Sponsored by:

07 TL-S 5at modded vs Stock 07 TL-S 6mt

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Yea those V8 A6s arent too fast ive pulled on them
Originally Posted by anx1300c
I know what you're saying. Since 95% of the base 04-06' TL's are automatic and stock, they're pretty slow, and it's fun catching people off guard.

Recently had some douche in a 4.2 V8 A6 riding my ass, then we jumped onto the four laner and I got over and let him pass. He nailed it like I knew he would, I spotted him a car length and then hit it around 60 in third and made him sad. Then we went again from ~ 65-110 and I made him sad again.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it wasn't for the tune for the TL-S 5AT it would have been history. The stock TL-S 6MT would be faster at all speeds.

Good thread btw. Approved by mazdaspeed3God.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Banned

And I said this over and over and over and over and over that the manual version Tl is so much faster due to close gearing. Why do you think I got the MS3??? highway king.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,515 Posts
Originally Posted by mazdaspeed3God
If it wasn't for the tune for the TL-S 5AT it would have been history. The stock TL-S 6MT would be faster at all speeds.

And I said this over and over and over and over and over that the manual version Tl is so much faster due to close gearing. Why do you think I got the MS3??? highway king.
Didn't you used to own a 6MT TL and go by the name Manual Transmission?
Old 03-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TylerT

Didn't you used to own a 6MT TL and go by the name Manual Transmission?
It's approved by me cause I'm good. I know about carz....

I had never owned one of those.. but I did test drive a TL TYPE-S 6MT which was slower than the MS3 I test drove.

This thread is good. The OP is very good.

He did all this work to prove you guys that the manual transmission is far superior on the TL when I told you so a long long time ago and you guys didn't listen.

Look, when I say something I mean business. I know what I'm sayin'..... I'm pro.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Banned

Rule #0: Never ever drive a vehicle with 4 speed transmission.

Rule #1: Never ever drive a vehicle with 5 speed transmission.

Rule #2: Never ever drive a vehicle with Automatic Transmission.

Rule #3: Ummm..... I forgot.

Oh yeah I remember now. TL 5AT 4th gear is not only bad, the 5th gear (top gear) is equally as bad if not worse. So you should say "dreaded 4th AND 5th gear". The TL 6MT 6th gear I believe is tighter than the 4th gear. That just shows how tall the 4th gear is on the automatic version.

The bone stock TL (non-type-s) 6MT should pull on the fully modded TL Types-S 5AT as shown in OP's ride, say from 80mph pull to 130 mph. You don't need a modded TL nor do you need Type-S trim, just a simple manual stock trim will beat it even harder from 100- 150 mph pull.

The standard 6MT should be just a tad slower than the TL-S 6MT at all speeds to top speed.

Last edited by mazdaspeed3God; 03-09-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:55 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Old 03-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Banned

I just checked the last video on pg1 and boy that's a huge pull. That looked more like two full bus lengths. I mean two coach lengths. Now go try 100- 150 mph pull...

Imagine if that TL-S 5AT was bone stock like the 6MT. We are talking a full football field and half difference.

TL 6MT and TL-S 6MT is nice and all but don't they have 3rd gear synchro problem and clutch release issue? I heard that the build and engineering quality is worse than the Yugo... If it wasn't for these issues the car would have been awesome. I'm glad I didn't buy one of those. With 2nd gen MS3, none of those problems exist. The gearbox is some of the worlds finest builds ever. It's a bit less than Honda NSX but pretty close.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

lol!! you are stating what I have already stated in my first post """"man stock for stock I would have just gotten raped! which I already knew...."""""

no need to mention that again and Thanks, but I don't need an approval from a zoom zoom guy

again already covered!!! I think you got a MS3 because you could not afford a TL-S 6mt!!!

Rule #0: Never ever drive a vehicle with 4 speed transmission.

Rule #1: Never ever drive a vehicle with 5 speed transmission.

Rule #2: Never ever drive a vehicle with Automatic Transmission.

Rule #3: Ummm..... I forgot.

Oh yeah I remember now. TL 5AT 4th gear is not only bad, the 5th gear (top gear) is equally as bad if not worse. So you should say "dreaded 4th AND 5th gear". The TL 6MT 6th gear I believe is tighter than the 4th gear. That just shows how tall the 4th gear is on the automatic version.

The bone stock TL (non-type-s) 6MT should pull on the fully modded TL Types-S 5AT as shown in OP's ride, say from 80mph pull to 130 mph. You don't need a modded TL nor do you need Type-S trim, just a simple manual stock trim will beat it even harder from 100- 150 mph pull.

The standard 6MT should be just a tad slower than the TL-S 6MT at all speeds to top speed.
again more repeating of the same thing....

I just checked the last video on pg1 and boy that's a huge pull. That looked more like two full bus lengths. I mean two coach lengths. Now go try 100- 150 mph pull...

Imagine if that TL-S 5AT was bone stock like the 6MT. We are talking a full football field and half difference.
no need to imagine it has already been stated and everyone is pretty aware that the auto is much slower than the 6mt.....jacked this thread to just say repetitive things is kinda worthless

TL 6MT and TL-S 6MT is nice and all but don't they have 3rd gear synchro problem and clutch release issue? I heard that the build and engineering quality is worse than the Yugo... If it wasn't for these issues the car would have been awesome. I'm glad I didn't buy one of those. With 2nd gen MS3, none of those problems exist. The gearbox is some of the worlds finest builds ever. It's a bit less than Honda NSX but pretty close.
LMAO!!! first off are you really comparing a MS3 to a TL-S.....in the quarter they roughly run the same anywhere between 14.0 to 14.2 give or take and given scenarios and they trap almost the same...but past that I believe the highway king would be 6mt TL-S for the win!!

now with that being said go prove me wrong and go race a TL-S 6mt on the highway and then post the video and I will believe otherwise!

second a TL-S just looks too fucking sexy next to a MS3...sorry no offense but the interior is so fugly and ford like!!!..... TL-S interior is just one of the best in it's class....but again thats my..take it for what it's worth........ you can stay with your zoom zoom and I will be chilling in my TL-S......

