Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Dealerships in Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Dealerships in Ohio

Greetings everyone! I have been lurking around this site for about a month now, for about as long as I have been considering the TL. So, first off, thanks to everyone who provide informative posts...you have been a big help so far. I did a quick search and found no hits for Acura of Dayton and Acura of Columbus. Has anyone here had any experiences with either of these two dealerships? I test drove an A-Spec today at Acura of Dayton and was quoted 34,195 6MT w/Navi plus $5600 for A-Spec. I thought it was ok, but a little high for A-Spec. Well, I got home and had an email from Acura of Columbus offering me 6MT w/Navi for 31,800 and A-Spec for $3800. Needless to say, the Acura of Dayton prices seem high now. I guess I would just like some feedback on these two dealerships and the deals they have offered me.
Thanks again, everyone!
Old 04-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Advanced

[QUOTE= I did a quick search and found no hits for Acura of Dayton and Acura of Columbus. Has anyone here had any experiences with either of these two dealerships? I guess I would just like some feedback on these two dealerships and the deals they have offered me.
[/QUOTE]

I bought my 5at/navi at Acura of Columbus and I have to say that it was one of the most pleasant experiences I've had in purchasing a car. I had to order mine 'cause I wanted a RRP. They gave me a ball park figure for trade in and when The TL came in, they came in right in the middle. The salesperson, Scott is a no-pressure, all-round nice guy, as were others there. I think you are getting a great deal on a navi!
Old 04-05-2004, 10:38 PM
4th Gear

I bought my car at Acura of Columbus. My salesperson, Andrea was pretty good as far as car sales go. I had some problems after the sale - they never filed my paperwork and my temp tags expired. I had to go into the dealership and complain. After I went in everything was straightened out, but I was not impressed with the sales manager or the asst. sales manager. I brought the issue to their attention and they acted as if they did not care - of course this was after the sale. I did elevate to the GM and he seemed to take care of things. By the way, I drive all over Michigan and Ohio for work. I compared prices at the Detroit dealers and the Ohio dealers in Columbus, Cleveland, and Toledo. I got the best price in Columbus and had the shortest wait for my car - SSM with navi - hope this helps - happy to answer any other question about Acura of Columbus if you have them
Old 04-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Instructor

Sounds like the Columbus folks are offering you a great deal...
I would drop an email to Motorcars Acura in Bedford, OH (suburb just south of Cleveland.) Just bought my car there and they were great. They are a volume dealer and gave me a great deal, negotiated in 30 minutes. Still, I am not sure that you'll do better than the Columbus dealership ...
Old 04-06-2004, 04:22 AM
Instructor

I bought at Acura of Dayton. I'm very disappointed in the level of service and treatment I've received for problems with this car. As of now, unless things change dramatically, I won't buy another car from them. Two friends I've discussed this with have since gone to Columbia Acura in Cincinnati and have been very pleased with their deals on the car and service/treatment there.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Racer

When I bought my 2000 TL, A of Dayton was asking list.

I bought mine from Columbia Acura in Montgomery (Cincinnati). Andy Miller or Jacob Close (manager) are my guys there. I just bought a 2004 MDX from Andy (for my wife), and worked with Jacob as well.

Tell Andy that Jason Ledyard sent you.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by Tristero
Sounds like the Columbus folks are offering you a great deal...
I would drop an email to Motorcars Acura in Bedford, OH (suburb just south of Cleveland.) Just bought my car there and they were great. They are a volume dealer and gave me a great deal, negotiated in 30 minutes. Still, I am not sure that you'll do better than the Columbus dealership ...
Congrats!

