Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accidental race: 6MT TL vs EVO

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accidental race: 6MT TL vs EVO

Yesterday I was with one of my friends, and I see a black car with halogens on the side of me as we approach a red light... we make some small talk and before long we headed to the highway. I told him that I had a luxary car but id still give his toy car a try (in my head I was thinking it was a wrx base and figured on the highway id be ok). It was around 100 ft before the highway that I realized this thing has a mitsubishi logo on it and it was an evo.. So we line up on highway, 3 honks and go... I started in second gear and we went to 120 or so on the first run, he pulled about 2-3 cars then he stopped pulling on me and we were moving at the same speed. On the second run he let me get the jump, I started at around 5K in 2nd gear went through 3rd gear and then he was passing me so I let off. We gave each other a thumbs up and went on our way... And this is how I accidently raced an EVO hah
Old 04-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't sound like an 'accident' to me!
Lucky there was no real accident.
Find a track if you want to race before you kill someone (or yourself).
Just MHO!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by djwoody
Doesn't sound like an 'accident' to me!
Lucky there was no real accident.
Find a track if you want to race before you kill someone (or yourself).
Just MHO!
Thanks for the safety tip.. Or maybe im not 'lucky' I just did things correctly -on a nice day with good road conditions on an empty free way... But I guess thats just IMO.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:29 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Cool, it's good that both of you were friendly to each other
Old 04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahahha! thats funny...yea those EVO's are sick
Old 04-08-2009, 12:10 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
nice run!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
Nice run, lots of people will tell you, that he would of smoked you completely or that it's fact that the Evo is a 100 mph+ trap car, consistently, and the TL 6MT can only do 99mph. How could you have leveled off, that would mean you were going as fast as he was, and then could have passed, if you stayed on it, blah, blah, blah. Not only that I am sure that thing was not stock, I have only seen one ever that didn't have something done to it. The TLS does not trap much more than 100 mph, but I know it could pass it at those speeds. Thanks for risking your life to bring us this valuable information, win or lose, and if for nothing else, than self-respect.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Intermediate

I have beaten modded evo's on the highway before, not that hard considering the drivetrain loss in the evo at speed, off the line they will kill any day of the week but on the highway 70-up the TLS will pull on them. I also had some fun on an empty highway with an STI badged as a WRX and modded and we stayed pretty close till I topped at 135 and he kept truckin'
Old 04-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by COEHSP
I have beaten modded evo's on the highway before, not that hard considering the drivetrain loss in the evo at speed, off the line they will kill any day of the week but on the highway 70-up the TLS will pull on them. I also had some fun on an empty highway with an STI badged as a WRX and modded and we stayed pretty close till I topped at 135 and he kept truckin'
Hmm, not sure about this - I was under the impression that base TL 6MT is just about the same as a type S auto and I shifted just about perfect (redline every gear and didnt mis-shift at all).. But idk, maybe a type S would pull on an EVO I could be wrong...
Old 04-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
Nice run, lots of people will tell you, that he would of smoked you completely or that it's fact that the Evo is a 100 mph+ trap car, consistently, and the TL 6MT can only do 99mph. How could you have leveled off, that would mean you were going as fast as he was, and then could have passed, if you stayed on it, blah, blah, blah. Not only that I am sure that thing was not stock, I have only seen one ever that didn't have something done to it. The TLS does not trap much more than 100 mph, but I know it could pass it at those speeds. Thanks for risking your life to bring us this valuable information, win or lose, and if for nothing else, than self-respect.
Are you drunk?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Drifting

No high, want a hit. Thank you COE for telling the 1320 club about what it is like to really go fast.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 04-10-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Team Owner

No high, want a hit.
Only if it were vicotin, percocet, norco, or lortab.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Drifting

Funny that you can smoke 100lbs. of MJ and be fine, but 1 too many pills, and your toast.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:54 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

100 lbs of MJ would make me either really fat because of the eating factor or I would be passed out for days.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Team Owner

Funny that you can smoke 100lbs. of MJ and be fine, but 1 too many pills, and your toast.
Not exactly. If you're abusing, maybe, but I can't even take a whole vicotin, I have to break it in half. Don't think I'm in any danger of ODing.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Not exactly. If you're abusing, maybe, but I can't even take a whole vicotin, I have to break it in half. Don't think I'm in any danger of ODing.
Stay on topic, dumb ass.

