Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Season Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All Season Floor Mats

I know some off you have talked about these floor mats from H and A accesories so I want to buy some because my caramel colered carpet ones are pretty dirty. Looking at the web site they only offer black for 2004, the 2005-2006 caramel ones are discontinued but they do have caramel ones for 2007-2008.
My car is a 2004, what is the difference? I thought it was the same car/ interior. Will they not fit or fit the two little hooks on the floor to keep ther mat from sliding forward?
Old 11-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
i think the floor hooks are different in the 04 than the 05 06 07 08 ... i dont know for sure though, its just every site i see for floor mats lists them differently so i assumed there was a difference with the floor hooks
Old 11-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 is different from 05 but not sure exactly whats different. I bought these mats for my 05 from Tim.. look for his thread.. Im pretty sure he'll have what you're looking for on the website or you can pm him.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
I think black mats would look sharp in a tan interiored car... Plus, they wouldn't look as dirty.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
I can get these brand new for $108 shipped, just PM me. Anything OEM I can get for cheap.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Dogmatic Dinosaur

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
I have weather tech and the acura ones, both in black. They stay put, so I don't know that the hooks are a big deal.

I would buy either again, but the weather tech seem to hold more a bit more junk.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Instructor

Looks like the groupbuy is still active...

http://www.hondacuraplanet.com/mm5/m...tegory_Code=SP
Old 11-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jda123
I have weather tech and the acura ones, both in black. They stay put, so I don't know that the hooks are a big deal.

I would buy either again, but the weather tech seem to hold more a bit more junk.
I have to say, weathertech is the only way to go- have saved my carpets from a number of spills and it keeps the car looking and smelling clean.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Make it so

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up

Get WeatherTech. I got them for my 2004 TL (which is a camel interior, black exterior) and they fit perfectly. Any other floor mat doesn't have enough of an outside lip to keep things like water or leaves and crap from getting onto your carpet (therefore defeating the purpose of having the floor mat in the first place).

Don't get tan mats. The car already looks bland enough with the tan, the black looks much better and adding MORE tan to the car doesn't look good. Plus black will not show grime, tan will.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Advanced

The weathertech laser cut for the tl's are better than oem-i've had mine for 6 months and i loved them.kind of pricey for the whole car i paid 197.00.it was worth it....
Old 11-12-2010, 06:08 PM
SlowAnthony

Originally Posted by NOTSKERDD
The weathertech laser cut for the tl's are better than oem-i've had mine for 6 months and i loved them.kind of pricey for the whole car i paid 197.00.it was worth it....
we need a group buy for these!!!

someone get on it! lol
Old 11-12-2010, 07:05 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by jda123

in an accident, the force is quite significant. without the hooks they will fly forward and possibly obstruct/press on the gas/brake. The ones in the back seats will fly forward and possibly impact the passenger side weight/airbag sensor.

I wouldnt be surprised if using non oem mats would void any issues related to these areas.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Using non-oem mats isn't going to cause you any issues.

I have the WeatherTech floor liners. They aren't "mats", but formed trays that act as mats. They work great, and fit well. The only problem is, they are really freakin expensive. I think I paid about $200 for the front and rear. But they work great, especially in the winter, keep all the melting snow and salt from getting all over the carpet.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:45 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by BradE
Using non-oem mats isn't going to cause you any issues.

I have the WeatherTech floor liners. They aren't "mats", but formed trays that act as mats. They work great, and fit well. The only problem is, they are really freakin expensive. I think I paid about $200 for the front and rear. But they work great, especially in the winter, keep all the melting snow and salt from getting all over the carpet.

If something goes screwy with your passenger side weight sensor and you have a non oem mat, the dealer could simply say that the non oem mat slid forward and damaged that weight sensor under the passenger seat. Just an example.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I picked up the WeatherTech liner set for $160. I forgot the name of the store where I got it but do a search for "Weather Tech" and you should be able to find it. The rear is one piece and fits so tight that it doesn't move.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:14 AM
Instructor

Does anybody have a pic of the WeatherTech (Black mat in Caramel int.)? Or the OEM mats (same-black in Caramel int)?
Old 11-14-2010, 11:27 AM
OCD

Received 126 Likes on 43 Posts
I say stick with OEM black all weather mats, here is a pic of mine in my camel interior.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM
~*~

Originally Posted by Roger555
I say stick with OEM black all weather mats, here is a pic of mine in my camel interior.

Thanks for sharing the pic; I've been considering Black All-Season mats with my camel interior. Definitely looks hot! Made up my mind!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Make it so

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TLMunchkin37
Thanks for sharing the pic; I've been considering Black All-Season mats with my camel interior. Definitely looks hot! Made up my mind!
Although the OEM mats are ok, they still don't have enough of a lip or straight-up floor coverage like the WeatherTechs. They don't hold any amount of water or debris when compared to WT...there just isn't any comparison.

A few weeks ago the windows and sunroof were all cracked during a rainstorm, and the WeatherTechs were FILLED with water. Nothing got onto the carpet. The OEMs would have done nothing in that case, or once it starts snowing like it does here in northern Utah.

As evidence, I submit a picture I took three minutes ago. Excuse the leaves, the tree outside of my apartment sheds all at once once cold weather hits.

