Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Type S A Spec Under Way

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 Type S A Spec Under Way

I have ordered my complete A Spec kit for the 08 Type S ASM from Hondaworld. I have removed the front and rear bumpers (very easy thanks to Acurazine DIY) and have removed the rockers. I downloaded the instructions for the installation. The front bumper has all the markings for drilling the holes and looks straight forward. The rockers are very easy. However, the rear marking for drilling the holes are barely visible and right now is more guessing the location to drill. However the instructions for the rear lip also call for cutting the exhaust cutout for the rear lip install and the instructions say to "follow the well marked outline on the underside of the bumper". There is no outline for this cut on the underside of the bumper. Does anyone have any info/pictures, etc on this Exhaust cut out and for the rear holes to be drilled? Do you get any templates with the kit for any of these drill holes and cut outs agian for the rear only? Thanx in advance.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:56 AM
contemplating future mods

Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts
With the bumper cut outs you do have a little wiggle room. I was a little scared at first but the A-Spec bumper will hide any rough cuts that you make. As far as the holes to be drilled, take the time to make sure that you drill where you are suppose to. I saw some shots of cars that drilled the holes to low and it looks like garbage. I honestly forget how I did it... I think that I lined it up and used some pencil marks to triangulate where the holes are to be drilled. I do remember wishing that they made the markings more visible. GL and post up some pics of the finished install.

Oh, and sorry... I don't have any pictures of my install
Old 09-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
TLS, best of luck on your install! I'm anxious to see your final result. By the way, I am very interested to hear how your carbon fiber vinyl wrap is holding up on your engine compartment pieces!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:48 AM
j1n
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Didnt cut the rear bumper when i did mine. you dont have to cut it. just take off the plastic outline that goes around the area where the exhaust sticks out. i think its just a couple screws and it pops off.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:45 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
does anybody know how this turned out? because i plan on installing my rear lip and i too find it somewhat difficult to see the marked area for the drilling.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I completed the install of the front and rear (plus rockers) Type S A-Spec kit on my 2008 Type S. I did find the markings on the rear inside bumper (and front) and marked them clearly with a black marker. I then lined up the rear lip before I drilled the 4 top holes and 3 bottom to make sure that I was correct in the identification of the Acura marks. I had photographed and documented the 100%complete installation for this site, THEN my harddrive crashed on my complete documentation and photos were all lost. I will post my after install pics.