Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

400hp Turbo Integra vs. 415bhp LS6 CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up 400hp Turbo Integra vs. 415bhp LS6 CTS-V

I was getting bored at the casa so I desided to go for a cruise in Frisco. I was heading North on Preston rd when I saw what looked like a regular white integra with catback exhaust driving about 10mph over the speed limit so I sped up until I got behind him to see if he was something worth playing with.. a few minutes went by and I lost my interest in it as he didn't look like he had anything special to offer.. well that and I saw some d-bag in a GM stepside truck and loud ass pipes come roaring onto the road and weaving thru traffic so I quickly moved past the integra and into the lane behind the truck to see if he wanted to play.. sure nuff the dude in the truck got a lil more spirited in his driving so we started testing the waters a lil. I could tell this guy was all bark and no bite but I was bored so I was down for anything..I was gonna get into the left lane to get next to the dude in the truck when I checked my blind spot and seen that same white integra comming up fast.. he was close enough to were I desided to not jump into his lane as it would have been a dick move on my part. As soon as he got about 2 cars behind me all I could hear was this LOUD ASS whistle as he flew past me! I quickly dropped the dude in the truck and went after the turbo integra.. he quickly got into the left turning lane and busted a U-turn so I followed suite... a few seconds later I tried to get up next to him but as soon as I got close I heard his turbo start to spool up so I let off the gas and flickered my brights at him so he could see that I wasn't trying to do a ricer fly by.. he quickly slowed down so I got up next to him and asked him what he had? He said that he had a turbo and suporting mods pushing about 400hp.. I wasn't sure if it was 400whp or bhp but my guess is that it was bhp.. I asked him if he wanted to ride out to 121 and get a few runs, and he said he was down.. we got out to 121 and I asked him what he wanted to do but he said he was down for whatever so I offered a 45mph punch(of coarse) and he said cool.. I dropped down to 2nd at about 45mph but was having issues getting him up to my speed so I slowed to about 40mph to match his speed..

1st run 40mph I honked 3 times, got the hit and automatically pulled about 2.5 to 3 cars on him and held it thru the top of second, lost about a car shifting into 3rd at about 70mph and watched him do a slow walk with his door at my door by the time I shifted into 4th at about 95mph(hit the rev limiter for about half a second) when I lost the lead by about 1 car and watched him do a slow walk away from me putting about 2.5 to 3 cars on me by the time he shut down...

2nd run was from a dig at one of the lights on 121 service road.
I jumped out and pulled away about 4 cars until he ran past me at about 112 to 115mph and put about 2 or 3 cars on me by 120 or 125mph..

Needless to say I was very happy with this loss as he had a much lighter car with what my guess is equal power..

By the way the mods that I'm aware of in my car is just magnaflow exhaust. I'm starting to think that I may have axle or suspension work as I don't get any wheel hop and have done 3500k launches with no wheel hop or no gernaded rear diffs...
Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Racer

Hahaha... I tried to color code the race orange but I'm on my cell so I fat fingered the screen.. by the way he also said that he just got tuned last week.. wish I could have caught him pre-tune! Lol

Also he said that he's a member of (hond-atech) but I don't think they have a kills section over there... sorry had to change the name since azine keeps deleting the name... lol

Last edited by FastLS6speed; 07-22-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Nice death! 400whp in the teg would make it a monster. I'd have to assume its WHP considering he got it tuned (most likely on a dyno).

Damn that CTS-V hauls ass
Old 07-22-2010, 03:52 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Nice death.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Racer

Thanks you'll.. I was verrry happy that I was even able to give him a challenge considering the weight advantage he had on me...
Old 07-23-2010, 11:20 PM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
This was in your corvette? You are 31 years old with a Corvette and youre racing Integra's....... hmmm, interesting.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Racer

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MurkyRiversTL
This was in your corvette? You are 31 years old with a Corvette and youre racing Integra's....... hmmm, interesting.
Stop dirtying up my thread! And NO! I don't own a corvette! Is it to hard for you to believe that the cadi next to the vette was able to hang with a 400hp teg? Next time read the name of the thread..
Old 07-24-2010, 12:26 PM
COTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by FastLS6speed
Stop dirtying up my thread! And NO! I don't own a corvette! Is it to hard for you to believe that the cadi next to the vette was able to hang with a 400hp teg? Next time read the name of the thread..
My mistake, I must have been still confused by the ridiculous story.

