Sponsored by:

Acura of Lynnwood charges me $358 for LABOR

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Acura of Lynnwood charges me $358 for LABOR

Absolutely ridiculous.
So I had my car in the shop for about a week to fix rattles and some weird engine problem that I had (stalling), and apparently somehow a RAT of some sort crawled up into the engine and chewed up something called the "knock wire". Cost me an ARM to fix it. NOT HAPPY. One of the Service Managers in the shop, who was "assigned" to my car, drove it back in forth a few times from his home to confirm blah blah blah. I'm assuming he didn't park it inside his own garage, and THIS is when the bastard must of crawled up inside. Acura of Lynnwood argues that the computer does a systems check everytime the car is turned on, BUT my check engine light came on AT LEAST 30 minutes into the drive, Saturday morning. This happened the SECOND day I got her back. First day, it was icy, so I started the car up, let it defrost, and finally when it did, brought it straight home and left it in the garage for the day. Anyone else have this same experience? Acura of Lynnwood = pulling my arm?!??!

Wire: $15
Labor: $358 + Tax

-had to take apart the intake manifold
Old 01-15-2007, 02:21 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that about the rodent, but believe it or not, them rats n' what not love our engine bays. Especially this time of year. I've had personal friends who have experienced these same issues. Doesn't make any sense to me, but I've even seen rodents jump out of an engine bay before and it scared the crap out of me! The dealership isn't pulling your arm.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
^ I think his main complaint was the cost for the labor.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Not an uncommon problem. And the labor charge is about average for this job. It's unfortunate that this happens so often and yes, Acura should so something about rodent proofing the wires.

It's in the 3G Garage

A-013: Knock sensor wire chewed by a mouse
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86162
Old 01-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same premis as this: Lady has complaint her refrigerator is not working properly and calls a repairman. He fixes the frig in about 5 minutes and the bill is $20.10 She asks why the bill is so high for 5 minutes work and requests an itemized bill. Charges: $20.10
Screw: 10 cents
Labor: $20. for knowing where to put the screw.

JC
Old 01-15-2007, 10:20 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by erick3
Absolutely ridiculous.
So I had my car in the shop for about a week to fix rattles and some weird engine problem that I had (stalling), and apparently somehow a RAT of some sort crawled up into the engine and chewed up something called the "knock wire". Cost me an ARM to fix it. NOT HAPPY. One of the Service Managers in the shop, who was "assigned" to my car, drove it back in forth a few times from his home to confirm blah blah blah. I'm assuming he didn't park it inside his own garage, and THIS is when the bastard must of crawled up inside. Acura of Lynnwood argues that the computer does a systems check everytime the car is turned on, BUT my check engine light came on AT LEAST 30 minutes into the drive, Saturday morning. This happened the SECOND day I got her back. First day, it was icy, so I started the car up, let it defrost, and finally when it did, brought it straight home and left it in the garage for the day. Anyone else have this same experience? Acura of Lynnwood = pulling my arm?!??!

Wire: $15
Labor: $358 + Tax

-had to take apart the intake manifold
Obvious your complaint is the labor cost, but are you also eluding to the fact that the rodent feast took place when the service manager took the car home and not when you had it??
I'd be ticked at that as well!!