Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About Ready to Buy....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About Ready to Buy....

Alright...First off have to say that I have been reading and keeping up with this car since they came out in 2004, and have seen most not all the issues on the board.

I currently own a 2003 Accord Coupe V6 Auto, and love the car. The motor is extremely smooth, great mileage. I have been less than thrilled at the little rattles here and there, but what can you do. I currently have 63K on it.

I tend to be very picky, but have as I get older lightened up some. I also have a racing background where I race cars that weight 1800 lbs, and have 1000 hp so I do like cars that are fun to drive.

There are many other cars out there, that would beat the TL, IMO, from a driving perspective, ie. S2000, but living in an area where winters can be horrible I wouldn't choose this option. Not to mention, I have seen NO car that I like the interior of that even comes close to the TL.

So after all my rambling, Sorry...I do have a few questions, and hoping to hear from anyone that has info.

1. How servere are the vibrations people have experienced?
2. Anyone driven an TL w/A-Spec in the winter? How is it?
3. Manual Transmission dislikes?
4. Can anyone compare the long term ride / fit & finish an accord?

This is alot of money for a car, and in the end I'm trying to justify that the TL is worth all the extra cash of the Accord, and not just for asthetic reasons.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 02-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Brian, welcome to the forum.

There are two major vibrations we have talked about. One is from Tyres, and another one is from driverline (exhaust or torque converter). Some cars have the serious vibration. Some cars' issues are difficut to quantify or dicuss here, they all depend on how sensitive you are and what roads or conditions you used to drive. So, it's REALLY hard to answer your first question. There are a few threads here talking about these vibrations. Do the search or check GARAGE. (I have slight vibration at 5th gear/1500 RPM, the best way I could do is to skip this range of RPM at 5th gear)

TL has wider/low-profile tires, which might give you some hard time to drive over the snow or uphills. Again, case by case, it all depends on who drives, how you drive, and where you drive. (I have no problem with my TL)

Most of 6MT TL'rs love their mannual tranny, and many of them have experienced some hard time in the beginning and spend days/weeks to get used to it and make it break-in.