Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
This guy has 30k hids too, yo
Old 04-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Old 04-21-2012, 04:01 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Not sure why everyone is so ghey. This is honestly the most annoying forum I have ever been on...everyones hates for no god damn reason, does not even answer the damn question. If he wants 30k let him have 30k....he didn't even ask what you guys thought about 30k....he just wanted to know if the D2-5 bulb would fit his car.

I wish I knew the answer OP but I am afraid I don't know. Try to look for some D2-S 30000k bulbs, those would be a direct fit.

I think this is the same seller. Even says it will fit the TL. Get these D2S 30k http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-D2S-D2R-D...ht_2458wt_1189

I have 8000k and I see fine at night even in the rain with a tinted windshield. My foglight are having issues so I threw in some 10k I had and it looks alright. You won't blind people since you have a proper projector, output would be a nice sick blue color. You will lose output but if you live in the city or something that should not really be a problem.

Don't take it personally OP. Many of the people on this forum just talk crap for no reason, in fact SOME THAT ALWAYS HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY DONT EVEN HAVE A TL ANYMORE. Not sure why they are still here.

I laugh at all the people that hate for no reason....1. You are NOT paying for the car, 2. Its HIS car not YOUR car, 3. You wont even see the car most likely, let him do what he wants. Continue to buy $1500 worth of performance mods that will give 5 hp.

Last edited by Aretardedorange; 04-21-2012 at 04:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ninersfgiantsfan (04-21-2012)
Old 04-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Race Director

Orange, everyone has an opinion and they're going to say what they want to, regardless of you telling them to stop. If you don't like what people are saying, leave the thread or just scroll down to quick reply, post it and then close it out, nobody said you have to read everyone's comments. And if I recall correctly you didn't want a TL to begin with...

For the most part, the majority of people posted a helpful reply regarding the light output and had a comment or two to say after that. Not to mention OP seems immature (looking at his replies on this thread) and brought the hateful replies on himself. Personally 30k HID's seem stupid, as others have stated, they're not bright and hinder his seeing ability at night. Just because you have hawk vision and can see out of your tinted windshield and 8k HIDs doesn't mean he can.
The following 5 users liked this post by Undying Dreams:
bibledriver (04-22-2012), CLtotheTL32 (04-21-2012), kocyk123 (03-23-2016), Mug (04-22-2012), thisaznboi88 (04-21-2012)
Old 04-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Aretardedorange
Not sure why everyone is so ghey. This is honestly the most annoying forum I have ever been on...everyones hates for no god damn reason, does not even answer the damn question. If he wants 30k let him have 30k....he didn't even ask what you guys thought about 30k....he just wanted to know if the D2-5 bulb would fit his car.

I wish I knew the answer OP but I am afraid I don't know. Try to look for some D2-S 30000k bulbs, those would be a direct fit.

I think this is the same seller. Even says it will fit the TL. Get these D2S 30k http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-D2S-D2R-D...ht_2458wt_1189

I have 8000k and I see fine at night even in the rain with a tinted windshield. My foglight are having issues so I threw in some 10k I had and it looks alright. You won't blind people since you have a proper projector, output would be a nice sick blue color. You will lose output but if you live in the city or something that should not really be a problem.

Don't take it personally OP. Many of the people on this forum just talk crap for no reason, in fact SOME THAT ALWAYS HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY DONT EVEN HAVE A TL ANYMORE. Not sure why they are still here.

I laugh at all the people that hate for no reason....1. You are NOT paying for the car, 2. Its HIS car not YOUR car, 3. You wont even see the car most likely, let him do what he wants. Continue to buy $1500 worth of performance mods that will give 5 hp.
This is an open forum on the internet, everybody is stating the facts. A fact, for example, my factory 4300k bulbs give me better visibility than your 8000k + tinted windshield, this is a fact, you can't argue this. We're simply trying to inform the OP of this just in case he didn't he didn't know this. Now if he still chooses to put in the 30k bulbs he will make it with the knowing his light output will not be as good as stock.
The following 2 users liked this post by VanyDotK:
ninersfgiantsfan (04-21-2012), thisaznboi88 (04-21-2012)
Old 04-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
No reason? He loses over half of the light output. HE can't see good enough at night and on top of that, it SEVERELY blinds other drivers. I could care less how tacky others want to be but when it becomes a safety issue, people are going to talk shit. Calling it hating does not change the fact that it's retarded and illegal.

No, he will blind people. Proper lens or not, the cutoff is different and the light will most definitely blind people very badly. It's not just a little, it's bad enough that you have to look away or down at the floor when someone with these lights are coming at you. The "sick blue color" is for people trying to fake the HID look with halogens. Somehow it carried over to actual HIDs. Now it's a sign of people who know nothing about cars. I don't think 30k even exist but if they do, they're likely to be outside of the human sight range.

