1st Trip back to the Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004 | 11:57 AM
Advanced

1st Trip back to the Dealer

After a close inspection of my TL I found a few problems.

1) I have a small, I mean real small, chip in the left, rear door jamb.
2) The plastic buttons in the truck that hold the cargo net are chewed to pieces. It looks like someone tighten the buttons with a pair of channel locks.
3) I have black smudges on the rockers panels. The paint was “sealed” by the dealer. Did they seal in the black smudges? If not can I clean the smudges without damaging the sealant?
4) The storage compartment closest to the stereo has a sharp piece of plastic on the inside door. When you reach in, your get a pretty good scratch.

I emailed my Sales Rep, told him I would be happy to wait and bring the car in at its first oil change, but I did want him to know my concerns. I was told to bring the car in at my earliest convenience.

When I showed up today, my sales rep was waiting for me, he know my concerns, and was very accommodating. I pointed out all the trouble areas. I was told I could wait or take a loner. I took the loner, TSX four door automatic.

I’ll know more when I go back, but right now I’m very, very happy with the level of services I have received.

One more thing, I love my TL, no rattles, no vibrations, no concerns at all.

I’ll keep you posted.
Old 10-05-2004 | 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Sounds like another imperfect dealer willing to address concerns. (referring to my account at the top of the forum page).

Glad you like your TL!

Question: what type of "sealant" did your dealer use?
Old 10-05-2004 | 01:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Sounds like another imperfect dealer willing to address concerns. (referring to my account at the top of the forum page).

Glad you like your TL!

Question: what type of "sealant" did your dealer use?

Good Question. I really don’t think they used a “sealant”. I think they said that as a part of the justification for the $399.00 clean-up charge. In an effort to play fair, I’m going to allow the dealership first shot at explaining the “sealant” before I jumped to any conclusions.
Old 10-05-2004 | 03:00 PM
Advanced

Well, I’m back. Acura of Memphis did a great job!

Addressed all of my concerns, you can’t even see where the paint chip was, and the “buttons” are on order.

If you want to know how nice your TL is, drive another car. The TSX loaner was nice, peppy, great seat’s, good looking gages, and no where rear as nice as the TL.