Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Carland - WORST SERVICE EVER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chinesestunna
I'm starting a new thread as the nature of the previous thread has shifted from me taking my car in for service to now my car getting curbed at the Acura Carland by their detailer and dealing with a VERY rude service manager.

Original Post

So this morning, when the service manager did not call me regarding the damages to my side skirt and rear wheel well, I gave him a ring. He was not very courteous and after hearing me tell him what has happened, told me "I'll check your car now and call you back in 10-15min" and <click>, hung up on me.

After 30 minutes, which he didn't call me back, I called again. He now told me that they are "taking care of it" and when I asked, "are you replacing my side skirts?" he replied "no, but we'll take care of it" When I inquired how they can repair the giant scratch and dented in skirt without replacing it, he rudely cut me off and told me "we'll fix it, we don't have the part anyways, if we can't make it look right, we'll order the part for you." <click> hung up on me AGAIN.

I'm beyond furious at this point with this dealership and their service as apart from the rudeness I experienced, never did the SM mention or hint at anything remotely close to an apology for what happened to me car.

I write this thread has a cautionary tale for anyone in the southeastern region, to NEVER, EVER take their car to any Carland, this has been the worst dealer service experience I've had by far. Sadly it was at an Acura dealer too, I've had other lesser "prestigious" brands which I've had far superior service from their dealers in teh past.

I'll update this thread as it develops... in the meanwhile, anyone with any suggestions on how to handle this situation?
I had the same situation here in Houston, with John Eagle Acura. I ended up selling my TL back to them.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by don5504
Also its funny when customer service is brought up especially when its considered bad. Everyone expects something when they receive said bad customer service but what about bad customers? Should the dealership get something for their time if having to deal with bad customers? Trust me the customer is not always right.

D
Also wanted to add that I am in no way saying that you were a bad customer or anything of the sort. I was just throwing in some food for thought.

D
Old 06-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by MIWolverine06
Have to give more props to Ed Voyles Acura in Atlanta. Bought my TL last October, and have had great experiences with all of their staff (sales, finance, & service).

Didn't like Carland at all when I was shopping. Jackson Acura was nice, though didn't get me the best price. Just some thoughts for those in the ATL.
Yeah Jackson Acura never is lowest priced unless you haggle a bunch. I have bought 3 there and last time got to talk to Harvey Jackson the owner, nice guy.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by pearlite TL
Jackson Acura is also paired with Sons Acura. So obviously they are good dealers~!
Harvey Jackson used to be with the Nalley dealerships, the Nalley's sold out the name years ago the Nalley sons own SONS and part ownership of Jackson, they are partnered with Harvey for Jackson, I beleive Harvey has a stake in SONs as well.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:59 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Never heard of Sons Acura until today. Did a search on their location and it looks like they had taken over the Baranco Acura location.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mn2trance
Sorry to hear about your situation over there. I hope you got what the SM said in writing. After all, anyone can claim "amnesia" when bringing up stuff that needs to be corrected.
Yep Dated and signed statement from SM to finish fixing everything mentioned on the front of the page (same piece of paper dated and signed by another employee who did the inspection with me and documented all the issues caused by them).
Old 06-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by don5504
Also wanted to add that I am in no way saying that you were a bad customer or anything of the sort. I was just throwing in some food for thought.

D
lol, I agree and completely understand - trust me, at my work I have to deal with some bad customers who you go above and beyond for and end up tossed under the bus in the end because of their screw ups. I understand what that's like but at the same time, I try to be as reasonable as possible and simply like 2 things out of the dealership experience:
1) my car returned to me the way it went in and of course whatever service we agreed upon to be performed correctly
2) courteous service

Don't think I'm asking for much here
Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chinesestunna
lol, I agree and completely understand - trust me, at my work I have to deal with some bad customers who you go above and beyond for and end up tossed under the bus in the end because of their screw ups. I understand what that's like but at the same time, I try to be as reasonable as possible and simply like 2 things out of the dealership experience:
1) my car returned to me the way it went in and of course whatever service we agreed upon to be performed correctly
2) courteous service

Don't think I'm asking for much here
That certainly isn't too much to ask for.

D