Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Acura TL w/ Navigation System For Invoice

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin 36
I think it must be Florida, last months I went to the Lexus Dealer to look at the IS350 for my wife asking them to sell it for $1000 above invoice and the saleman look at me like I'm crazy Mofo, so I left and they never call back and 3 other dealer I have talk on the phone with don't wanna deal with me because my price are too far with their price to sell, and I have 4 lexus dealer within a 60 miles radius. I think people down here are willing to pay toward MSRP price and not the othe way around that's why they don't care .
It must be Florida. In a 50 mile radius around Orlando you might have three to four Acura dealerships. I'm sure in NJ (SLICK might know) or California in that same 50 mile radius there a lot more Acura dealerships.

It just frustrates me that 07's are selling for near-invoice in places that traditionally have higher prices than Florida, especially California; no offence intended. Competition is great for the buyer. I figured I could compete the two dealers in Orlando, but I sometimes think their working together.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Slicker Than Your Average

Originally Posted by rocketguy
It must be Florida. In a 50 mile radius around Orlando you might have three to four Acura dealerships. I'm sure in NJ (SLICK might know) or California in that same 50 mile radius there a lot more Acura dealerships.

It just frustrates me that 07's are selling for near-invoice in places that traditionally have higher prices than Florida, especially California; no offence intended. Competition is great for the buyer. I figured I could compete the two dealers in Orlando, but I sometimes think their working together.
There are 16 Acura dealerships within 30 miles from me (NJ).
Old 12-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's part of the problem here as well. Not as many dealerships in a 50 mile radius. There's probably 60+ miles between auburn and nashua. 30 miles between auburn and framingham. and 50 miles between auburn and boston. Last, 20+ miles between framingham and boston. There's also one in peabody that is likely 60+ miles between it and auburn... they're just so spread out.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:37 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by reisb
I just wanted to thank Acurazine and especially SLICK.

I purchased my 07 TL w/Navi WDP today.
Got it in SC for $200 over your deal. At first they said that deal was crazy. Invoice + Dest. + $200 (which about equalled gas back from Jersey where I'll be for Christmas next week) and they also threw in Wheel locks, trunk tray, and all season mats. I could have fought for $100 or $200 off, but felt good enough. Thanks for all your help. Can't wait to start learning all the navi, voice commands, and bluetooth features.
I am also in SC and intend to buy a 2007 TL soon. Where in SC did you buy your car? Any contact info would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Handruin
That's part of the problem here as well. Not as many dealerships in a 50 mile radius. There's probably 60+ miles between auburn and nashua. 30 miles between auburn and framingham. and 50 miles between auburn and boston. Last, 20+ miles between framingham and boston. There's also one in peabody that is likely 60+ miles between it and auburn... they're just so spread out.
I wouldn't agree that is the problem. The next closest Acura dealer in SC is 110 miles away (2 hours). I just went in there with my homework done and everything on paper. After a few visits from the sales guy to the GM, we had a deal.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bruno204
I am also in SC and intend to buy a 2007 TL soon. Where in SC did you buy your car? Any contact info would be helpful. Thanks.
Send me a PM where you are located and I'll see if I can help when you are ready to purchase.

Like SLICK, we don't want to post tons of dealer contact info online....unless it's that crazy deal that was posted for around $31k, which ended up being a "typo" gimmick to get consumer in the door.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Masshole

Originally Posted by reisb
I wouldn't agree that is the problem. The next closest Acura dealer in SC is 110 miles away (2 hours). I just went in there with my homework done and everything on paper. After a few visits from the sales guy to the GM, we had a deal.
I can't say I had it "all" on paper, but I certainly had all the information in brain during the discussion. I was not able to get e-mail to work in my advantage because only one dealer would e-mail me back and the price was mediocre. He woudn't even mail me back a second time and the information he gave me was false. he told me they had the car available and when I went in to drive it, they told me they hadn't even received a 6 speed yet. So he essentially lied. Everyone else ignored the e-mails which was really frustrating.

