2004 TL Explanation for Many Problems?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004 | 07:13 PM
Intermediate

Old 04-23-2004 | 07:22 PM
Intermediate

Hmmm. Even though the TL is a great car - I love mine - but I don't understand the concern over posting problems/issues with the car. I'd rather hear the issues/resolutions on the forum than call the dealer with concerns over "what's that clunky noise occurs when I put the car into drive". Maybe the board should allow more serious postings only like "I blew a away a bimmer today man!" or "how to install blue neon dome lights" or "anyone install 21" wheels that spin on their TL?".

The reality is that Acura does read these boards, and engineers do care about fixing issues. And who really gives a sh*& about what color looks best?
Old 04-23-2004 | 09:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

No one disagrees that there should discussions about problems. Those discussions, when conducted rationally, are very helpful to TL owners.

You haven't been around this forum very long. Sometimes one person shows up, who may or may not even own a TL and who may or may not be telling the truth, someone with very few or zero prior posts, who suddenly goes off about all these problems their TL supposedly has. Panic sets it. People think all 40,000 TLs are about to spontaneously combust. It gets quite silly.

The worms were my own silliness in response. The fact that some people took me seriously says two things: people on this forum are very compassionate, and the level of hysteria is absurd. Oh, it also says I'm an asshole, but that's neither here nor there.
Old 04-24-2004 | 04:12 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TLGator
No one disagrees that there should discussions about problems. Those discussions, when conducted rationally, are very helpful to TL owners.

You haven't been around this forum very long. Sometimes one person shows up, who may or may not even own a TL and who may or may not be telling the truth, someone with very few or zero prior posts, who suddenly goes off about all these problems their TL supposedly has. Panic sets it. People think all 40,000 TLs are about to spontaneously combust. It gets quite silly.

The worms were my own silliness in response. The fact that some people took me seriously says two things: people on this forum are very compassionate, and the level of hysteria is absurd. Oh, it also says I'm an asshole, but that's neither here nor there.
What do you mean silliness? I have listened to all the problems that others have had with their TL, but the worms is the only one that I have had -- and it is BAD!

<TED>
Old 04-24-2004 | 08:04 AM
Racer

Using chemicals to eliminate the worms would be a no-no.

You should get the eco-friendly pink worm control kit, from your dealier, which contains several blue birds that will eat the pink worms.

Or, turn your car into a mobile bait shop.

....Stupid worms.
Old 04-24-2004 | 04:08 PM
Cruisin'

Unhappy gas caps and overzealous TL admirers

Originally Posted by cypwood1
Gas cap holder on Civics but not on a top of the line Acura.

Cypwood ( Don )
They do have a gas cap holder. . .just not the conventional kind. the little tab on the cap fits in the notch on the door. innovative, eh?

I love my car, but a guy actually FOLLOWED ME HOME to ask me about it. Guess that's one of the disadvantages of driving a high profile car. real creepy when you're a single woman living alone. . . if i don't post for a while, someone please call the cops to investigate my whereabouts.

==================================================
04 TL/Anthracite Metallic/Ebony/AT/non-navi
Old 04-24-2004 | 04:30 PM
Instructor

It was me who followed you home......

I'm the guy who followed you home. Just kidding. See it as a compliment....nice car/nice driver.

Love my RRP-6MT.

Originally Posted by DEFPOTEC
They do have a gas cap holder. . .just not the conventional kind. the little tab on the cap fits in the notch on the door. innovative, eh?

I love my car, but a guy actually FOLLOWED ME HOME to ask me about it. Guess that's one of the disadvantages of driving a high profile car. real creepy when you're a single woman living alone. . . if i don't post for a while, someone please call the cops to investigate my whereabouts.

==================================================
04 TL/Anthracite Metallic/Ebony/AT/non-navi
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Fix for Pink

Old 04-24-2004 | 10:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Talking Fix for Pink (for real)

The pink worms are very sensitive to blue light. That is why some of us are installing it in our door and dome lights. Since I installed mine, I haven't seen ONE pink worm.

See! It works. It has also kept elephants away.

And who said "Who gives a $hit what colors are best?" Well, one might ask, who cares who wins the Superbowl. It's just a game."

We know that. Maybe you don't? It's called post-purchase affirmation. It's the only known antidote to buyer's remorse. It also fends off my have brothers. Should Have, Would Have, and Could Have.

XP
Old 04-25-2004 | 09:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by xpditor42
The pink worms are very sensitive to blue light. That is why some of us are installing it in our door and dome lights.
Aha! Another Acura conspiracy! They KNEW about the worms, and AFTER THE FACT they put the blue lights in the car to try to keep the worms subdued! I should have known! You can't trust these big car companies, all of them are the same, they actually expect to make a profit! Damn them all!
Old 04-26-2004 | 02:48 PM
Intermediate

Talking

I've had enough of this crap. I give up - there are at least 5 Color Polls going on right now on this board that I could be a part of (most of us secretly hate metallic dark gray, er... anthracite). But seriously, I did get a laugh out of the guy who spent several hours breaking the stupid dome lights to replace with blue ones...
Old 04-26-2004 | 03:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xpditor42
Don,

I am sure everyone is tired of hearing this, but...

I bought a new 1990 Maxima in 1990 and recently sold it after 14 years of trouble-free ownership. It was garage kept and had 99,000 miles. It was Sand Pebble Beige with a cranberry velour cloth interior. It was just as shiny and pristine when I sold it as the day I bought it. In fact, I took about 5 minute of walk-around video on Halloween, the day I detailed it and delivered it to the purchaser, my best friend's 17 year old daughter, for $4,000. It didn't even have a door ding on it. And, this being Florida, it has never seen snow or salt or cold weather.

The only money I spent on it besides oil/filter changes and the timing belt at 60,000 was for tires, batteries, and wiper blades (3 sets of each).

Like you, when I put my deposit down on a new TL, and, after reading Consumer Reports who named it their number one pick for a mid-size luxury car, I expect it to be AT LEAST as good a car as my old Maxima if not better.

Page 2 of the story: Six weeks after the 17 year old bought my Max, she rear-ended a vehicle at noon on a Saturday and totalled my baby.

She was not hurt- which is a good thing. Because now I'm gonna kill her! :rocketwho

XP
One of the reasons why never sell a car to a friend
Old 04-26-2004 | 08:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

In the dictionary next to the phrase "off-topic" there should be a picture of this thread.