Sonny, drive to Columbus. It's less than a hour's drive to get such a good deal. End of story. A-Spec for $3800....is that installed? If it is, hell, I'll drive down there to have them install on mine!
Old 04-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Advanced

Columbia ACURA in Cincinnati is my vote
Old 04-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Intermediate

Thanks everyone for the replies! I am still trying to speak with the guy who gave me the quote online. He is off for two days...go figure. I spoke with one person at the Columbus dealership and she mentioned the price was about $300 UNDER invoice. They think he may have quoted me for non-navi...but his email says otherwise. I am gonna call him later in the week and find out what's up. The good thing is this is giving me a ton of leverage at that dealership and at the other ones.
As far as the A-Spec goes, I was wondering the same thing about install. There is no mention in the e-mail about it. I guess I have to wait to find out.
Thanks also for the other recommendations on dealerships. I think I will check out Columbia Acura. As far as the one in northern Ohio, I have contacted them and they will try to be competitive but can't match Columbus' offer.
Wish me luck!
Old 04-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Instructor

That is a GREAT quote for 6MT/Navi. $1500 discount ($33695) seems to be a decent going rate for the area. I did a bit better at Columbia. Acura of Dayton wouldn't drop below $1000 off list, even when they knew they were being outdealt by Columbia. I ordered RRP/Ebony/6MT/Navi from Rod at Columbia Acura near Cincinnati, and worked with both Rod and Jacob before I placed the order. As you alluded to, about $32,100 is invoice for the 6MT/Navi, so the quote was probably a mistake unless they were making up ground for selling A-SPEC at near full price. But that quote is about $1000 less than sticker for a no Navi, and you can do much better than that since there are plenty of those to go around.

My build dates are 27 Apr - 1 May. If you talk to Rod, tell him Troy sent you.

I have to recommend Columbia Acura--after dealing with both them and Acura of Dayton, I was treated better and got a better deal at Columbia. I never did shop in Columbus or Indianapolis, however. One of the ladies who works at Columbia used to work at Acura of Dayton, but she still lives in the Dayton area and commutes every day... that says something.

Edited for clarity.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Kelnshe

I bought my car at Acura of Dayton, and Nancy Hill was my salesperson. I haven't had the opportunity to deal with their service dept. yet (I'm only had my car for a little more than a month). I got my NBP/5AT/Non-NAVI for 31100 + TTL, and it seemed pretty fair at the time. Remember, YMMV.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Instructor

I was working with Nancy also, but since I was ordering she wasn't as flexible on price. I guess Columbia had more room to maneuver on orders because of their relatively high sales volume.

On the last post I made, actually that's a pretty good deal on A-SPEC from Columbus as well. I was looking at the $5800, just got my wires crossed there.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Instructor

Does anyone have a website for acura of columbus (OH)? I tried the acura.com site and their link is dead.
Thanks
Old 04-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Intermediate

Well, I got a chance to talk to the internet sales guy today. He mistakenly quoted me a price for non-navi. However, since his email mentioned 6MT with Navi, he said he would still give me a good deal. He said he couldn't do 31,800 as he would lose money, but he did offer 32,300 but only as a build not via dealer trade. I think that this is still an awesome offer, and I am going to the dealership this Saturday to get an appraisal on my car (1997 M3 4door.) I am not sure if he would give anyone else this deal or not...I think I may have just got lucky with a typo. Anyway, I asked him about the A-Spec and he said the 3,800 is the price with installation and he is checking to make sure I could still keep the 17's for the winter (he thinks that is the case.) It looks like it may be late June/mid-July before I get it which sucks, but gives me time to save more $$ and sell my M3.
Anybody have any advice on hidden costs? I am worried that with such a good deal on the purchase price that they will try to soak me on hidden dealer fees. His original quote did say 31,800 plus tax/title. Thanks everyone!
Old 04-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Instructor

The dealership might charge you a "documents" fee. They should charge you nothing for this (as processing paper is the cost of doing business, which they are already recovering through holdback, etc.) but most do.

If it is $100 or less, I say forget it; you've got a good deal. If it is more, well, that's your call. I would call the guy again on some other pretense, get all excited about placing the order, and then ask--do you charge anythign for documents?

congrats; keep us updated on whether things go smoothly.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
That's the best deal on A-Spec I've heard yet. $3800 including install is a super deal. I will also ditto what Tristero said.