Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 - 2006 TL Steering Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:43 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2004 - 2006 TL Steering Wheels

This is a new thread to replace the old one in PP&M's section I did a LONG time ago and pics have expired ect. I am placing the pics here in my photobucket account so they will remain active no matter what for a LONG time to come. I hope this helps people out that are looking for other options for their steering wheel. Thanks!! Michael Benz, Indianapolis, IN.

Option #1:
A-Spec Steering Wheel

Part# 08U97-SEP-210 (sells approx $325 on ebay)
Retails $360
  • Leather trim color unique to this wheel.
  • Exclusive blue stitching.
  • Silver/gray colored accent.
  • Adds sporty look and feel.

__________________________________________________ ______

Option #2:
Wood Accent Steering Wheel

Part # 08U97-SEP-210A (sells aprox $385 on ebay)
Retail Cost = $519
  • Leather trim completely covers the back of the steering wheel and grip areas.
  • Walnut wood is inlaid top and bottom.
  • Wood matches existing interior components.
  • Adds custom look and luxurious feel.

Option #3
Carbon Fiber Accent Steering Wheel

Part # 08U97-SEP-210B (sells for $385 on ebay)
Retail Cost = $519
  • Leather trim completely covers the back of the steering wheel and grip areas.
  • CF is inlaid top and bottom.
  • Pattern matches existing interior components.
  • Adds custom look and sporty feel.

And last but not least.....the OEM wheel just to complete the thread with ALL info....lol.
Option #4
OEM Steering Wheel

This is just info I have collected over the time I have been here and thought I would share it with the rest of the crew. All pricing is just published pricing I got off ebay, but I might recommend checking with Tim at Hondacuraworld first as they can often match or beat the prices on ebay by a few bucks! Always try to support your local Acurazine sponsors when possible! They make it possible for you to post on here in part by paying vendor fees that help pay for the site! (wow...you would think I would be on staff or something, wouldnt you...lol) But no...just saying....help support those that help support you! Our fine vendors here do an excellent job and in most cases can beat or meet pricing you have seen!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice work and great contribution.that's why your Colts is Miami-bound..congratulations from a still Dungy fan of Tampa.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:14 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
You'll also note, the PN's are different between the auto steering wheel and the MT steering. I "believe" the MT steering to wheel to be "girthier, and the grips to be a bit more pronounced for a more sporty feel.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Great idea Benz....
Old 01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
B A N N E D

Does anyone know if it's possible to rewrap the steering wheel so it's thicker?

Also, noticed that the first 3 picture you posted is a 4spokes steering wheel, and the last one you posted is a 3 spokes steering wheel. Does the MT comes with a 3 spokes steering wheel? Because I know my AT comes with a 4 spokes.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
^ Looks like Benz confused the pics! Looks like a TSX steering wheel. All TL's have 4 spoke except for 07'
Old 01-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Got VTEC?

I really like the look of the A-Spec steering wheel. Anyone know how much they go for?

Matt
Old 01-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by MTVtec
I really like the look of the A-Spec steering wheel. Anyone know how much they go for?

Matt
about $340.00 at hondacuraworld.com.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:11 AM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
if i was getting a new steering wheel it'd better a 3 spoke. anyone know if the '07 s-type steering wheel will fit on the 04-06's?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:53 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by PPLAPW
^ Looks like Benz confused the pics! Looks like a TSX steering wheel. All TL's have 4 spoke except for 07'
Yes...you are right. I just picked one off ebay real quick as an afterthought and didnt pay attention that it was a 3 spoker...lol. Fixed. Reloaded a TL steering wheel in its place so the right one shows now. Sorry guys! Yes...all TL steering wheels are 4 spokes as mentioned above. Again...just a mistake on my part in that I made in haste as I had an afterthought to add the OEM one too just to cover em all...and grabbed the first thing I saw. Again...fixed so the correct wheel shows now. Thanks for pointing that out guys!!
Old 01-24-2007, 12:55 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by MTVtec

Matt

Ah....$325 as listed? A of E Parts sells em for $325 on ebay.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Kennedy
You'll also note, the PN's are different between the auto steering wheel and the MT steering. I "believe" the MT steering to wheel to be "girthier, and the grips to be a bit more pronounced for a more sporty feel.

