Acura pedals on eBay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:28 PM
EVNS TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Acura pedals on eBay?

check these out:

ebay link

you can see where he photoshopped out the acura logo and symbol from the OEM pedals. has anyone bought a set of these yet? im scared to.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
those pedals look the same as supercomputer's without logos.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:52 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I believe supercomputers sold the design to this guy... hence Supercomputers "closeout sale"...

He is now selling them without the logo, likely due to copyright reasons. i'd have preferred the no logo version frankly. I don't need an Acura emblem on every peice of the car.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
I like mine with the logo. I think it looks pretty sweet.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:28 PM
EVNS TL

Originally Posted by trancemission
I like mine with the logo. I think it looks pretty sweet.
Are logos worth $50 to ya?
Old 02-24-2008, 09:02 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
I wonder the same thing.....

Supercomputers insisted his pedals are superior......I wonder how? Because even though I think the quality of the pedals are quite good, they are quite generic, very comparable to other aftermarket pedals on Ebay.

I bought similar pedals for my BMW and Merecedes, in 2004 and 2005 respectively, and they looked so similar to the other imported asian aftermarket pedals. They also had logos on them, like they came from the same factory. Nothing bad about it, just that the prices wildly vary for the same thing.....Bought the BMW ones for $90 with dead pedal. Mercedes ones were only $60 with dead pedal.

Clearly my Acura ones were more money and I ask why? But supercomputers was selling them when nobody else was so we had no choice. Guess he had a monopoly at the time. If you see them on Ebay, I think they're the same thing if you ask me. Logos would be nice but they aren't worth $50! Just stick on some vinyl stickers with a layer of clear protection on top maybe?
Old 02-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Guys,

I just got a "dead pedal" from Ultimate Pedals.com for my Type S. It matched the accelerator and brake pedal perfectly-it turned out great!! I worked with the owner of Ultimate Pedals, who was very helpful. He even etched in the "Type S" logo in the pedal for me as well as flanged the pedal so that it overlapped on the right hand side so you don't see the existing rubber pedal underneath. It was $65 and delivered in 2 weeks. Give them a try.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:26 AM
King of NYC

ultimatepedals are of course much better than the ebay pedals but they are quite expensive, particularly if you go for the really nice models. So you paid $65 just for the dead pedal?? You're lucky, the Type-S comes with pedals and you just had to do 1 pedal. The rest of us have to do the whole set. I could find more to do on my TL with $200 than just a set of pedals. They're only worth $50 if you ask me.

They really are for looks anyways, I don't feel any added functionality. An all rubber stock pedal is grippier anyday.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:42 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Just a heads up... Type s pedals DO NOT COME WITH A LOGO

Interested in the dead pedal though with no log aswell imma check out that site and see what's up

The ebay pedals look like a great deal, don't get suckered into paying double imo
Old 02-25-2008, 06:43 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by evnash
Are logos worth $50 to ya?

I paid alot less then that
Old 02-25-2008, 09:44 AM
__B-Series-ous__

Anyone have any pics of these on there car?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:52 AM
__B-Series-ous__

Originally Posted by B16A2/EG6
Anyone have any pics of these on there car?
Never mind just found the other thread about these...
Old 02-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
I paid alot less then that
Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Intermediate

someone here will tell you , " you pay for what you get " lol
Old 02-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
$65 for a dead pedal, damn, that's expensive.

What other options do we have for TLS auto?
Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Team Owner

Guys,

Here are pics of the dead pedal from UltimatePedals.com with the "Type S" logo etched into it.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../DeadPedal.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...All3Pedals.jpg

I like the way it turned out...let me know what you think.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:23 PM
King of NYC

Yep, looks nice, no doubt.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:18 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

I dunno maybe it is the flash or the fact that your oem's are filthy... but it don't look like a match to me... the logo looks insane (although I'd put stillhere153 instead )
Old 02-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Intermediate

What do people need aluminum pedals for? Gain weight? Yeah right!
They are the perfect example of the "boy racerish" syndrom we were talking about in the TL vs TL-S thread.

