Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord 6MT vs Evo

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
Fixed....'cause stock Evos are 13-second cars (albeit with fairly low traps)

Current gen

Prior gen
oops, that's what i meant to say
Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by Inspired[RUS]
I guess this is your quatermile time? Not bad, but VIII EVO do it less, than 13 sec, IX, X EVOs are even faster. May be it was a\t EVO? No way to get him on m\t especialy in his crazy 3d gear. EVOs driver is just a looser.
Lol. Yes, Evo VIII-X are all 13 second cars. However, my car is also a "13 second potential" car. I have not reached it yet as my launching has been poor thus far. Either way, it was a great race and I did win in the end. Street vs. track are 2 different things

1/4 mile he would own me, AWD > FWD we all know this. It's not so hard to believe a 6MT Accord beat a "stock" Evo!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Out of curiosity, are your MAF sensors the hot wire style and do they have a screen before the wire?
On the evo 8 and 9 they have a screen

Originally Posted by Edr0e
nice! what mods are you running now to have 500+?
It is a 2.3L with a HTA35R turbo, 1000 injectors, stock ecu, stock head with HKS 272's, 65mm throttle body, Nisei IC, with Exedy twin. on a dj it put down 542whp and 517wtq.

Originally Posted by Edr0e
doesn't make sense to me at all. Even the EVO 8 vs. an 06 TL 6spd.

TL weighs 300lbs + more. It has less hp and torque (258hp/233ft lb vs. 276hp/286ft lb).

They trap about the same speed in the 1/4 mile but then the time difference is almost half a second...

good kill
The evo has a lower trap speed in comparison because it gets to the 1/4 quicker. For example The evo goes 0-100 in 13 seconds were as a tl would go 0-90 in 13 seconds. The difference is in the awd launch when done properly. (I can't tell you how many evo and sti guys can't launch and will put up mid 14's or worse all day long). On the freeway the tl would hang fairly well against an evo or sti because the awd sucks up more HP then a front or rear drive car. This is why the less powerful srt-4 and mazdaspeed 3's can take an evo or sti on a roll.

Originally Posted by Sonnick
When modded Evo's are straight BEASTS, but from the factory or very lightly modded our TL/Accord V6 can hang right with them. Needless to say he was shocked too. He might have thought I was a 4cyl though because I unbolted the driver side muffler for a little exhaust note
You are 100% correct if you are referring to straight line racing. The evo is not that fast stock from a roll.

Originally Posted by bfedorov14

the new evo is severly dissappointing.
I don't have a lot experience with either evo X or the new sti. However I think they both went away from the raw rally car nature the previous cars had. The X is heavier, slower and bigger and the sti with its hatch is less stiff, softer suspension and they both to me are just not good looking at all.

Originally Posted by MobTownTL
i researched evo's awhile back when i was interested in doing a trade for a ix but modding is ridiculous and if you think we spend alot of money on our TL's we have nothing on evo's x_X i think every mod installed eventually requires a 300-400 dollar tune for them lol but yeah if they weren't tuned then the car really wasn't producing anything spectacular

btw why are there evo/sti owners on acurazine ? xP
1st the evo is one of the cheapest cars to mod for the hp gains you get. Take a evo stock dynojet around 250 add an exhaust, down pipe, cams, cam gears and a ecu dyno tune and you will have just added about 75whp for 2k. Give me a break.

2nd not all of us have 1 car. I personally have 4 and 1 happens to be 08-tls and another happens to be a 05' evo. I really enjoy my tl for what it is (family car) and I really enjoy my evo for what it is (grin on my face car). It's hard to compare the two but if I had to sum a comparison up I would say my tl-s is just a car, where as my evo has a soul. Few cars will ever love their owner like an evo will. Sorry for the rambling just wanted to get out my opinion.

Last edited by say when; 02-24-2009 at 11:29 PM.