Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

+1 For Acura

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 For Acura

I have had quite a few 'service' related issues with Acura. In fact my entire ownership experience, up to last week, has left me with an extremely negative opinion of Acura service. So poor in fact that I considered moving on simply because service is not a word in the Acura dictionary.

That said, last week I had my TL Aspec in for suspension spec readings, part of my fight with Acura to cover my yokohama's that are trash at 11k. Once they finished the reading and finished up, I came by to pick the car up. Using a 5 star dealership I never expected that I should have to do a once over of my vehicle, so I did not.

Two days later I came to my garage, seeing the TL for the first time since service, and noticed some damage on the front end. Immediately I knew the cause, simply because this time of year this car sees very little driving, and that cause was the dealership. I called the service manage, explained very politely what the deal was, and told him that I would stop in on Tuesday (yesterday) to work this out.

To keep a really long story short, Acura is paying for the damages, which while not very bad are bad enough that it will need to go to the body shop. (Not acura either) The only thing that saved me was the fact that the walk around sheet the service advisors do showed no damage on the front end of my car. (Not a shock) Fact is one fo the porters drove my TL accidentally into a wall in the dealership service area. Not a surprise that he didnt tell anyone and thought that I wouldnt notice.

So while the current score is horribly against Acura, they did do something to get a +1 from my book. I could be realistic here and say that they are only doing what they should in the given situation, but the fact remains they have shown no desire to behave with that logic in the last 18 months of ownership.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah that worries me. This week I went to a highly rated dealership for an oil changel. They made no note of the scrape on the front lip (where I misjudged a curb and scraped it ) and the scratch from my car being egged a month ago. Anyways I was shocked but didnt say anything about it. I guess they don't do a thorough inspection but like in this case they can't argue if someone does complain. Maybe its because everytime I am there everyone is too busy noticing the hotness of my car!!!!