Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura of Escondido Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura of Escondido Service

Has anyone dealt with the service department of Acura Escondido? I called today becuase I need to have my homelink looked at. I have tried everything under the sun for it to work and it just doesn't. We have two other cars with the same sort of thing in them and they work no problem. Anyways I called Aof E to get the car in for service and get a loaner and it just didn't seem very professional. They told me they don't deal with Homelink and I need to call the 800 number in the manual. I told her that I did EVERYTHING and the only thing I can think of now is that it is a faulty piece. So after all that I am just curiuos if anyone has used AofE service dept and how was it?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 PM
now with four rings

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160336
Old 06-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Advanced

Yeah I did read that but unfortunatly that is the only Acura dealership close to me where I can get my car serviced.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
You have the option to go elsewhere. Kearny Mesa Acura is about 30 min drive south from Escondido. So far they have treated me very well.

Another thread on dealers in SoCal: Thomas Acura Are A Bunch of Crooks thread
Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by datmrman
You have the option to go elsewhere. Kearny Mesa Acura is about 30 min drive south from Escondido. So far they have treated me very well.

Another thread on dealers in SoCal: Thomas Acura Are A Bunch of Crooks thread
Hoehn Acura in Carlsbad..............
Old 06-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Back after 1 Year!

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts
Bro, I use to drive from Chula Vista to Temecula to DCH Acura just for the service. They took care of any problems right away and always with a smile. I live 5 mins from Ball Acura, but half the time go service my car in Temecula and while I'm there visit some friends anyways.

From escondido its another 20 mins drive at the speed limit, but 15 if you cruise at a higher speed.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Drifting

Received 221 Likes on 181 Posts
I brought my TL to AofE and had good service for a speaker issue so they seem fine to me- that's been the only issue and my only data point so far.

The problem with Homelink issues is it could be the car or it could be an incompatibility your garage door opener or it could be that the training procedure was not followed to the letter. My guess is 90% of the issues lie with not following the training instructions.

I know when I programmed mine last year I wound up needing to hit the training button on the garage door opener. The easier (use the remote method) was not working for me.

If you're convinced it's the car, then AofE should be able to check the Homelink against a known good garage door opener- I imagine they have a test unit they can run with your car to check out your car's homelink.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Trucki!!

But see something like that is normally user error. Make sure you sit down and make sure you follow the instructions to the "T". If you tried everything, and your sure your garage door is compatible with the homlink make it clear to AofE that you called the number and they couldn't help you and they said that you might have a faulty homelink module. Haven't heard anyone in an 07 have a problem yet........if I was a betting man I would think that your garage door might not be compatible. Either way good luck
Old 06-12-2007, 11:29 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

A of E announcement!!

A of E announcement:

Due to changes and modifications of our business operations, our ebay store will be temporarily offline until 6-16-07. We are working diligently to process orders and payments received during this process. We apologize for this inconvenience but we will open for business soon!!

If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail us at acuraparts@unitedauto.com
Old 06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Advanced

Well seems like AofE service is doing a good job.

They called me today and said indeed I do have a faulty sending unit and they will be getting the new part tomorrow. I am glad that I am not going nuts and couldn't program the thing myself.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
A of E announcement:

Due to changes and modifications of our business operations, our ebay store will be temporarily offline until 6-16-07. We are working diligently to process orders and payments received during this process. We apologize for this inconvenience but we will open for business soon!!

If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail us at acuraparts@unitedauto.com

Their internet sales department is different than the service/repair department (which 07CarbonTL is asking about). They are an actual dealership so stopping sales on eBay doesn't mean that the dealership is closed in general.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:54 AM
7th Gear

Hoehn...What a Joke

I have an 06 TL, and in the last 4 months, Hoehn has totally screwed up my car. It was in for rattles, several times. They fixed some of the rattles, but did the following to my car:

- Scratched interior trim pieces
- Broke the carbon fiber trim under the shifter
- left the center console completely unbolted to the floor
- scratched the paint job on the Front right quarter panel
- scratched the paint on the right rear quarter panel
- scratched the paint inside the door
- tore the rubber seal around the rear right door
- put large gouges in the kick plate inside the right rear door
- tore the corners of my glove box
- cracked and tried to super glue one of the plastic clip housings right
behind the left rear headrest.
- and in the process of removing the rear deck, scratched the glass underneath on the painted part, and scratched up the vent that is by the rear window.

This is no joke or exaggeration. They actually did ALL this. I keep finding things wrong. Yesterday, when I went in to have the glove box replacement part installed that they tore, they told me that they weren't going to do anymore repairs because I they obviously don't meet my standards. Then the service manager told me that they gave me a "gift" by working on my car.

He actually told me that to have them work on the rattles in my car, because I bought it elsewhere, was a gift!

SAVE YOUR CAR....and do yourself a favor. Avoid Hoehn Acura.

Now I have to find someone to replace the broken and scratched up parts in the back, because they wont accept responsibility for it and fix it.