LOL, even worse. Your racing your cadillac against an integra.

Its ok man-child, dont lose your nerve.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,515 Posts
MurkyRiversTL, hasn't your mother ever told you the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.".

Provoking him isn't helping, stop trolling.

Do us all a favor and take it to PM ..
Old 07-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Racer

Cool

Just more proof that you have no idea what your talking about.. I've got $$$ says my "cadillac" puts 2 busses on you by 100mph... you got a big mouth so why not man up lil man! Ur in cali and I have MANY friends in cali that also drives the same "cadillac" that I drive and would LOVEEE to take your money...troll

My mistake, I must have been still confused by the ridiculous story.
LOL, even worse. Your racing your cadillac against an integra.

Its ok man-child, dont lose your nerve.
Do us all a favor and go troll another thread...

Last edited by FastLS6speed; 07-24-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:20 PM
COTM Coordinator

Trolling? Im commenting on your thread. If you dont like it, go join the friendly forum, or cadillac forum, or any other forum that you may have a vehicle for.

Sorry you dont like my comments, fortunately for me there are no restrictions on having opposing views on a subject.

By the way, I never once said that I would take your cadillac or race your cadillac, once again, you are showing me how childish you really are.

Since Im doing sduch a good job at getting you all flustered, I think Ill stick around these threads
Old 07-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Racer

Talking

Thanks bro, not sure what his deal is? He started this over on the rx8 thread and desided to troll it over to mine.. if he responds to my last post then I will just ignore him.. his comments so far have been to negative for me to even listen to him anymore...

Originally Posted by TylerT
MurkyRiversTL, hasn't your mother ever told you the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.".

Provoking him isn't helping, stop trolling.

Do us all a favor and take it to PM ..
Old 07-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by princelybug
Nice death.

Hahaha....nice death? atleast its something new from you..
Old 07-24-2010, 03:28 PM
COTM Coordinator

Thanks bro, not sure what his deal is? He started this over on the rx8 thread and desided to troll it over to mine.. if he responds to my last post then I will just ignore him.. his comments so far have been to negative for me to even listen to him anymore...
Of course Im going to have negative comments. You are 31 years old and you are racing to 100+ mph on surface streets, putting many lives in danger. Its childish and irresponsible.
You may as well brag about drinking and driving.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,223 Likes on 698 Posts
Nice run Fast. Maybe you can take on the 600whp Type R that lurks DFW next.

Of course Im going to have negative comments. You are 31 years old and you are racing to 100+ mph on surface streets, putting many lives in danger. Its childish and irresponsible.
You may as well brag about drinking and driving.
If that's how you feel, then make note to never come to Dallas then because what Fast did is tame compared to what others do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djCVsgKmW5U&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k4iLCHVxQE

Last edited by Rick_TL-S; 07-24-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:58 PM
COTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S

If that's how you feel, then make note to never come to Dallas then because what Fast did is tame compared to what others do.

Yes, that is awesome, and terrible, but at least these roads are baren, the only vehicle is a semi truck with an oversized load in the slow lane. No traffic.. There are people who play Russian roulette on a daily basis, does that make it a good thing?

Give it a shot sometime, I hear its a head rush.

Last edited by MurkyRiversTL; 07-24-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Suzuka Master

I never said it was a good thing, but who are you to act all high & mighty anyways?

So, you don't street race, good for you. But, why are you even posting in this section then when 90% of it will be street racing?
Old 07-24-2010, 04:05 PM
COTM Coordinator

I never said it was a good thing, but who are you to act all high & mighty anyways?

So, you don't street race, good for you. But, why are you even posting in this section then when 90% of it will be street racing?
Cause Im bored, and I have access to all areas of the forum, and feel like expressing my views. If you dont like it, refer to my signature.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Since you edited your post.
Yes, that is awesome, and terrible, but at least these roads are baren, the only vehicle is a semi truck with an oversized load in the slow lane. No traffic.
Oh oook, so now that makes it actually somewhat better because there's no traffic even though Fast never mentioned running into traffic when he ran the Integra on 121, which ironically, is the same highway both of those videos were shot on.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:14 PM
COTM Coordinator

It doesnt make it better or safer, but since there isnt traffic on the road, the only loife being put in danger is their own. He did however mention that there was a truck and the integra on the road that he was trying to race.