No reason??? 1. Irrelevant. 2. Irrelevant, goes along with #1. 3. At least $1,500 in performance mods gives a gain. These lights hurt performance, you're going in the wrong direction and paying money to do so. Who in their right mind pays money to reduce performance and make it look like your lights are burned out. This is exactly what my stock lights looked like as they were burning out except they didn't blind people. I laugh when I see people label good advice as "hating" in order to discredit the people that actually know what they're talking about.

Last, none of this is aimed at the OP, just the guy that decided to get on his soapbox.
The following 2 users liked this post by I hate cars:
Mug (04-22-2012), VanyDotK (04-21-2012)
Old 04-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 97 Posts

We're not hating. Just because we're telling the OP something he doesn't want to hear doesn't mean we're hating. We're simply trying to educate the OP on why replacing his stock HID bulbs with 30,000k ones is a terrible idea. There's a difference.

Hating would look something like this: "Fuk 30,000k man, that shit is mad gay yo you need like nuthin over 10k".

What we were actually doing was providing constructive feedback by outlining the well known negative attributes of high kelvin HID bulbs versus the vastly superior stock color temp ones. We were also outlining the legality concerns, as 30,000k is definitely illegal (headlights are only permitted to project white or yellow light, and 30,000k would be nowhere near white or yellow).

If the OP wants to put 30,000k bulbs in his lights then so be it. However, there's nothing wrong with us warning the OP that they will be illegal, poor quality, possibly run too hot, possibly blind/annoy other drivers and will have terrible light quality compared to the stock bulbs.

Last edited by splew; 04-21-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:02 PM

Received 9,507 Likes on 6,176 Posts
kocyk123 (03-23-2016)
Old 04-21-2012, 08:21 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
I second it. I never said anything negative to the OP. I just threw in some simple facts about the stock bulbs vs the highly acclaimed Osrams CBIs. I'm sure he'll like those better. Besides color is more defined depending on headlight design i.e. shield, cutoff, lens etc. I've seen many TSX's and TL's and love how the light looks crisp and simple with the hint of blue.
ninersfgiantsfan (04-21-2012)
Old 04-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha...

You guys are funny...no one on here can affend me. But thanks orange. It is dumb to talk shit on here. It's like being a tough guy on the phone. It's pointless and immature and proves nothing. And yes people are entitled to their opinion and gonna take usless shots at others, but no one on here is entitled to judge or insult someone else because they aren't like them LOL. Just saying homies...I personally think that TL on those 20's looks offensive on the post below but I'm not gonna go outta my way to insult the dude because thats him and if he thinks it looks good then cool. Thanks for the advice Acura dude on the other bulbs. I'll check into those.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
were not trying to talk smack about the OP. We are just stating facts and then giving our opinion. Weather or not he wants to take it is his choice.

But seriously if you want good output + color spring for the osram CBI 185 for a pair but they last 5-7 years... Just thing of all the time you will have replace the ebay bulbs. Money is not an issue it's going to be the time you take out of life to replace a stupid bulb.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Race Director

Waiting for the lock now
Old 04-21-2012, 11:38 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
While I understand people were trying to help, I find if something doesn't suit the majority of the people here, they all post negative comments and start bashing the OP. Happens all the time in the photograph gallery, "bro take those stickers off", "dude whats up with the overlays", "rice those wheels are rice".

I find the moderator Steven Bell is the nicest guy on the forum, he might not like something you did or are going to do, but he will always stay positive no matter what. More people need to do that.

BTW- IHC, Acura_Dude, CLtotheTL32, my comments weren't directed to you. IHC you provide the most help on these forums with all your suggestions, reviews and advice. I wasn't saying anything towards you.

Just other members.... you will see the guys I am talking about in this thread, doing the same thing in the photograph gallery. I mean I understand you might not look those stickers, overlays, wheels, lights but you can simply skip the post or not say anything at all. I am sure we have all heard the phrase "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

GIFS, pictures aren't really necessary.

That is all.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Burning Brakes

While I do find adding stickers to a car is rice, I also know it's an opinion. But when it comes to the headlight bulb discussion facts are facts, anything above 5000k will lose lumen (there are one or two exceptions to this rule but I'm not going to get into it).

That's the point we're trying to make here, OP, most of us here aren't trying to be dicks or insult you in anyway, but really just trying to help. Buying cheap bulbs to put into your expensive headlights is just not a good idea, they could overheat and burn the chrome inside your projector bowls which will cause hotspots. You WILL lose visibility with those bulbs you linked us to.

