Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Intake for 05 TL

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air Intake for 05 TL

Does anyone have the Injen intake for the 05 TL Auto? Is there a better one out there?

More power, More Power, MORE POWER AHHHHHHHH..........

Can you feel the difference in performance?

Anyone with the Comptech Cat Back exhaust with the air intake combination. I need both. I need more power.

Please respond........
Old 02-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lots of people have them. Search for Injen or if you want the AEM I believe there are like 2 threads already on this page about them. Also check out the "Garage" section of the forum.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Safety Car

if you are after more power i would take the money you plan on spending on the intake and exhaust($1300) and apply it to the supercharger. then you will feel the difference in power.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Certified A-Hole!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People spend like about half the cost of a supercharger on I/H/E and get nothing near the results. IMO if you want more more more power, save that extra lil bit and go with the S/C Powwwwweeerrr!
Old 02-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by caball88
if you are after more power i would take the money you plan on spending on the intake and exhaust($1300) and apply it to the supercharger. then you will feel the difference in power.

True that or you could always get a custom turbo kit then you will have all the power you can stand.

Me personally I am going for reliability and if you put a supercharger/turbo on your car nothing is going to be under warranty anymore. This to me is very important especially when you spend damn near $38k for a car. While superchargers are nice they are even nicer when they are a factory option and under the factory warranty.

However, If I wanted a fast car or sports car for that matter I wouldn't have bought the TL.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Safety Car

well some dealers actually will sell you the comptech supercharger and install it for you as well. also as a side note installing a supercharger does not automatically void your warranty. the dealer has to prove that the part you installed is the reason for the part(s) in question. so if you starter goes or your alternator goes they cannot reject warranty work unless they prove the supercharger is the reason.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by caball88
well some dealers actually will sell you the comptech supercharger and install it for you as well. also as a side note installing a supercharger does not automatically void your warranty. the dealer has to prove that the part you installed is the reason for the part(s) in question. so if you starter goes or your alternator goes they cannot reject warranty work unless they prove the supercharger is the reason.

True... but if your tranny breaks they can blame it on the added power of the supercharger. So basically there are very few parts that can't be blamed on the addition of the SC. I guess if some dealers are willing to sell/install comptech SC's and cover them under the factory warranty then all the power to them. Those dealerships are few and far between, not to mention they are going to be the only ones that will work on it under warranty. So if you go on a trip something happens then the dealership you take the car to is more than likely not going to cover any damages under warranty. While SEMA does fight for the aftermarket community and it's customers they can't keep dealerships from basically black flaging your car if they want.