I think it handles great. No offense to the TSX crowd...but they kinda had me worried. The engine is kinda like my Civic (Vtec)...if it took massive doses of roids. I love the fact you have a luxury car that you can rev like a sports car. Of course that's my own preference, I guess that makes me a Honda fanboy or something. Oh well!

As for the features...well, let's just say only now I figured out I can open my garage door with this car. The feature list is beyond any other car I considered. Not to mention, the interior is so nice I actually feel guilty driving in such comfort! haha

I comparison shopped for months, test drove Subarus, Mitsubishis, Mazdas, etc etc, ...even all the Acuras, but kept coming back to the TL. I think it has a balance of luxury and performance that can't be beat in it's price range.

I know maybe there are faster cars or more luxurious cars, but after spending so many years driving "economy" cars...this one is a dream! I finally see why you are all here.
Old 09-08-2007 | 11:31 PM

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the 3G forum! There's a ton of information to here to help you enjoy that new TL of yours.
Old 09-08-2007 | 11:37 PM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

Originally Posted by ttribe
Congrats on the new car and welcome to the 3G forum! There's a ton of information to here to help you enjoy that new TL of yours.

Thanks! And I know, I've been reading for months.

Mods will need to wait a bit though since I just shelled out a lot of $, but a CAI is tops on the list of course.

Oh I almost forgot...thanks to those of you who helped me with my decision in car talk....especially "iforyou" who actually sent me listings! What a guy.
Old 09-08-2007 | 11:51 PM
Pro

Congrats, acuracanuck! I just got my 07 TL, 4 weeks ago this coming Monday. I too, absolutely LOVE it so far. When my 97 CL was in for service last year they gave me a TL as a loaner (yeah, nice loaner for a 10 year old CL, haha). Once I drove it, I knew I wanted it!

I too considered a few other cars (Lexus ES350 & BMW 3 Series)...I just couldn't justify spending the extra $3k - $4k just to make them comprably equipped! You definitely get your money's worth in this car and it's TONS of fun to drive!
Old 09-08-2007 | 11:52 PM

^^I hear you on needing to do a little $aving for more mods...I REALLY want to do the A-Spec suspension and wheels...but we're building a house right now...it'll have to wait.

In the meantime, you might think about a Comptech or Progress rear sway bar. It's a pretty cheap upgrade (~$150) and makes a SIGNIFICANT difference in the cornering of the car.
Old 09-09-2007 | 12:05 AM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

^^I hear you on needing to do a little $aving for more mods...I REALLY want to do the A-Spec suspension and wheels...but we're building a house right now...it'll have to wait.

In the meantime, you might think about a Comptech or Progress rear sway bar. It's a pretty cheap upgrade (~$150) and makes a SIGNIFICANT difference in the cornering of the car.
Thanks...ya I'll keep that in mind. I like the suspension so far. Not mushy, feels sporty. But it has the upgraded suspension, so I don't know how a regular TL would be. The guy also put in new springs. Sway bar and CAI sound like good things to start out with eventually. What do performance headers go for?

Hhaha...I already love the car but now I wanna fix it? crazy.
Old 09-09-2007 | 12:08 AM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

Originally Posted by steve9207
Congrats, acuracanuck! I just got my 07 TL, 4 weeks ago this coming Monday. I too, absolutely LOVE it so far. When my 97 CL was in for service last year they gave me a TL as a loaner (yeah, nice loaner for a 10 year old CL, haha). Once I drove it, I knew I wanted it!

I too considered a few other cars (Lexus ES350 & BMW 3 Series)...I just couldn't justify spending the extra $3k - $4k just to make them comprably equipped! You definitely get your money's worth in this car and it's TONS of fun to drive!
Ya, Lexus and BMW are a little too pricey, and honestly...I think the TL looks nicer.

I first went to Acura to buy an RSX-S...then tried the TSX and that was over! Then the dealer suggested a TL. Well, that was bye bye to the TSX. So I know what you mean. As soon as you drive it, it's all over for the other cars.
Old 09-09-2007 | 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by acuracanuck
Thanks...ya I'll keep that in mind. I like the suspension so far. Not mushy, feels sporty. But it has the upgraded suspension, so I don't know how a regular TL would be. The guy also put in new springs. Sway bar and CAI sound like good things to start out with eventually. What do performance headers go for?