I really think it has to do with the sales in your area. If they need to make numbers before the end of the month, they'll be more willing to let the car go at invoice. If the type S is selling well at sticker or the quantity is very low...why would they drop the price that low if they don't need to?

If I'm going about things the wrong way, what is your suggestion?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:30 PM
5th Gear

I am shopping for a TL AT with Nav in N. California now. I emailed about 12 dealers around this area and only 7 responded and the price vary between 33790 to 35300. The pricing really depend on the number of dealers in your immediate area and how desirable the particular model in your area. The deal that one can get in one area is not transferrable to another area. The only way to find out is to send out emails (or calls if you like personal contact more) to every dealers around you. And if you still don't like the price then it may be time to go out of your area and think about getting it in LA or someplace that has a lot of competition and drive the car home. There is really no magic in shopping. Hard work will pay off.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by S L I C K
Deal Breakdown

Vehicle: 2007 Acura TL w/ Navigation System
Price: Invoice ($32,953) Plus Destination ($670)
Accessories: FREE All-Season Floor Mats, Wheel Locks, and Trunk Tray
I got mine 07 TL, NO NAVI, $31,953. Lot's(!) of hassle with sales guy, went all the way to the owner... hate it! As I can see they all overstocked with 06's.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
which dealer??? the few that i went to only had either 1 or even none of their 06's left... but their 07's were still being offered to me at invoice... i paid $31,347 for for TL non nav...
Old 12-21-2006, 07:38 AM
GreggRob

Originally Posted by topgun04
I am shopping for a TL AT with Nav in N. California now. I emailed about 12 dealers around this area and only 7 responded and the price vary between 33790 to 35300. The pricing really depend on the number of dealers in your immediate area and how desirable the particular model in your area. The deal that one can get in one area is not transferrable to another area. The only way to find out is to send out emails (or calls if you like personal contact more) to every dealers around you. And if you still don't like the price then it may be time to go out of your area and think about getting it in LA or someplace that has a lot of competition and drive the car home. There is really no magic in shopping. Hard work will pay off.
I live in Santa Rosa CA. Just bought my 07' Acura TL with Nav, for 34600 at Marin Acura. I also paid 1515 for an 8 year/ 120K warranty. I bought an 06' TL from Prestige Acura, but it was totaled two weeks ago. I DO NOT recommend you buy a car from Prestige Acura in Santa Rosa. I had too many unpleasant things come up when shopping them again and when I tried to get my warranty money back. Won't bore you with the details but, just don't go to Prestige of Santa Rosa. Go to Marin Acura. Ask for Price, that's his name. He's the internet sales guy. Very pleasant to talk to and up front with you. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
which dealer??? the few that i went to only had either 1 or even none of their 06's left... but their 07's were still being offered to me at invoice... i paid $31,347 for for TL non nav...
I'm from MA. Dealer tried to push me for 06 many times (2 weeks ago) for around $29K, even test drive offered on 06 Demo at first, however I refused and have to demo SOLD 07 TL. There was MANY new 06 TLs on the lot (around 15), but only 3 07 TL, just one TL-S. As I can see things changed for last 2 weeks, however still 12 06 left.

http://www.herbconnollyacura.com/en_US/
Old 12-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Masshole

Herb Connolly in MA lied to me in e-mail and told me they had a 2007 TL Type S 6MT available so I went down to test drive. When I got there to drive it, the guy told me they have yet to receive a manual transmission...I wasn't too happy. They had a Type S in the show room (blue) that was an auto.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:40 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by GreggRob
I live in Santa Rosa CA. Just bought my 07' Acura TL with Nav, for 34600 at Marin Acura. I also paid 1515 for an 8 year/ 120K warranty. I bought an 06' TL from Prestige Acura, but it was totaled two weeks ago. I DO NOT recommend you buy a car from Prestige Acura in Santa Rosa. I had too many unpleasant things come up when shopping them again and when I tried to get my warranty money back. Won't bore you with the details but, just don't go to Prestige of Santa Rosa. Go to Marin Acura. Ask for Price, that's his name. He's the internet sales guy. Very pleasant to talk to and up front with you. Good luck.
Are you talking about trying to get "extended warranty" monies back after your wreck? How does that work if it's totaled before the extended period even starts? Does Acura corporate give you a credit or are you just "outta luck" unless the next dealer will extend some type of discount? We don't need ALL the details but a 50K-foot level flyover might be nice. Thanks in advance
Old 12-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Slicker Than Your Average