It's not about being nice or not, it's just facts. Of course, you do what you want with this information, but now you're well informed. BTW, I see that you're from Modesto, CHP in the Stockton office know how to spot aftermarket bulbs and whatnot pretty well down there, I'd be careful.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:41 AM
baller on a budget, b!tch

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

thisaznboi88 (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 03:04 AM
Intermediate

Thanks Vany but 2 of my buddies are CHP around here and I don't worry too much about it. They give me a hard time about my Honda/Acura obsession, but they're cool and hook me up
Old 04-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Something is missing...my

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unfortunately, nobody is really focused on whether or not you'll get a ticket (primarily) but on the safety imparement. When I pass (going the same direction) other cars with 12000k bulbs I freak out that they can even see. My first car with round sealed beam headlights put more light on the road that these examples. I think it is rice, but I didn't say anyhting about that, just the facts and that you should be modding your lighting to INCREASE output if anyhting!

I have plenty of LEO friends, and using them as an excuse for unsafe/illegal behavior is NOT how it should work.
ninersfgiantsfan (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
<---- 6000K is my highest point of blue
Old 04-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ninersfgiantsfan
Thanks Vany but 2 of my buddies are CHP around here and I don't worry too much about it. They give me a hard time about my Honda/Acura obsession, but they're cool and hook me up
My best friend is CHP and I know most of the local ones but I wouldn't brag on the internet about them hooking me up. They're a bunch of good guys and you don't want to get them in trouble. There's the local PD to deal with as well, CHP can't help you there. I don't know about Modesto but CHP and BPD got in a pissing contest which lasted a few years and they were ticketing each other and each others' wives and family all the time. Chances are local PD are going to give you a ticket no matter who you know.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 97 Posts
You guys are funny...no one on here can affend me. But thanks orange. It is dumb to talk shit on here. It's like being a tough guy on the phone. It's pointless and immature and proves nothing. And yes people are entitled to their opinion and gonna take usless shots at others, but no one on here is entitled to judge or insult someone else because they aren't like them LOL. Just saying homies...I personally think that TL on those 20's looks offensive on the post below but I'm not gonna go outta my way to insult the dude because thats him and if he thinks it looks good then cool. Thanks for the advice Acura dude on the other bulbs. I'll check into those.
Are you serious? Do you not realize that were just trying to help you by telling you why you shouldn't buy a terrible product that is a waste of money?

None of our posts were "talking shit" or meant as insults (well at least mine weren't). Those of us who know a thing or two about lighting were just trying to explain to you why high kelvin bulbs (like 30,000k) are terrible. All the things we said about drastically reduced light output, reduced bad weather visibility, increased eye fatigue, illegality, ect. are all well documented facts, not just our personal opinions.

If you don't want to accept our help or take our advice, then so be it. Go buy some 30,000k bulbs, and enjoy finding out for yourself that everything we told you was true.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Intermediate

Lol who cares IHC...cops do that for their buddies all the time. Big deal....don't act so surprised haha. It's not bragging. And I'm sure MPD will but they'll just sign it off lol. Any other condescending advice? Haha. And Splew I never said you were talking shit so chillax homie. I didn't see any "shit talking" from you. Your right in the end I/ME WILL choose to accept your advice or not and leave it at that but some peeps wanna get butthurt and knock whoever ain't like them. That's not me. I'm not on here asking ?'s to piss people off or affend them or discust them lol. Just asking for useful advice not destructive criticism. I'm not mad on anyone on here or affended. I'm glad to see dudes and/or chicks on here passionate about their cars like I am. Have a good weekend fellas...
Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM
David_Dude

Give me a few mins an I'll post some of the links to other threads of members with the Osrams.

I find the moderator Steven Bell is the nicest guy on the forum, he might not like something you did or are going to do, but he will always stay positive no matter what. More people need to do that.

BTW- IHC, Acura_Dude, CLtotheTL32, my comments weren't directed to you.
Good deal! I also agree about Steven Bell.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:37 PM
David_Dude

Here's some links. They'll give you an ideal.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=714397&page=3 (i believe this one may help you the most)

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...sram+66240+cbi (you can skim thru this one...it's like 180+ pgs)

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/osram-66240-cbi-5000k-bulbs-814247/ (this one explains the Osrams)

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/04-tl-headlights-not-very-bright-830944/ (this one explains color-shifting and you can see how the Philip bulbs look)

Remember the first link that actually shows the bulbs in action, keep in mind that Nate actually retrofited ZKW-R lenses and did some more work to his headlights and fogs.

