Ok, here's my background....

'91 Accord EX Coupe
'93 Civic Si Hatch
'98 Mitsubishi Ecplise GT-S
'01 Honda Accord EX Sedan
'01 Honda Civic EX Coupe
'03 Honda Odyssey EX-L
---anyone care to guess when kids 1, 2, and 3 showed up? lol

Anyway, my Odyssey is perfect for the family wagon and my Civic, as all of my Hondas (and that fun 3 years with the turbo'd Eclipse) has been reliable and very functional. I just started thinking about replacing the Civic and spotted the Concept Si Coupe at Detroit with the 200 hp and 18's.

I then started thinking larger and started considering:

2005 Maxima
2005 Accord EX V6 Coupe (add the Factory Performance)

Then I remembered my boss in San Diego had a sweet Acura (2002 I believe) CL before the S Types hit and it looked good and ran strong.

I pull up the trusty Acura website and "bam" that TL just jumps out at you. The $33,100 MSRP wasn't too bad either. I started building one online and thought the Anthracite looked perfect... add the Quartz interior.

As I went along I added every body panel, air dam, etc the online configurator would allow. Added the 18" rims (non chrome) and the rear wing spoiler. Everything checked out to a $36,945 price tag. I then figured to go online and see what forums on this ride I could dig up and I found you fine people -AND- this awesome thing called A-Spec...whoa.... that's what I want... the Acura version of the Honda's FP.

I just need some advice, thoughts, opinions on the following:

- Obviously shop for a base TL 6MT (I dont want Nav or the HP tires)
- I want to add in the A-Spec which gives me all of the options (body moldings and 18" rims) plus high perf tires, upgraded suspension, aero kit, sport steering wheel, and A-Spec logos.
- I've looked at both, but which is everyone's opinion that looks better the rear deck "wing" or "lid"?
- What is the consensus on A-Spec rims (not aftermarket) the alloys or the chromes?
- The only pricing I've seen online has been $5200 for the A-Spec. Anyone got intel otherwise?
- Any reason to hold out for 2006 models? I couldn't find anything online about upcoming changes to the TL.
- As far as pricing; the consensus seems to be that dealers are selling in the mid- to MSRP and not from invoice to mid. I have about 5 dealers to play with between Tucson and Phoenix, so I plan on shopping them hard.
- At MSRP pricing, my ride is now up to $33,100 + $570 (delivery) + $5200 (A-Spec) = $38,870 MSRP. Invoice on the base is about $30,000 so I have the $3100 on the markup of the car to play with plus anything I can negotiate off the $5200 A-Spec. Any thoughts on getting the A-Spec pricing reduced?

Sorry this is so long. I read pretty much every thread on this forum before registering and posting. Any input, advice, thoughts, or warnings would be great.

Andrew
Tucson, AZ

oh yeah, I run a Collections Dept for a credit union so I repo a lot of cars. Currently got a 2000 MB S430 on the lot but in 13 years of repo'ing as much as 50 cars per month in San Diego, I never had to pick up an Acura.... guess people dont want to lose them, lol.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:32 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
All of the answers to your questions have been posted on the forum, suggest you try the search function for many, many threads. You can even get some good pricing advice.

But wait, you already read almost everything? I'm confused. Nice color combo IMHO. You have found a great car and a great forum. Why not get the Navi? I'm not trying to hate, just don't understand what assistance you are requesting.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:01 AM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by unc879wins
- At MSRP pricing, my ride is now up to $33,100 + $570 (delivery) + $5200 (A-Spec) = $38,870 MSRP. Invoice on the base is about $30,000 so I have the $3100 on the markup of the car to play with plus anything I can negotiate off the $5200 A-Spec. Any thoughts on getting the A-Spec pricing reduced?

Looks too high price for me. I don't have A-Spec, but total was $32,622.18