When you calculate the tax on a vehicle, do you include the destination charge before you calculate the tax (i.e. (vehicle price + destination charge) * tax rate) or do you add the destination charge after you calculate the tax (i.e. (vehicle price * tax rate) + destination charge)?
Old 12-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Senior Moderator

destination goes into the price before tax is calculated...

so it is car+destination=new car....

then add tax... and then add fees after the taxes are in...
Old 12-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Handruin
Herb Connolly in MA lied to me in e-mail and told me they had a 2007 TL Type S 6MT available so I went down to test drive. When I got there to drive it, the guy told me they have yet to receive a manual transmission...I wasn't too happy. They had a Type S in the show room (blue) that was an auto.

I got my '06 TL from Herb Connolly back in August. The guy I used was straight forward on the internet and gave me a good deal. He didn't jerk me around like the other dealerships in the area. They all wanted me to come down to discuss it.
You might also want to try North Hampton, NH. They are near Hampton Beach. I bought my '07 MDX from there. Very good experience. Speak to Jim in Sales.

The acura dealership in Nashua didn't impress me at all. Especially their service dept.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Instructor

When you calculate the tax on a vehicle, do you include the destination charge before you calculate the tax (i.e. (vehicle price + destination charge) * tax rate) or do you add the destination charge after you calculate the tax (i.e. (vehicle price * tax rate) + destination charge)?
S L I C K...I'm supposed to take delivery of my '07 on the 26-27th but you all have me re-thinking. The dealer have me over a barrel. The closest dealer is 1 1/2 hours away. I'm paying MSRP ($36, 795)...BUT...they are putting the difference ($3195) to invoice ($33, 600) back into my trade, a '06 non Navi ($28, 678). Basically I'm giving up my '06 for $25, 400 to get the 07 at invoice. I bought the '06 at invoice in May. The dealer doesn't have the color I wanted so they are getting one from Houston. I should have waited in May to get the '07.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by jmaikamon
S L I C K...I'm supposed to take delivery of my '07 on the 26-27th but you all have me re-thinking. The dealer have me over a barrel. The closest dealer is 1 1/2 hours away. I'm paying MSRP ($36, 795)...BUT...they are putting the difference ($3195) to invoice ($33, 600) back into my trade, a '06 non Navi ($28, 678). Basically I'm giving up my '06 for $25, 400 to get the 07 at invoice. I bought the '06 at invoice in May. The dealer doesn't have the color I wanted so they are getting one from Houston. I should have waited in May to get the '07.
where do you live??? as many of the other members have pointed out in this thread, usually living in an area where there is less competition, the dealer is less flexible with price...
Old 12-23-2006, 11:47 PM
Instructor

I live (stationed) in Louisiana near rhe Texas border. I definitely realize that its a combination of the lack of competition and the abundance of '06s on the lots. I WILL take delivery of the 07 in a few days. The deal isn't as good as I would like but....oh well.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:55 PM
07 TLer

finally~I'll pick up my 07 TL w/navi tomorrow, only one thing upset me the most is---they don't have my color, and i can only pick the color that's instock~that really sucks, but hey, i still got a good deal (not the 31K crazy deal~) I got 35k OTD include rear wind spoiler, trunk tray, wheel lock, splash guard and all the doc fee. the price for the car only is about 500 over invoice. anyway, can't get them below invoice, maybe there is low competition in the area (only 3 dealers)~
Old 12-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Cruisin'

If anyone is in the area there are quite a few dealers in the norther VA and MD area that will sell 07 TL's for invoice. I just paid $31250 for an 07 TL w/ no Nav from Radley Acura. Pohanka Acura actually offered $400 under invoice but didnt have the car that I wanted and would only do it on an in-stock unit. I used to be in the car business and even though dealers main concern is to make money, there are other ways to do it besides making a big hit on you. A lot of volume dealers just want to move units b/c they are paid factory retro money.
Scott
Old 12-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by joey13fsu
Hey, I am a newbie and I am planning on buying an 07 tl w/navi at the end of the month/year, maybe on my birthday (the 30th). Do you think I would be able to get that deal (invoice+dest.) in Atlanta? thanks.