Last edited by Acura_Dude; 04-22-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Team Owner

Lol who cares IHC...cops do that for their buddies all the time. Big deal....don't act so surprised haha. It's not bragging. And I'm sure MPD will but they'll just sign it off lol. Any other condescending advice? Haha. And Splew I never said you were talking shit so chillax homie. I didn't see any "shit talking" from you. Your right in the end I/ME WILL choose to accept your advice or not and leave it at that but some peeps wanna get butthurt and knock whoever ain't like them. That's not me. I'm not on here asking ?'s to piss people off or affend them or discust them lol. Just asking for useful advice not destructive criticism. I'm not mad on anyone on here or affended. I'm glad to see dudes and/or chicks on here passionate about their cars like I am. Have a good weekend fellas...
That post wasn't meant to be condescending and you're the only one that mentioned bragging. I know how the system works, I just don't go around talking about it on the internet. Imagine one of your friends "helps you out" and then you're involved in an accident and they dig up you saying your CHP friends will sign off tickets or not bust you in the first place. They regularly research the internet depending on cause or how big of a deal it is.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm sorry, this is unrelated but it's killing me, you know it's offend and offended, right? You're just using slang or something, right? I hope.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 241 Posts
It seems like no one here knows whether or not D25 and D2S are interchangeable.

Just click on the ebay link aretardedorange suggested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-D2S-D2R-D...ht_2458wt_1189

No need to worry about D25/D2S bulbs anymore since the link above is for D2S bulbs. I don't see a reason for this thread to continue. Let OP buy his bulbs and let's call it a day.
Aretardedorange (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Burning Brakes

D2S bulbs are for projector headlights, D2R are for HID reflector housing headlights.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VanyDotK
I'm sorry, this is unrelated but it's killing me, you know it's offend and offended, right? You're just using slang or something, right? I hope.
Hey, I got your text. Sorry I've been working non stop for way too many days in a row (paying my sister's rent through her divorce). We need to get those switches done soon. I should have Friday through Sunday off, I'll know for sure tomorrow. Off topic but I think this thread is done anyway.

Niners, no hard feelings. We probably know some of the same CHP lol.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Something is missing...my

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bibledriver
. . . the reason they are called D2-5 is because they are likely not a D2-R or a D2-S. The baseplate of the bulb has both cutouts so that it will fit into either setup.

I bought some aftermarkets a few years back and they didn't last long, they were called D2-C, which is just a way to have a name for it, as they had the cutouts for both mounting housings, making it work for either/both. This made it easy and less expensive to produce. That is why I posted the above quote. I am not certain, but I believe it is the same kind of deal.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Hey, I got your text. Sorry I've been working non stop for way too many days in a row (paying my sister's rent through her divorce). We need to get those switches done soon. I should have Friday through Sunday off, I'll know for sure tomorrow. Off topic but I think this thread is done anyway.

Niners, no hard feelings. We probably know some of the same CHP lol.
Friday is good for me if it's good for you, just let me know. I PM'd you my number, too.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VanyDotK
Friday is good for me if it's good for you, just let me know. I PM'd you my number, too.
That shows how incredibly tired I am. Got your PM lol. I'll let you know asap.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:35 PM
UA6
Safety Car

Received 700 Likes on 438 Posts
Old 04-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Intermediate

No hard feelers IHC at all if I was at all affended (4 u Vany lol) I wouldn't respond anymore. I'm starting a new thread which I'm sure has been discussed before but I just noticed it. Hope to see your guys thoughts on there...thanks homies...
Old 03-22-2016, 10:04 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30,000k being pink

I saw a vid on youtube of a guy driving his car with 30,000 k hid headlights and they were a deep rich blue, how does it turn out to be pink?
Old 03-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,737 Likes on 6,740 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon Miller
I saw a vid on youtube of a guy driving his car with 30,000 k hid headlights and they were a deep rich blue, how does it turn out to be pink?
Because it's really not 30000K color temperature and just stupid shitty marketing from some crap ass Chinese company to trick the ricers into buying their crappy bulbs

Old 03-22-2016, 10:08 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've got a point and it's hard to be able to find the real deal stuff out there and get to see it in action before you buy it and go through the work of putting them in. I will continue to do some research before I but a hid conversion kit for 07 ford f150
Old 03-22-2016, 11:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88
wtf is 30000k? black light? Your going to have one helluva time driving in the rain with those bulbs.

Will you ever, I had a blue /white bulb in my Passat and the first night rain I took them out. City driving wasn't bad but highway driving there was zero light.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:09 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Will you ever, I had a blue /white bulb in my Passat and the first night rain I took them out. City driving wasn't bad but highway driving there was zero light.
?!?! bumping a 4 year old thread?
Old 03-23-2016, 09:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88
?!?! bumping a 4 year old thread?
I didn't bump it .. scroll up ..
Old 03-23-2016, 09:54 AM

Received 9,507 Likes on 6,176 Posts

Quick Reply: 30000K HID Brilliant Blue