Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Total Luxury Care?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 12:22 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Total Luxury Care?

Well here's the story: I got into an accident early Saturday morning which left my car undriveable. I called Acura Total Luxury Care to have my car towed. They said they would deliver it to the car dealership by my house (about 22 miles from where the accident happened) to have it fixed. But as luck would have it, my dealer's service department isn't open again until Tuesday due to the holiday. Acura TLC said that the tow company would probably take it to their lot in the meantime. Anyway, that following day I called the tow company to make sure everything was fine with the car and make sure they would deliver it. But now the tow company is saying that my insurance would have to come to them to inspect the car and I would have to call the dealership to arrange the pick up.

Now here is my question, since I called Acura TLC, aren't they supposed to make sure my car is delivered to the dealership as they had promised? Is there anything they can really do to make sure the tow company follows through? Am I S.O.L. It's already been a long time without my car and its been hard to deal with as I'm sure all you can imagine.

Any advice on what I should do at this point? I'm kinda sick in my stomach thinking that my poor car is rotting away in a shady tow lot right now.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:09 AM
10th Gear

Have you talked to Acura TLC? I've never had to use them before, but that would be where I call first. I would think the tow contract is between them and the tow company, so TLC should have the authority to get things moving. Sounds obvious to me the tow company is trying to get the auto body business from the insurance company. If TLC offers no help in the matter (keep talking to the boss until you get a definitive answer and get their extension or phone number before you're transferred), try calling your local sheriffs office for advice. Perhaps they can send someone out with you to help resolve the issue. After all, the agreement was for them to transport your property from point A to B, now not only have they not fulfilled the agreement, they're holding your property hostage.

Sorry about your luck, hope those ideas help.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Sounds right to me. Insurance is probably going to end up paying the towing bill, so that's how it generally goes. The insurance company will want to inspect the car. I don't think you want the dealer doing your body work anyways. They generally just farm out the work, or have one body guy who just got out of high school. You want a place that does 100% body work, not a new car dealer to do your work.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:01 AM
I slow down for COPS

Originally Posted by HiTEC
Sounds right to me. Insurance is probably going to end up paying the towing bill, so that's how it generally goes. The insurance company will want to inspect the car. I don't think you want the dealer doing your body work anyways. They generally just farm out the work, or have one body guy who just got out of high school. You want a place that does 100% body work, not a new car dealer to do your work.
It sounds right to me too. Plus, they want to keep it at their lot as long as possible for the storage fees. They are very high and that is how they make their money.

Sorry to hear about your mishap and good luck, Mark.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry about the accident. Hopefully everybody is OK. As others have said, let the insurance company adjuster go out to look at the car and decide how much damage there is - possible total loss? Talk to your friends and family, find a good reputable body shop locally and be prepared to ask the body shop to have the car taken to them.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:46 AM
10th Gear

Thanks for everyone's support and concern. I probably should have given more details bout the accident. There really wasnt any body damage as far as I know. What happened was I was driving around and was about to turn into a gas station but I didn't see the little cement median dividing the street. I hopped over that and when I checked under the car to see any damage, I noticed my oil was leaking from the oil pan. Next thing I knew all the oil was in a puddle around the car and my oil dipstick was bone dry. I guess I will take it up with Acura TLC and then see what they say.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Yes, it sounds like you don't need a body shop. Thing is your insurance company will still probably pay the bill for the tow and not Acura TLC. Since it's not really Acura fault that the oil pan cracked they will probably not pay. I still think you need to work it out with your insurance company, unless you are not claiming it which you will probably pay the towing bill.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:37 AM
10th Gear

I know insurance will pay for tow. Im just worried cuz Acura TLC hired these guys to deliver the car to my local dealer but Im getting conflicting info from the tow guys themselves. I just dont want to have to end up hiring another towing company to pick up my car from the the guys who have it now. Augh, what a hassle this has all been. Not a great way to start off 2006.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Intermediate

If your car actually needs body work, my only recommendation is to make sure you take it to a shop that you have done business with before or has come recommended by someone you trust. If they are this hard to deal with now, just think about the headache you'll have when they're working on your car.