I'm also in Atlanta and I'm in the market for the 07 tl w/ navi. best price i got was 33K with destination and with pro pack. TT&L still needs to be added on that price. Let me know how your shopping goes tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I was offered a 2007 Acura TL w/ Navigation System for invoice. Is that a good deal or will I be able to go lower? The car's for my uncle and he won't be buying until towards the end of December so I was just wondering if anyone has gotten their 2007 Acura TL w/ Navigation System for lower than invoice because I still have time to deal.
I got 07 TL Navi with deck lid spoiler for $33,940
Old 12-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by DBase
I'm also in Atlanta and I'm in the market for the 07 tl w/ navi. best price i got was 33K with destination and with pro pack. TT&L still needs to be added on that price. Let me know how your shopping goes tomorrow.
That's [retty good, I got mine $33,940 with deck lid spolier at Jackson Acura in Alpharetta. New dealership and they were dead so I think ther were eager to sell, even gave me more for my trade than Carmax quoted. They were great, who quoted you $33k for 067 Navi?
Old 12-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KeithL
That's [retty good, I got mine $33,940 with deck lid spolier at Jackson Acura in Alpharetta. New dealership and they were dead so I think ther were eager to sell, even gave me more for my trade than Carmax quoted. They were great, who quoted you $33k for 067 Navi?

AcuraCarland up in Duluth
Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by UM Canes
If anyone is in the area there are quite a few dealers in the norther VA and MD area that will sell 07 TL's for invoice. I just paid $31250 for an 07 TL w/ no Nav from Radley Acura. Pohanka Acura actually offered $400 under invoice but didnt have the car that I wanted and would only do it on an in-stock unit. I used to be in the car business and even though dealers main concern is to make money, there are other ways to do it besides making a big hit on you. A lot of volume dealers just want to move units b/c they are paid factory retro money.
Scott
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if they are doing invoice for the Navi or the Type S?

I wasn't thinking about upgrading my 2005 TL at all, but got an email from Radley (where I bought my 2005) saying that they are trying to upgrade 2004/2005 TL owners to 2007. Their example trade is this:

Here are a couple of examples:
Kelley Blue Book value for a 2004 TL-Navi is $20,595.00
Radley Acura will pay you $22,880.00 if you trade it in!
--That's $2,285 more for your TL-Navi than Kelly Blue Book!
(Generous trade in offers also available for other TL models)

An All New 2007 TL-Navi has an M.S.R.P. of $36,795.00
Radley Acura's 07 TL-Navi price during this event is $34,497.00
--That's nearly $2,300 in savings!
Invoice on an 07 Navi is $32,953, so there's still another $1500 to get to their price.

I love the 6MT. Sometimes it's a pain in the DC traffic, but I really don't want to give it up. And to get a 2007 6MT, I have to go to the Type S.

Decisions, decisions...
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 AM
User-N-Abuser

I was offered a 2007 Acura TL w/ Navigation System for invoice. Is that a good deal or will I be able to go lower? The car's for my uncle and he won't be buying until towards the end of December so I was just wondering if anyone has gotten their 2007 Acura TL w/ Navigation System for lower than invoice because I still have time to deal.
We are in March already, is there any chance of getting a TL below invoice in NJ yet? I haven't started emailing dealers yet but if anyone has, can you post some pricing and delearships? I am in NY but last year I was looking for a TSX at Sprinfield, Bridgewater and "West something" dealerships but never pulled the trigger, they wouldn't budge on my trade-in so I killed the deal. Anyway, I'm not concerned with a trade-in anymore and my financial situation is much better now so I'm looking for an 07 TL w/ Nav (WDP preferred).