Maybe not on 121.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Suzuka Master

It doesnt make it better or safer, but since there isnt traffic on the road, the only loife being put in danger is their own. He did however mention that there was a truck and the integra on the road that he was trying to race.

Maybe not on 121.
Yes, both which he was going to race, but didn't. He said he passed the truck to catch the Integra & then told him to go to 121 to race, not, "Let's race here right now".

As far as I've been reading, Fast did the same thing as the M3, Supra, GT-R, & Corvette in the videos above, yet he's somehow worse because he's 31 and racing Integras.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dallas got some fast cars
Old 07-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Racer

Hahaha... those are some sick ass vids... and yes I took the race off of the main road and took it to 121 were there was no traffic. The exact same thing I would have told the dude in the truck before the teg stole my interest... and yes my run up to 125 mph was very tame compaired to some of the high powered rides that like to run in this area! I also admit my defeats when they come and give props to the other guy when they come... ill be able to play with those big boys in about 2 or 3 years when I trade my V1 in for the V2.. something about being able to get 600bhp just by playing with the intake and tune excites me! Lol
Old 07-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Racer

You think I'm bad check out the kills section on dallasimports.net
Old 07-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just looked theirs some mean cars on there.

Last edited by FoRMuIaz; 07-24-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Suzuka Master

DI? Try DR; Home of the fastest.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Those Supras are one of my all time favorite cars. I'm running the exact same turbo, the GT 6765. Awesome turbo, great spool and a ton of top end.

Running a couple fast cars on an empty road is safer than the typical punk kid weaving in and out of rush hour at 20mph above the flow.

I'll probably never stop street racing but I'm just more picky about when, where, and who I race. Nothing wrong with it. It's been around since cars have been around. When the March Meets come to town I take my car out (not the TL) and am greeted with no less than 30 street light runs in a night. When those nights come around I always have a full tank and an extra 5 gallons of methanol ready to go. Most of these hotrod guys are in the 40-60yr age range. No wrecks ever. One of the best races ever was a Deuce Coupe with a supercharged rowdy big block 2,400lbs and 24" wide tires. This was a random stop light encounter in my father's GN which was going 10.0s back then. Never had a car been even in the same ballpark on the street but as we rolled into it I honestly could not call the winner by 130mph. It was an amazing race and a great memory. It's a ton of fun at any age as long as you know when not to do it.

To the OP, nice run, time to throw a cam in there.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Suzuka Master

You might like this IHC. Same Supra on just pump gas. Cobra is Kenne Bell S/C'd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAaE-1BFSQ4

Dude's very cool about the car as well. Car was an old auto/na/bottle car when he got it.

Last edited by Rick_TL-S; 07-25-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Racer

You might like this IHC. Same Supra on just pump gas. Cobra is Kenne Bell S/C'd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAaE-1BFSQ4

Dude's very cool about the car as well. Car was an old auto/na/bottle car when he got it.
Man would I love to have some power like that! Id proly have I hate cars attitude towards racing people too... that GN is a beast!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:42 AM
COTM Coordinator

Theres a sweet yellow supra in this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndgfH...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8xtCezEigk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TntttqboILM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGRoY...eature=related

and just for fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KPBhYvIIw4
Old 07-25-2010, 12:59 AM
Suzuka Master

You know the one thing all those people have in common? They're all retards who race in traffic & usually not very quick cars to begin with.

The cars I've posted do not & will not race in traffic. It's part of the reason why DR cars are not seen racing very often. Safety is a concern for them.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:15 AM
COTM Coordinator

So the ferarri's, lamborghini's, supra's, gt-r's, aston martin's are slow????
Old 07-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Team Owner

For every one of these so called "street racing" videos (they are not true street racing, they are idiots) you can find thousands of drunk driving and even more accidents daily from the average middle aged person just driving to the store.