What's with all this drug talk and shit... Get the fuck outta here.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Banned

Are you drunk?
what a dumb ass... You still hang around in the Acurazine Racing story forum?..
Old 04-20-2009, 10:16 AM
eat, sleep, NGC

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Manual Transmission
Stay on topic, dumb ass.

MT!!! long time no speak. why the hostility?? anyways hows the IS working for you? any mods yet?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Team Owner

Stay on topic, dumb ass.

I thought you got run out of here with your tail between your legs once kid. You ready to get run off again?

You make any passes down the strip or you still mag racing, fag?

In all seriousness, I'm willing to meet you any time. I still got your threats saved in PM. We can have a heart to heart in person any time sweetheart.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Team Owner

Dumbass? I have more knowlege on cars than you will ever learn. I ripped you a new one once already and you left to avoid further embarassment. Do you really want me to lay into you again? I have no problem putting you in your place again, in fact I kind of enjoy it.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,515 Posts
Sigh.

I don't know why MT just exploded in this thread haha.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Banned

I thought you got run out of here with your tail between your legs once kid. You ready to get run off again?

You make any passes down the strip or you still mag racing, fag?

In all seriousness, I'm willing to meet you any time. I still got your threats saved in PM. We can have a heart to heart in person any time sweetheart.
You continue to go off topic. I got run off??.. are you nuts?.. Apparently I hurt your butt pretty good last time I was here. You got offended and got ass hurt... This clearly explains the level of your maturity.... just like a 13 year old teenage boy. You spend way too much time here in Acurazine in "Racing Story" section. You don't have a life?

Old 04-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Banned

Dumbass? I have more knowlege on cars than you will ever learn. I ripped you a new one once already and you left to avoid further embarassment. Do you really want me to lay into you again? I have no problem putting you in your place again, in fact I kind of enjoy it.
You can't even spell embarassment... It's "embarrassment". And it's not knowlege. It's "knowledge", dumb ass. Talk about who is a dumb ass.. dumb ass.

Also you don't know much from what I can tell... you made some runs in the dragstrip and thinks he knows everything about cars. Speaking of being dumb ass, that would be you buddy. Can I call you a faggot? A fag who can't find a woman and spends all his time in Acurazine racing story threads.... oh boy.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Banned

I'm a fag.
I can see that. It also shows your level of maturity. Keep going buddy. I'm here to enjoy this. This is getting fun...

Old 04-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Banned

What are you waiting for buddy... it's been 10 minutes already. Are you hurt again, just like what happened to you before? You got your butt hurt...

Pathetic shit..

Last edited by Manual Transmission; 04-21-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Team Owner

This clearly explains the level of your maturity.... just like a 13 year old teenage boy. You spend way too much time here in Acurazine in "Racing Story" section. You don't have a life?

Remind me, what is this forum that you are posting in? Who is getting off topic?

And if you thought I was a 13 year old boy you would be asking for my phone number.

Get off my nuts fag. You follow me around like the little bitch you are.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Team Owner

Again, the offer stands. Let's back up the threats you made the last time. Get out from behind the keyboard and let's do this. If I remember right, you're somewhere in CA.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Team Owner

You can't even spell embarassment... It's "embarrassment". And it's not knowlege. It's "knowledge", dumb ass. Talk about who is a dumb ass.. dumb ass.