Also does anyone in the NJ area know if Sprinfield Acura is a volume dealer, in which case I'm sure they would be more willing to make a sale at months' end just to get another car off the lot.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I am in NJ. I recently got a 2007 TL-S for slightly below invoice from Bridgewater Acura on the last day of February. They were not ready to negotiate much on my trade-in. Instead, they lowered the price on TL-S a bit which made it below invoice and I sold my trade-in after that in less than 2 days for $1000 more than what they were offering. My price was $35,000 (including DC).

Hope this information helps while negotiating.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:09 PM
User-N-Abuser

Thumbs up Thanks for the Info.

I liked Bridgewater and dealt with an older gentleman when I was shopping last year but they looked smaller than Springfield so I thought they may have tried to squeeze every last nickel out of me before letting a car go. I am not in the market for a Type S but the fact that they let one of those go for less than invoice makes me think I should start asking for quotes right away. If you don't mind me asking did you take their financing or did you get your own ahead of time. Also, what was your OTD price? NY taxes are something like 8.769% so I'm paying almost 3k in taxes alone. Did they try to tack on doc fees and such? I think I remember seeing a little box at the bottom discussing a doc fee but I am very reluctant to pay that.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FromEX2TSX
I liked Bridgewater and dealt with an older gentleman when I was shopping last year but they looked smaller than Springfield so I thought they may have tried to squeeze every last nickel out of me before letting a car go. I am not in the market for a Type S but the fact that they let one of those go for less than invoice makes me think I should start asking for quotes right away. If you don't mind me asking did you take their financing or did you get your own ahead of time. Also, what was your OTD price? NY taxes are something like 8.769% so I'm paying almost 3k in taxes alone. Did they try to tack on doc fees and such? I think I remember seeing a little box at the bottom discussing a doc fee but I am very reluctant to pay that.
It's funny you asked about financing. I had my own financing from Capital One. The dealer offered me a ridiculous APR. I declined and finally they came about lowering their rate below the Capital One's. I took their deal. It turned out to be that the financing would be done from a subsidiary of Capital one. How strage is that. A subsidiary beating the price of the parent company for business.

OTD price for me came out to be $37920 (including the Doc Fee of $198 + TTL + 7% NJ Tax).
Old 03-12-2007, 03:02 PM
User-N-Abuser

Typical Tactics...

I usually go to the dealerships with a pre-approved bank draft which lets them know that I was approved for a certain amount and all that needs to be done is a signature and the checks are mailed. Dealerships always try to get you to use their financing and if your credit is good enough they will fight to get you a better rate than you already have because they make points on just getting someone to use their financing. My credit union is pretty good but I don't think I can get a rate better than 5.5% these days. I would take 7% sales tax any day compared to the insane taxes we pay in NY. It's ludicrous. Anyway, thanks again for the info. If I start getting quotes I'll post them up along with the dealers that issued them.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:45 PM
1st Gear

Mantrika,

I'm also in Princeton, and very happy that you were able to get your TL-S for below invoice at Bridgewater Acura. If you don't mind, would you give me the name of the sales rep that you dealt with? How much did you have to negotiate to get the price that low?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Originally Posted by mantrika
I am in NJ. I recently got a 2007 TL-S for slightly below invoice from Bridgewater Acura on the last day of February. They were not ready to negotiate much on my trade-in. Instead, they lowered the price on TL-S a bit which made it below invoice and I sold my trade-in after that in less than 2 days for $1000 more than what they were offering. My price was $35,000 (including DC).

Hope this information helps while negotiating.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by preludebob
Mantrika,

I'm also in Princeton, and very happy that you were able to get your TL-S for below invoice at Bridgewater Acura. If you don't mind, would you give me the name of the sales rep that you dealt with? How much did you have to negotiate to get the price that low?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Frankly, I donot know the sales person's name. I had gotten a quote through Internet for 35,695(special price until the month end). But when I went in there, it was a different person dealing with me.

It was already too late for them to close, so there was hardly any negotiation. Also, my decision to take care of the trade-in myself, might have helped the price a bit.