Sponsored by:

Acura TL Type-S vs. bmw m3

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Ride or Die !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you !!

Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
This is correct in terms of thrust, but what I and the OP are trying to say is that becuase of the tall geared nature of the TLS in 6MT, that even though he is in a higher gear, the car covers more ground or greater span for it's rpms than in a lower gear, or vs a car which is geared shorter.
Yes exactly, the people that own the 6 speed know what I am talking about!!

Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
Nice vid, Im sure that subie is not stock, is that a 6MT or 5AT? The TLS does hit the brakes, it's very hard to see, look at the end. Looks like they took it to about 80 mph, from looking at the other cars. I am not promoting street racing but this car needs to be seen in person, magazine and slips don't do justice, for example the STI looks great at the track, but we know what happens after, and the opposite is true for a lot of cars.
Originally Posted by MobTownTL
hmm i think everyone does underdog the type-s ... check this type-s keeping up with a 06 sti...technically it looks like the type-s is beating it for a good bit before braking x_X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMe93_k7i8o

I just wanted to say that I do not go out looking for races, or even drive like an asshole, but once in a while after a good workout on the way home me and my friends at the gym open the cars up a little bit..... Another reason me me saying this is B/C the TL is just like any other car, all it takes is one slip up at a high speed or a low tread wear in wet roads to slip up!! When I go fast I make sure I am the only car on the road!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
Like the STI and most AWD cars, they usually have to compensate for the wieght of the AWD setup, or companies just do it minipulate acceleration #'s to assist sales. So AWD traction is a big help but they still normally lower the gearing, that's why you get the good track results, traction and gearing, and if it's a manual, you get a sick launch, but they pay a serious price from a roll and at top end speeds. To me it's like cheating, becuase faster is faster, I don't care how long or how fast it takes to determine that. FWD's can't do this, they are traction limited, but every type has it's positives and negatives. Generally, not always, AWD's are at one end of the track vs street spectrum, RWD is the middle and FWD at the other end.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Djan will be receiving a little time out for his "efforts".