Nope.....not true. A quick check on the net will show you that this is incorrect. Part # for both manual and auto OEM steering wheel comes back at 78501-SEP-A81ZA. That would lead one to "believe" they are the exact same thing? I do recall some of the MT guys saying that they thought their OEM steering wheel was thicker than AT guys....but after the possibility of that coming up...I checked the part #'s which proved to be the exact same part # for both AT and MT on the OEM wheel. (04 and 05 anyway...didnt check 06...but I am assuming its the same too) I also do not see any of the dealers online listing different part #'s on the option wheels either...same thing...AT and MT? We really DO need to get to the bottom of this myth though....what caused people to think this in the first place? Is there anybody out there that can compare a MT and AT first hand on the OEM front in two different cars MT and AT side by side to verify this fact? I would be interested in proving this theory incorrect indefinately....but I think the part# search is pretty tell tale that they are likely exactly the same thing.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:23 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by wasupdog
if i was getting a new steering wheel it'd better a 3 spoke. anyone know if the '07 s-type steering wheel will fit on the 04-06's?
Yes a 07 TypeS steering wheel will fit on the 04-06 TL because they have the same steering column. However no one have confirmed about the wiring for the buttons on the steering wheel. Also Acura does not seem to sell the airbag for the 07 just yet.

I am planning to get a 07 TypeS steering wheel with paddle shift.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:30 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by wasupdog
Nope...it appears that the 07's have a three spoke wheel...and carry a different part#...therefore all the switches on the 04-06 TL's would not fit in correctly in the three spoke steering wheel for the 07 model. Now the question remains...if you changed all the switches out to 07 units....if that would work or not? Somebody is going to have to be the tester on that one!!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:39 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by lookinco
Yes a 07 TypeS steering wheel will fit on the 04-06 TL because they have the same steering column. However no one have confirmed about the wiring for the buttons on the steering wheel. Also Acura does not seem to sell the airbag for the 07 just yet.

I am planning to get a 07 TypeS steering wheel with paddle shift.
Very cool...let us know how it works out! The columns are the same...yep....I am wondering if one were to buy the switch units or find a unit in a junkyard all in good shape that isnt overly damaged or airbag deployed (rare...its in a junkyard after all...the airbag is likely to be deployed at a minimum) if it would work and all functionality be there? Do tell when you try it! It will be good info to add to the base info here at a minimum as well as the general knowledge base here!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Racer

I'm happy to have found some sort of explaination about the different wheels... I keep seeing the plain-Jane ones in pictures, yet my 06 TL doesn't have that type of wheel. Instead I have the CF one that matches the rest of the trim.

What gives with my car having the CF wheel and others not having it? There was no mention of this "upgrade" on my sticker... I recall when I bought my TL there was an identical non-navi but it had a spoiler and wondered why mine didn't... The non-navi TL didn't have the spoiler listed on the sticker either?

Are TLs shipped with one "upgrade of assembly line choice" or is this a dealer/distributor thing? Oh, and I did compare when I bought, there was another non-navi TL and no spoiler, I didn't note whether it had CF wheel though.

Any thoughts appreciated, I stole this TL the last sales day of the year compared to what I was talking with them about in September... Maybe there's some sticker trickery going on where the dealer nixed the CF wheel to ensure it was gone 12/31/06.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
^^well, the cars come stock form the factory then the a-spec stuff/spoilers/runningboards/body side moulding are added at the dealership. Probsbly the salesman were to lazy to put it on the stickers.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:34 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Its was prolly part of a trim package.