Sorry guys, that's my opinion.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:34 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

lmfao... the aluminum pedals actually look nice though... I want cf pedals that look exactly like the type s pedals
Old 02-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Team Owner

The DO look nice when you see them in the car ! Sorry the pics are the best. But I think they give the accelerator and brake pedals kind of a "finished look". It just seems as though they all go together now.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Guys I wanted to Chime in to set you all straight and put this to bed.

First off we created this pattern on the Pedals so they work and are custom made for out cars. This was done over 3 years ago. You can follow my threads that long. To make a long story short there are hundreds out there with the sets we created "You all helped if you remember". They last to the test of time and they look great look at all the pictures posted by members. What you are seeing on ebay are cheap knock offs that were my rejects. The reason you seem them from time to time on ebay is when I submitt a large order my stuff is made, there are a handfull of rejects that dont make it quality wise. That is what you on ebay, the junk that I would send back for it having belmishes or beign cut wrong or splintered aluminum ect.

Josh from Exclerate is the offical distributor of these now and has all models in stock at the moment call him to place your order. He want out of his way to bring the stock in for all of you because there is still a lot of demand and I dont have the time to do it everyday anymore. The extra money for the logos is well worth it. Its a high class engraved and painted look there is nothign cheap at all about the process at all. However if some of you want to save money I can also supply Excelerate with some non logo versions at a cheaper price and match the price you are seeing on ebay for First run goods not the left over crap that I would not take.

The factory sells the scrap at a discount to help move it due to materials being so expensive these days. There is nothing I can do about it but I can let you know its a second run item so beware for the money you are saving its not worth it. Buy from Josh he can get it to you in 2 days and has all the first run stuff.

Hope that clears it all up.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Exclerate has threads going in the Black Market you can order all the models there.

They are all in stock.

First run Qualtiy Pedals if there werent there would not be hundreds of you with them.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good info, supercomputers.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:43 AM
EVNS TL

Originally Posted by Supercomputers
Guys I wanted to Chime in to set you all straight and put this to bed.

First off we created this pattern on the Pedals so they work and are custom made for out cars. This was done over 3 years ago. You can follow my threads that long. To make a long story short there are hundreds out there with the sets we created "You all helped if you remember". They last to the test of time and they look great look at all the pictures posted by members. What you are seeing on ebay are cheap knock offs that were my rejects. The reason you seem them from time to time on ebay is when I submitt a large order my stuff is made, there are a handfull of rejects that dont make it quality wise. That is what you on ebay, the junk that I would send back for it having belmishes or beign cut wrong or splintered aluminum ect.

Josh from Exclerate is the offical distributor of these now and has all models in stock at the moment call him to place your order. He want out of his way to bring the stock in for all of you because there is still a lot of demand and I dont have the time to do it everyday anymore. The extra money for the logos is well worth it. Its a high class engraved and painted look there is nothign cheap at all about the process at all. However if some of you want to save money I can also supply Excelerate with some non logo versions at a cheaper price and match the price you are seeing on ebay for First run goods not the left over crap that I would not take.

The factory sells the scrap at a discount to help move it due to materials being so expensive these days. There is nothing I can do about it but I can let you know its a second run item so beware for the money you are saving its not worth it. Buy from Josh he can get it to you in 2 days and has all the first run stuff.

Hope that clears it all up.
what would be the price on the non logo ones?
Old 02-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

I would have to speak about it with Excelerate Probally around 89-99 delviered to your door in 2 days. With first quality goods.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 AM
King of NYC

Here's the thing super, like I said, the pedals I see made for other cars out there look almost the same as yours but are much cheaper. I bought a couple sets for other cars and I can't see even 1% of a defect or blemish in them (otherwise I would send them back) and they have logos. It just seems to me that your pedals are perhaps the most expensive I've seen out of these types of pedals. You're pedals are great, don't get me wrong, but I personally think they are comparable to pedals I see (non-Acura) on Ebay. I know you are going to say that they are superior in some way, but really, how? I have a hard time believing that they are worth 250% more in price....They are made overseas afterall and $150 over there is a hell lot of loot! Lot of room for profit.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm sure he makes a pretty penny off of each sale. Probably buys each set for the equivalent of $50 or less.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think what happened was when Super put his pedals out the only competition was the Ulitmate Pedals back in the day and they were $200+. So buying these at $150 seemed like a good deal, but now that there are other options a repricing might be needed.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

We stand behind it guys 100%. It cost thousands of dollars in tooling and time,, factor that into everything with shipping from overseas to here and there is no where near the profit you all seem to think. "Espically after paypal fees and shipping and fees to acurazine to be a vendor here and costs to create directions.