Also you don't know much from what I can tell... you made some runs in the dragstrip and thinks he knows everything about cars. Speaking of being dumb ass, that would be you buddy. Can I call you a faggot? A fag who can't find a woman and spends all his time in Acurazine racing story threads.... oh boy.

You got run off because you didn't know even the basics of racing and how 60' times correlate to mph and ETs. I guess the mags don't teach you everything. All you can come up with is spelling but again, no substance to back it up. Remind me, how many times have you been to the strip or track?

Last time I took it easy on you because it was obvious English is a second language for you. The gloves are off Jap boy.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
okay guys you need to lay off and stop crapping in the thread... take it to PM if you want to continue the e-fight...
Old 04-21-2009, 12:59 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Damn....this thread is full of fail! I got damn near perma banned for less than this.

Folks...this is the internet. It ISNT real life guys. Get a grip. All this bravado displayed on the internet = total lack of mind power. When it comes down to personal threats....you obviously dont have any other ideas! Use your head for thinking...not for head butting.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
okay guys you need to lay off and stop crapping in the thread... take it to PM if you want to continue the e-fight...
Uh, the thread was fine until the ignorant ass decided to interject his worthless opinion. I'll take it to PM (or the street for that matter) but you should discipline the kid that started the mess.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Damn....this thread is full of fail! I got damn near perma banned for less than this.

Folks...this is the internet. It ISNT real life guys. Get a grip. All this bravado displayed on the internet = total lack of mind power. When it comes down to personal threats....you obviously dont have any other ideas! Use your head for thinking...not for head butting.
The threats you're right about but this guy threatened me through PM a while back. I'm just letting him know the offer stands to make good on his threats.

I've been over this over and over with this guy and he doesn't have a basic comprehension of cars, racing, or life but he's not smart enough to realize that. So unfortunately a normal intelligent conversation is impossible.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:08 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
The threats you're right about but this guy threatened me through PM a while back. I'm just letting him know the offer stands to make good on his threats.

I've been over this over and over with this guy and he doesn't have a basic comprehension of cars, racing, or life but he's not smart enough to realize that. So unfortunately a normal intelligent conversation is impossible.
Then why do you bother? If he is an ass...let him make an ass of himself. Do you not feel people will recognize this? One doesnt necessarily have to put themselves in that spot also just to prove the fact. Something I learned a while back ago...just sharing the knowledge. Its like moving a 5000# boulder....why bother trying to mess with it yourself. Just move on.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Banned

You got run off because you didn't know even the basics of racing and how 60' times correlate to mph and ETs. I guess the mags don't teach you everything. All you can come up with is spelling but again, no substance to back it up. Remind me, how many times have you been to the strip or track?

Last time I took it easy on you because it was obvious English is a second language for you. The gloves are off Jap boy.
You bring up the old talk again when that has nothing to do with the topic in this thread. I can clearly see that your posts are extremely defensive. Sounds like you lost self confidence...

Old 04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Banned

Uh, the thread was fine until the ignorant ass decided to interject his worthless opinion. I'll take it to PM (or the street for that matter) but you should discipline the kid that started the mess.
It wasn't fine. You went off with asking winstrolvtec if he is drunk and then went on with drug talk.. It's not nice to treat other members this way. What the fuck is "Are you drunk?". You got an attitude? Your behavior is like fuckin' garbage.... lowest rank, lowest class ever.

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Then why do you bother? If he is an ass...let him make an ass of himself. Do you not feel people will recognize this? One doesnt necessarily have to put themselves in that spot also just to prove the fact. Something I learned a while back ago...just sharing the knowledge. Its like moving a 5000# boulder....why bother trying to mess with it yourself. Just move on.
Exactly.... he wants to play. He thinks he is a hot shot when he is not.

Remember... he is the guy who started with making ass comments over time. I'm talking way before we had arguments several months ago. He's got some issues treating other members here. Maybe he is alone. He doesn't have anybody to love him.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Closing this since you're acting like a bunch of children