Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACS = worthless

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACS = worthless

I called ACS to discuss the stretched leather on the seat (referred as butt-prints). Firts off, it bothers me so I called. if it does not bother you that's great, let's not turn this thread into a discussion on whether it should bother us or not.

All I can say about ACS is that they are absolutely worthless. Phone tag galore and the case "manager" seemed completely uninterested in the issue. His response, talk to the dealer. My dealer is OK with replacing the cover but indicates Acura will only allow him to do it once. I wanted to know from ACS what they would do if it happened again. Their answer was pretty much we'll see.

At this point, my dealer is giving me better service than ACS. What a joke!
Old 12-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
we i do have buttprints and i hate them but i havnt called acs (is that the acura care thing?) maybe it's just a p/o off person u tlked 2...
Old 12-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Ex-Acura Service Manager

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Warranty repairs are done to correct a defect in materials & workmanship. Wear & tear is not covered, which it sounds like this is what they are considering the problem. Having said this, Acura will allow a dealer to make a repair that is technically not a warranty issue on a goodwill basis. It is considered a one-time only repair but they will still honor a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty on it.

This is pretty much why their response is "We'll see." They just can't say for sure what they will be willing to do years from now.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Banned

Once again my nice smooth soft leather couch at home has butt prints and it bothers me should I bring it back to the shop?
Old 12-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Instructor

I just got my car back from Motorcars Acura on Tuesday. I had a bunch on complaints, including the "butt print" issue. When I took the car in, the service manager, looked at it for 5 seconds, and told the advisor, "Yeah, take care of that." So they replaced both front seat covers and added a little extra padding.

The one warning he gave me was if it happens a second time, we will have to go through Acura to get it resolved. There would be nothing more than the dealership can/will do.

Hopefully the fix will work out long term. I only have 6000 miles on the car atm.

Hopefully Acura will do something widespread about it.

miiipilot
Old 12-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My car got butt prints after 2 days. In my oppinion that is a design defect. I have owned other cars with leather seats and never have seen anything like this.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by pinito
I called ACS to discuss the stretched leather on the seat (referred as butt-prints). Firts off, it bothers me so I called. if it does not bother you that's great, let's not turn this thread into a discussion on whether it should bother us or not.

All I can say about ACS is that they are absolutely worthless. Phone tag galore and the case "manager" seemed completely uninterested in the issue. His response, talk to the dealer. My dealer is OK with replacing the cover but indicates Acura will only allow him to do it once. I wanted to know from ACS what they would do if it happened again. Their answer was pretty much we'll see.

are they located in some third world country??
Old 12-20-2004, 06:48 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by NBPTLBOI
Once again my nice smooth soft leather couch at home has butt prints and it bothers me should I bring it back to the shop?
Read the post first - "First off, it bothers me so I called. if it does not bother you that's great, let's not turn this thread into a discussion on whether it should bother us or not."

Thought it was prettuy cl;ear. Doesn'ty bother you - great - don't respond to my post.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
relax pinito, don't have a
Old 12-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by tomhanx
are they located in some third world country??
no i think they are in california actually, not in some 'third world country'
Old 12-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know why so many people are bitching about leather. Some types of leather wrinkle and fall in a lot mroe than other types. Neither of my y parents' aviators have wrinkles or butt prints, even with 50k+ miles each. My leather couches at home have lots of wrinkles and butt prints, doesn't look the same way they were when new. Are you people truly that hurt about butt prints? What the hell do you do with the bigger problems in your life? I highly doubt replacing seat covers will solve anything, its the same kind of leather, and butt prints is part of that leathers nature.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr.Murdock
I don't know why so many people are bitching about leather. Some types of leather wrinkle and fall in a lot mroe than other types. Neither of my y parents' aviators have wrinkles or butt prints, even with 50k+ miles each. My leather couches at home have lots of wrinkles and butt prints, doesn't look the same way they were when new. Are you people truly that hurt about butt prints? What the hell do you do with the bigger problems in your life? I highly doubt replacing seat covers will solve anything, its the same kind of leather, and butt prints is part of that leathers nature.
Read the post first - "First off, it bothers me so I called. if it does not bother you that's great, let's not turn this thread into a discussion on whether it should bother us or not."

Thought it was prettuy clear. Doesn't bother you - great - don't respond to my post.

Old 12-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Team Anthracite Peon

Originally Posted by pinito

Sorry to hear you had the same problem with ACS that I did. I dealt with them on the whole tire issue. In the end it was the dealer, and only the dealer, that helped me get to a desirable solution. IMO, ACS is pretty much worthless from a customer's point of view.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:59 PM
Instructor

How much do you people weigh?