I am not commenting on anybody elses pedals, Once you pay for the tooling to get the correct sizes the material is the same. Its all about the tooling cost and how difficult it is plus the time that goes in to it and the qty you want to order. If somebody is ordering 5000 and we order 100 the line setup cost is the same and it has to be factored in to the price. So as far as other makes an models go I am sure there quality is fine I never commented on them only my sets that you see out there.

I am just telling you I have a full exclusive contract with my maker on Acura models so I know what i get I also know that they cant sell to anybody else So as far as other Acura pedals you see out there they are my rejects like I said earlier and yes they were rejected for a reason.

Also not sure what you are talking about as far as price goes, The seller in question was selling non-logo rejects for 100.00 delivered to your door and I am sure they would take a few weeks to get to you.

Ours our first run goods Delviered to you in 2 days. If you want no logo pedals for the 90-100 range to save some money I will see what I can work out.

We have been selling them for 3 years with hundreds sold I am sure we are doing somehting right.

As far as what others do with other makes and models there are a lot of factors that go into it as stated above.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Also I think out pedals look better then anything that is out there for our cars. Hence whey we have over 300+ sold

Exclerate has all models instock feel free to contact him to place your order.

We will also be getting ready to design these for the new 2009 TSX and TL to keep up with the model changes they will be sold through excelerate.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I also love my pedals I recieved from you Super.........so don't get me wrong. It was either buy yours or the ebay seller at my time, but in the end I loved the way the logo looked and it was worth the premium.

At the end of the day I'm happy with my purchase
Old 02-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Lem, We started all this for you guys so I am sure you are happy we never made parts before 4 years ago LOL Also Support Exclerate who took over the project. He also for all of you decided to carry the product for you now.

All sets are in stock.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:10 PM
King of NYC

Same here man, I bought them from you too, your pedals are awesome. It's just the concerns I have noted above regarding cost and I saw it as a monopoly.

I was comparing your stuff to other non-Acura pedals of equal construction and materials by different vendors. IMO ultimatepedals is more justified in charging more because they use different construction and materials and do complete custom ordered work.

But as you said there was infrastructure needed and you needed to recoup so it makes sense.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Rocky and thanks for buying my set. You guys know I am trying to help you out anyway I can.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
I agree with all the previous posts. But what needs to come into consideration is that, the manufacturers in China/Japan are after the money.... Even though you have "sole" rights to the design they will still sell it, until they get busted and then change their name. I will admit even though I have not even installed my pedals Supercomputers and excelerate(from multiple previous purchases) will not screw you over, unlike how the ebay sellers will make you wait a LONG time (has happened to me before). They will correct what needs to be corrected. why not spend the extra money to be SECURE!!! I would like to spend an extra 20-50 just to know that the seller stands behind their product.

And I AM NOT being paid to back the produvt
Old 02-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Based on the many many happy people whom have purchased pedals from Supercomputers coupled with the fact that he is an authorized vendor on this site ( you would be supporting the site if you bought from them- hence your free membership), spending an extra $50 is worth it imho- and you get the logo.

He stands by his product (and Josh/Excelerate) and you have the security of knowing that his work will be guaranteed as opposed to an anonymous seller on ebay.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Supercomputers
I am just telling you I have a full exclusive contract with my maker on Acura models so I know what i get I also know that they cant sell to anybody else So as far as other Acura pedals you see out there they are my rejects like I said earlier and yes they were rejected for a reason.

Also not sure what you are talking about as far as price goes, The seller in question was selling non-logo rejects for 100.00 delivered to your door and I am sure they would take a few weeks to get to you.

Ours our first run goods Delviered to you in 2 days. If you want no logo pedals for the 90-100 range to save some money I will see what I can work out.
Do you personally know the seller on ebay? How do you know they are your rejects? You just offered kits at $90 with no logos so why exactly would those on ebay selling for about the same or more be of inferior quality?

Sorry but it sounds like you are just trying to explain your way to more sales.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Since there are countless threads on pedals, I am closing this thread.