I've never had a wreck, I've had a fast car since I was 17. My mother who drives a 17 second car has had a few. My father with a 9 second street car has never had a wreck. I can go down the list of friends that have never wrecked a car and honestly, the ones that know how to handle a fast car have far fewer wrecks than the average person.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
There's no point in arguing. MurkyRivers said himself that he's only here because he's bored
Old 07-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Team Owner

Oh and btw, I got handcuffed and nearly taken in for a beating a couple guys that were street racing in traffic and ran a redight nearly taking out my GF. Don't try to lump everyone in together, this is beyond ignorant. If two cars are speeding and wreck it's automatically classified as street racing. If you have a Civic weaving in and out of traffic it's automatically street racing. I did a lot or organized street racing from '95 to '05 and in those years I witnessed one wreck and the guy was new and drunk. He was turned in by us after we had a "talk" with him.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:26 AM
COTM Coordinator

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy a fast car as much as the next guy. Ive even been in my share of street races when i was younger. I lost a friend to a street racing accident and since then it put a whole new perspective on street racing.

Of course racing on unpopulated highways are going to be much safer than racing in traffic, but you cant tell me that the guys in Texas havent been stupid enough to race in traffic.

If someone urges you to race, by either revving their engine or doing ricer flybys is going to grab your attention and make you want to show what you have. Ive been there, Ive done that.

I appreciate the guys that race on desolate roads and are concerned with the safety of others on the roads. Perhaps, my previous history with street racing and losing a friend to street racing got me a bit distracted in the thread.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:27 AM
Suzuka Master

90% of the content in your videos never specified what caused the wreck. And seeing as I've noticed a few of those images from WreckedExotics, I'm fairly confident in saying that a lot of the sports cars were not street racing.

And compared to what Dallas runs, yes, they are "slow".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asm-DzeE8bU

Fast forward to 2:40. This BMW can hang with a Ford GT that's just pulley & tuned.

Last edited by Rick_TL-S; 07-25-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Team Owner

Depends on your perspective. Many of the drivers are "slow". Depending on your crowd, an 11 second Lambo could be considered slow. My car at 10.60 wasn't quick enough for my crowd so it's making another 140hp and 300lbs lighter than it did when it ran those time. 9 second street car FTW.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Team Owner

90% of the content in your videos never specified what caused the wreck. And seeing as I've noticed a few of those images from WreckedExotics, I'm fairly confident in saying that a lot of the sports cars were not street racing.
Exactly. Most of it looked like wrecked exotics, not "wrecked exotics caused by street racing". I can post a picture of where a welding truck backed into my TL in the parking lot but the cause may be classified as street racing.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Team Owner

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy a fast car as much as the next guy. Ive even been in my share of street races when i was younger. I lost a friend to a street racing accident and since then it put a whole new perspective on street racing.

Of course racing on unpopulated highways are going to be much safer than racing in traffic, but you cant tell me that the guys in Texas havent been stupid enough to race in traffic.

If someone urges you to race, by either revving their engine or doing ricer flybys is going to grab your attention and make you want to show what you have. Ive been there, Ive done that.

I appreciate the guys that race on desolate roads and are concerned with the safety of others on the roads. Perhaps, my previous history with street racing and losing a friend to street racing got me a bit distracted in the thread.
That's a little better. Our street racing was on one of about 10 farm roads with one entrance which was blocked off and a field on either side. Yes, the cars would likely flip if they skidded into the field but the only people hurt would be the people that chose to be there for racing, not an innocent family. It's all about knowing when to turn it on and when not to. I understand it's illegal because everyone thinks they have excellent judgement but very few actually do.

I'll run my GN from a light but it's a quick blast to the speed limit or a little over and back on the brakes hard. Only when the street is clear and no streets for cars to pull out. Only on a flat section of road with a minimal crown. And I learned with age that I only race older people because I had a younger guy in a Mustang stay in it long after I let off and he caught up with traffic, swerved in and out and spun. It was a lesson learned. I would never think about making a full 1/4 blast on the street. It's just a quick squirt up to the limt and that's it.

Quick Reply: 400hp Turbo Integra vs. 415bhp LS6 CTS-V