3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

50 mph vibration and memory seat loss issues both soon to be addressed by Acura!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mean the ****ty option that doesn't work.
yeah.. when the hell are they going to fix it.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:03 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by acuraddict
I'm pretty friggin pissed off that Acura has still not figured out a fix for the memory seat problem. What the helll are they waiting for? Put a dammn engineer on the fukking problem and fix it.
I agree. I am amazed that they have no fix since they first found out about this last November. Not to make excuses for them, but I guess they first have to identify the issue (as an intermittent problem none of us can duplicate on command, that can be tough), then they have to work up a fix, then they have to make sure the fix causes no other issues, then, as this is likely a part, they have to retool and build enough of the part for new cars, and then they have to have enough of the part to send to a great majority of their dealers, rather than having only a few available at a time. Can't be done overnight, but it has been 3-4 months already!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Instructor

Re: 50 mph vibration and memory seat loss issues both soon to be addressed by Acura!

I have it on very good authority that both of these issues are soon to be resolved. I don't feel comfortable betraying any confidences by saying anything more, but lets just say I had a meeting with someone pretty high up from Acura Corporate in Carson today, and these issues have both been identified (you already know about the service bulletin for the memory seats).
It has been nearly two months since this thread started. Does anyone have any new information from Acura Corporate (as opposed to certain friendly dealers who will swap tires)?

-S.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
My stupid dealer just gave me another ignorant answer to my subtle tremble at 1500 RPM/5th gear. He said Acura will never fix this problem due to its dual closed-to-engine converters.

What an answer!...

I hope Acura would address this soon and give him a shock.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm pretty friggin pissed off that Acura has still not figured out a fix for the memory seat problem. What the helll are they waiting for? Put a dammn engineer on the fukking problem and fix it.
Surely you must know that it takes months to find fixes to some of these issues...and I mean months to even a year sometimes. If your original meeting was with a Honda Engineer, when you complain about something, they ALWAYS say 'that is a known problem and they are working on a fix that should be available soon'...that fix can takes months and months in most cases. They have to determine the origin of the problem, which can take a long time...if they don't find a specific origin, they have to tweak suspected origins...then once they figure this out, they have to run multiple tests, blah, blah, blah. So they aren't going to call you next week with a fix.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Racer

Re: Re: 50 mph vibration and memory seat loss issues both soon to be addressed by Acura!

Originally posted by Scott GN231
It has been nearly two months since this thread started. Does anyone have any new information from Acura Corporate (as opposed to certain friendly dealers who will swap tires)?

-S.
Nothing official from Acura, though they have agreed to reimburse me for my Pilot A/S (via my dealer)...
Old 02-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Geez....I'm glad I got the summer tires. I hope they're not a POS like the all season tires. Is summer ever comming? I dunno about you guys, but I'm sick of this winter. Here in PA...they don't know how to plow snow, all they do is dump salt and that crappy crushed stone all over the roads...and you know what that does to the beautifull paint....UGH!!!!!!.......dammm....winter sucks!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I get the distinct feeling that there is a structural cause for the vibration and that it won't be addressed until the 2005 models roll out. I still don't have vibrations, but feel for those of you who do.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Intermediate

I've had my TL for a week now (built 2/9). I've experienced the 50mph rattle but very sporatic and usually when cold. Haven't got the tire vibration because I had them replace the tires with the Pierelli PZERO NEROs before I took delivery. Haven't experienced the seat memory problem. Maybe they have addressed it on recently built TLs.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Instructor

Great News!

I just got a call from my dealer. They have a part in (controller) to fix the memory seat issue! Yeah!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Great News!

Originally posted by jgrahamiii
I just got a call from my dealer. They have a part in (controller) to fix the memory seat issue! Yeah!

Need more info... start another new thread to talk about???

Thanks...
Old 02-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: Great News!

Originally posted by rets
Need more info... start another new thread to talk about???

Thanks...
Did that already. I figured this news should not be hidden on page 10 of a long post around here since November.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Instructor

Note, I just found out that this fix may have limited availability for now. Perhaps they are still beta testing.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:26 PM
2nd Gear

Angry Vibration in my 2004 Acura TL

I've had the tires of my 2004 Acura TL replaced courtesy of Acura of America with Bridgestone EL2's. The vibration is still there, however. I've been reading the threads and everyone refers to it as "vibration"....mine feels more like a "resonating noise." The car does vibrate when cold (in the mornings) and I think that is from the tires. The resonating noise is at 1500 RPM in high gear at any speed. Worse at 55 MPH... The car currently has 2500 miles on it with only about 50 miles on the new tires. I've contacted Acura of America again. They are suppose to e-mail the service manager of my dealership and get back to me. Also, if any of you get your tires replaced, ask them not to damage your wheels in the changeover as they did mine!
Old 04-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Joeytl-two different things. The vibration at 1500 rpm in 5th gear, which is the rpm anywhere from 45-60 (check your tach if you are doubtful) will not be acknowledged by Acura. They say this is "normal" and they will not be doing anything about it. If enough of us complain, maybe we can make them change their minds.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Team Anthracite Member

My '04 TL is at dealer today for the replacement tires and Memory issue - I will let you know what the outcome is...after reading all the tire posts you know I will be checking my rims - with only 300 miles on it - they were clean and perfect when I dropped it off...anything less than that and the dealer will get :ar15:
Old 04-15-2004, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear

Cool Vibration at 55 mph or at 1500 rpm at high gear

Well, my Acura dealer replaced the damaged rims on my TL and gave me 4 new tires....however, the vibration (or resonance) is still there. I am happy that my damaged wheels have been replaced....thanks to Acura! My Acura Rep is going to call me when he gathers more information about the problem we are all experiencing....we'll see! They do appear to be trying their best to make me a satisfied customer. Also, today I got a customer satisfaction questionnaire that I have yet to fill out and send back. Have any of you had any luck? :tflamer:
Old 04-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Instructor

I have had the flatspotting (here in cold Cincy this winter) about 90% of the time I drive the car. Acura Corporate (ACS) replaced my tires for me in Mid-March but the only difference I can tell is that, when warm, the tires seem to have a bit better ride. But, when cold, they are no better than the originals. I jump on the freeway within 5 minutes of leaving my house, which exacerbates the issue. I just wrote a 1 1/2 page letter to ACS and faxed it to them (see the contact info on Owner's Link on acura.com) two days ago asking for new Michie Pilot A/S Sports FREE. We'll see what happens. No response yet, although "ED" at ACS was the one who got me the replacements last month.

My dealer has been really no help - cordial but "this is an ACS issue". I think there is a little resonance around 1500 RPMs at 50 mph, but I honestly don't think it is that big a deal. I'm way more concerned with the flatspotting and want it corrected - now.

Anyone else had luck with ACS via letter or otherwise getting anything other than the recompounded EL42s?
Old 04-15-2004, 08:32 PM
1st Gear

Fellow TL owners,
This is my first reply to this issue. I just recently joined this web group and I have to say it is a great F*#k'n relief to hear that I am not the only one having a problem with the memory function on the TL. Since October when I first bough the car I've had problems with this. It even caused a little tension between me and my girl. She thought I was deleting her seating arrangements to end her interest in driving this fine vehicle. I've taken my car to the dealer and the lame ass tech said, "Oh well you did not program the remote correctly!" I told the genius that I wasn't born yesterday and that I was educated enough to read the manual. But of course like many dealers I got the idiotic look of confusion. As if it was my fault! I too will go back and make an issue about the vibration/resonating noise coming from my wheels.