Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura of Tempe - Service issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Reelect Al Gore!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura of Tempe - Service issues

Dropped off the car to get the Tint redone today along with the 3000-mile oil change. The Tint had developed the scratches that many people had been complaining about. They will, of course, take care of it for free which is nice.

I haven't had any other issues with the car so far. However, the same cannot be said for the level of service that I have received from the dealership.

I noticed that the Tint was starting to develop the flaw about 3 weeks ago and immediately called my Service Advisor and left a VM. Waited a couple of days and didn't receive a callback. So, I thought maybe she had gone on vacation and tried again. 3 days go by again and still nothing. Called and gave her one more chance to get back with me and again received no callback. So, I was left with no choice but to call the Service Manager and complain. He called me back within a couple hours and very politely apologized and scheduled a time for me to come in this morning.

Got there this morning to drop off the car and they had NO RECORD of an appointment with me and told me that I would have to schedule for a different day. I found this to be unacceptable, so I asked to talk to the Manager again. After some pushback, I managed to get the car in today with the expectation that it be done sometime this afternoon.

So, I was all set it seemed until the Service Advisor asked me if I had someone coming to pick me up since they normally don't give out loaners for 3000-mile checkups. EXCUSE ME???? After having gone through all of this trouble, you tell me I can't have a loaner for 6 hours????

Needless to say, I got the loaner after talking to the Manager again, but I wanted to share this story with anyone in the Phoenix area who is thinking about purchasing an Acura. If you buy here, you'll have to get Congress involved to get maintenance performed on your car!!!

Sincerely,

Frustrated in Phoenix ;-)
Old 05-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Pug
Team Camel, VP for Zaino

Originally Posted by Joeeder
If you buy here, you'll have to get Congress involved to get maintenance performed on your car!!!
You can still buy there (if they offer a good deal) and get the car serviced at another Acura dealer
Old 05-27-2004, 02:06 PM
Reelect Al Gore!

Originally Posted by Pug
You can still buy there (if they offer a good deal) and get the car serviced at another Acura dealer
You're absolutely right. Bummer, though, that the other two Acura Dealers in town are many miles from my home and place of employment. However, all the more chance to drive the car, I guess!!!
Old 05-27-2004, 02:28 PM
2nd Gear

I'm picking up my 04 TL today at Acura North Scottsdale. Anthracite/Camel/5AT/Navi. I am trading in a 97 CL and have been taking my car to their location for service. My service advisor is Randy Braaten. He has always taken good care of me. If the North Scottsdale location isn't too far out of the way, I would advise you to drive up from Tempe to get your service done. If you ask when you schedule an appointment I have gotten loaners for a basic oil change and he is very responsive to voice mail and great a t communicating what needs to be done. Just thought I'd pass that info along for anyone in the Phoenix area.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Reelect Al Gore!

Originally Posted by sno-man
I'm picking up my 04 TL today at Acura North Scottsdale. Anthracite/Camel/5AT/Navi. I am trading in a 97 CL and have been taking my car to their location for service. My service advisor is Randy Braaten. He has always taken good care of me. If the North Scottsdale location isn't too far out of the way, I would advise you to drive up from Tempe to get your service done. If you ask when you schedule an appointment I have gotten loaners for a basic oil change and he is very responsive to voice mail and great a t communicating what needs to be done. Just thought I'd pass that info along for anyone in the Phoenix area.
Great to know!! Thanks!
Old 05-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought a loaner car was included when you come in for service? Hmmm, guess that is wrong!
Old 05-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
3,000 mile checkup/oil change?

Originally Posted by Joeeder
Dropped off the car to get the Tint redone today along with the 3000-mile oil change.
So, I was all set it seemed until the Service Advisor asked me if I had someone coming to pick me up since they normally don't give out loaners for 3000-mile checkups.
What are these 3,000 mile oil change and 3,000 mile check-up you are talking about?

Did your MID tell you to change the oil at 3,000 miles? What is involved in the 3,000 mile checkup?

What were the charges for these services?
Old 05-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
3k oil/filter/checkup could be only his preference, I guess he doesn't intend to follow his MID info.