Hhaha...I already love the car but now I wanna fix it? crazy.
Pretty sure you can't swap out the headers on this engine...if I understand correctly, the stock headers are welded directly to the engine. I haven't looked too much at the exhaust mods...not really my thing. I'd do some searching through the "Performance..." forum for some answers in those areas.
Old 09-09-2007 | 12:19 AM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

Pretty sure you can't swap out the headers on this engine...if I understand correctly, the stock headers are welded directly to the engine. I haven't looked too much at the exhaust mods...not really my thing. I'd do some searching through the "Performance..." forum for some answers in those areas.

It's ok if you don't know...I have plenty of time to research before I do anything to the car...although those racing pedals in this forum look pretty damn sweet...
Old 09-09-2007 | 12:23 AM
TL Hooker

Why do you want to rice up your TL?
Headers
Old 09-09-2007 | 12:29 AM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

Originally Posted by Mastervtec
Why do you want to rice up your TL?
Headers
Ha someone suggested it and I was curious. I still haven't said anything about the giant fin I'm putting on the back.
Old 09-09-2007 | 02:24 PM
Senior Moderator

congrats on the new ride!!!
Old 09-09-2007 | 09:08 PM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

Originally Posted by ggesq
congrats on the new ride!!!

Thanks! I'm still figuring out all the features! I actually used the route mapper for the first time and it's awesome, especially on split screen mode. The only thing that sucks is I feel like I'm back in school, trying to memorize the Navi commands! lol

My brother wants to buy one too now in fact, but he has a big family so maybe RDX? I told him I will trade cars with him when I go camping and he was like "ummm...that's a GREAT idea!!!" haha

Anyway, I already changed my driving habits. I park far away from other cars and I get mad if anyone gets too close or cuts me off. Gotta protect my baby!
Old 09-09-2007 | 09:17 PM
Needs wheels

Congrats!
...and you are already ahead of me on the mods list! I hope to get a set of wheels by the end of next summer, you are already beyond that! So kudos to you
Old 09-09-2007 | 09:26 PM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

Originally Posted by godizus
Congrats!
...and you are already ahead of me on the mods list! I hope to get a set of wheels by the end of next summer, you are already beyond that! So kudos to you
Ya, well I'm actually pretty happy with it as is. I think I'll do more to it but no rush. CAI for sure then maybe eventually Procats if I find a deal. Someone suggested a thicker sway bar, but I have no complaints about the body rolling so far. It's Dynamic so it think it's 20"? That one's a maybe. I dunno really what else to do to it. It already has double the HP of my Civic!
Old 09-09-2007 | 11:23 PM
Intermediate

congrat on the new ride. I just purchased a 06 TL my self.
Old 09-10-2007 | 01:15 AM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

Originally Posted by LDai1219
congrat on the new ride. I just purchased a 06 TL my self.
hey, congrats to you too. what type?
Old 09-10-2007 | 09:38 AM
Safety Car

Congrats. Waiting for Pic's. Manual is the way to go! MUCH more fun to drive, and in

full control. Enjoy and have FUN !
Old 09-10-2007 | 09:59 AM
Safety Car

He's right.

Welcome!
Old 09-10-2007 | 01:10 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by acuracanuck
hey, congrats to you too. what type?
Its a 06 white damond pearl A-spec . 5 speed automatic.
Old 09-11-2007 | 02:07 AM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
Congrats. Waiting for Pic's. Manual is the way to go! MUCH more fun to drive, and in

full control. Enjoy and have FUN !

Ya, I never owned an auto cuz they are boring to drive! (to me anyway) Sure it's not so fun in rush hour but I live 5 min from work so...not an issue!

As for pics, as soon as I can!
Old 09-11-2007 | 02:09 AM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

Originally Posted by LDai1219
Its a 06 white damond pearl A-spec . 5 speed automatic.

Cool, enjoy the A-spec. I think it's a great suspension so far.

By the way...I'm soooo glad I held out for the Navi. That thing is AMAZING! Anyone considering buying a TL...get the NAVI!
Old 09-11-2007 | 11:38 AM
Instructor

Congrats on the new ride!! Enjoy!!!
Old 09-11-2007 | 06:14 PM
'05 TL 6MT Anth. w/Navi

Originally Posted by Drvn2Modify
Congrats on the new ride!! Enjoy!!!

Thanks! I am!

There's only one thing that sucks though..my cell phone is not compatible with the Bluetooth. Damn Samsung!