Look on the left side towards the console- the OEM mat covers nothing there. WeatherTech all the way, the extra price is well worth it.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by DuoDSG
Although the OEM mats are ok, they still don't have enough of a lip or straight-up floor coverage like the WeatherTechs. They don't hold any amount of water or debris when compared to WT...there just isn't any comparison.

A few weeks ago the windows and sunroof were all cracked during a rainstorm, and the WeatherTechs were FILLED with water. Nothing got onto the carpet. The OEMs would have done nothing in that case, or once it starts snowing like it does here in northern Utah.

As evidence, I submit a picture I took three minutes ago. Excuse the leaves, the tree outside of my apartment sheds all at once once cold weather hits.

Look on the left side towards the console- the OEM mat covers nothing there. WeatherTech all the way, the extra price is well worth it.
There is no mat that protects against the window being open and if the WTs were filled, weren't the seats and dash wet too? I am not coming after you but they both offer the same amount of protection which its meant for (carpets). If you need liners because of debris and such, you should stop driving with that person in the car. I hate driving when it rains because I don't like it when passengers take too long to get in and the rain gets in my car and such. Almost double the price, I don't see the worth. For that extra $100 you can replace the mats after three years and get new ones. I personally would be all over the WTs if they weren't double the price of OEM.

Last edited by AckTL05; 11-14-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
OCD

Received 126 Likes on 43 Posts
weathertechs are UGLY! Maybe if I lived somewhere where it snowed I would use them in the winter but nothing looks good like the OEM mats while providing more then enough protection for most conditions
Old 11-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Make it so

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AckTL05
There is no mat that protects against the window being open and if the WTs were filled, weren't the seats and dash wet too? I am not coming after you but they both offer the same amount of protection which its meant for (carpets). If you need liners because of debris and such, you should stop driving with that person in the car. I hate driving when it rains because I don't like it when passengers take too long to get in and the rain gets in my car and such. Almost double the price, I don't see the worth. For that extra $100 you can replace the mats after three years and get new ones. I personally would be all over the WTs if they weren't double the price of OEM.
My apologies, I didn't mean to imply that it solved the water in the car problem. Yes, my cupholder was full of water and there was water all on the roof pillars and the seats, but no water got to the carpet directly thanks to the floor mats. The lip around the edge was high enough that it was able to hold a LOT more water than would have been possible with the OEM mats, strictly because of the design.

I agree, it's cheaper to replace mats, but the fact that the mats are also made of cloth means they are susceptible to mold that can happen all too often when exposed to excessive amounts of rain. In places like here in northern Utah, there's no getting around having a ton of snow coming in with you whenever you get into your car. I would rather have the WT's instead of having to replace any mats. It's more preventative to keep the water and debris off the carpet instead of having to dedicate time to deep-clean them on a regular basis.

That and I don't need to plaster the letters "TL" or "Acura" anywhere else onto my car. The car's interior is nice enough without more of that.

But that's just me.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Advanced

I have the Acura oem rubber mats for my TL and Weathertech All Weather mats in my '09 Pilot. The oem mats are made of a thicker rubber and are easier to clean. The Wtechs have more grooves to hold dirt and those grooves are harder to clean mud off of, you need a brush as opposed to wiping the oem with a towel. The Wtech also will have heel inents over time. The oem wears better at the heel spot. Both fit well enough that dirt, salt, and liquid stay off the carpet. I am pleased with both. If I had to choose, I pick the oem for the Acura. Again, these are the rubber mats, not the formed liners like pictured in this thread.

Last edited by millarduck; 11-14-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roger555
weathertechs are UGLY! Maybe if I lived somewhere where it snowed I would use them in the winter but nothing looks good like the OEM mats while providing more then enough protection for most conditions
Yeah and where I am, it snows. Having weather tech mats that look a little dirty sometimes are easier to deal with vs. dirty carpets.

If you have an all black interior like I do, the weather tech mats look fine. How many people even look at the damn floor anyway.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:09 PM
SlowAnthony

too many choises...
Old 11-15-2010, 03:12 PM
SlowAnthony

hrmm, this makes me think about getting at least all seasons over the Carpet OEM ones...
Old 11-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Instructor

Weathertech has other options than the complete floor liner mats. i just got the basic all season mats the other day from them and they run around $100 total for front and back. I think they're great and look pretty good too.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:34 PM
SlowAnthony

Originally Posted by DuRtYwUrKs
Weathertech has other options than the complete floor liner mats. i just got the basic all season mats the other day from them and they run around $100 total for front and back. I think they're great and look pretty good too.
can you post a picture of what ones you are talking about?

Here are my options:

$40 shipped for Black OEM Carpets
$108 All Season OEM Black Rubber
$190 WeatherTechs

I'm half tempted to just buy the carpet ones and just replace them as needed...
Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Instructor

Here's a link straight from weathertech...i'll try to post pics later of what they look like in my TLS. I think they work and look great.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:00 AM
SlowAnthony

Originally Posted by DuRtYwUrKs
Here's a link straight from weathertech...i'll try to post pics later of what they look like in my TLS. I think they work and look great.
Thanks!

For the looks I went ahead and ordered some OEM All-Seasons. I think they look better than the weathertechs. (obviously its a personal opinion)