I'm not one to go back and forth so don't bother on responding to get another reaction or debate out of me.........

and btw if I wanted a quick car from factory I would go and get one.....I got the TL-S because it was a well rounded package with looks and performance...that even Acura themselves could not do better as the new 4g's TL are no where as good looking as the 3g's.....again my opinion and take it for what it's worth........

and if you happen to live near New England come and find me and I will run you myself with video footage and if you beat me in you zoom zoom MS3 I will be first to say WOW that thing is so zoom zoom fast!!!

Last edited by BostonSilverTypeS; 03-09-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Old 03-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Burning Brakes

^lmao!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 663 Posts
Old 03-11-2012, 12:37 PM

Boston mah bro...when it comes to trolls i have found this to be very very effective:

hahaa....its better than feeding them with our time + replies and getting the thread closed LOL....
Old 03-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by swoosh
Boston mah bro...when it comes to trolls i have found this to be very very effective:

hahaa....its better than feeding them with our time + replies and getting the thread closed LOL....

Exactly

Plus this thread needs to stay open a little while. Boston and I have a lil unfinished business
The following users liked this post:
BostonSilverTypeS (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by Franchise1124
Exactly

Plus this thread needs to stay open a little while. Boston and I have a lil unfinished business
QFT.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Old 03-12-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
Stock base tl 6mt will not "pull hard" on a modded tl-s 5at... I've done it before.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:42 PM

^^^ no bro you are wrong....read the rules stated above.....mazdaspeed3god says so
Old 03-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Burning Brakes

yo Franchise did you end up installing that goodie part yet!! I'm ready for round2 soon summer wheels back on and new tune has been broken in!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BostonSilverTypeS
yo Franchise did you end up installing that goodie part yet!! I'm ready for round2 soon summer wheels back on and new tune has been broken in!!!
Wednesday is the day...but I leave for Cali the next morning so I won't get to enjoy it until next week

With you on summer tires and the updated tune, I'm expecting the results to be exactly the same as last time....maybe
Old 03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Superstressed

Received 86 Likes on 84 Posts
That's it! I'm coming up to Boston this Spring/Summer for a couple o rounds. I'll tell the wife we're going to Quincy but little does she know... hee hee.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TLove It!
That's it! I'm coming up to Boston this Spring/Summer for a couple o rounds. I'll tell the wife we're going to Quincy but little does she know... hee hee.
Only on one condition. If you can get Sonnick, anx1300c, and that mazda3god character to come with you, then I'll join in the festivities.

All seriousness, let me or Boston know if you decide to come up. We have some meets in April anyways so you might as well make the trip worth while. I'd love to see/hear that SC!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Superstressed

Only on one condition. If you can get Sonnick, anx1300c, and that mazda3god character to come with you, then I'll join in the festivities.

All seriousness, let me or Boston know if you decide to come up. We have some meets in April anyways so you might as well make the trip worth while. I'd love to see/hear that SC!
For sure! I would love to meet some of the guys that keep this forum exciting. My car looks like a p.o.s. as it was just a work dd till I got a company vehicle. As far as the SC it's nothing special, I just got dumb and thought I had to modify a car so the old TL is it lol. But yeah, definitley will get up that way sooner or later, hopefully for a meet. Till then, keep the vids coming
Old 03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Burning Brakes

just let me know when you do!! but man your boosted IDK if I can hang on the highway like that!!!.......

Wednesday is the day...but I leave for Cali the next morning so I won't get to enjoy it until next week

With you on summer tires and the updated tune, I'm expecting the results to be exactly the same as last time....maybe
damn that sucks!!! no worries I guess you will have something to be excited about when you get back!!! and I don't know man that J-pipe might awaken the 6mt even more.....I'm gonna also put the Redline TypeF fluid back in, so my shifting can be on point! either way def looking forward for Round2 !!!

hey I'm still looking to head down to that track Sonnick was talking about !! Lebanon Valley or something like that!

For sure! I would love to meet some of the guys that keep this forum exciting. My car looks like a p.o.s. as it was just a work dd till I got a company vehicle. As far as the SC it's nothing special, I just got dumb and thought I had to modify a car so the old TL is it lol. But yeah, definitley will get up that way sooner or later, hopefully for a meet. Till then, keep the vids coming
so is the SC running right or no? and if so what do you have running it for an ECU? FIC or what? you should def look into getting the JnR ECU...you can have that running real strong with a proper tune!!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm still down for Lebanon Valley. My new wheels should be here sometime in April. ~40 lbs weight saved on wheels/tires should be like picking up ~12 whp, so I really want to try a decent track.

r3devi7 has the scoop on that track. And MS3 Speed Stud....this is an open invitation...
Old 03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Superstressed

Originally Posted by BostonSilverTypeS
just let me know when you do!! but man your boosted IDK if I can hang on the highway like that!!!.......
I'm tellin ya the SC is not what you'd think. That's why more people are going to the Turbo's. I don't know how much more there is to get out of my set up; but right now especially with my tired ass Autocrapmatic, I'm sure you'd keep up or pass me after 2'nd gear.

so is the SC running right or no? and if so what do you have running it for an ECU? FIC or what? you should def look into getting the JnR ECU...you can have that running real strong with a proper tune!!
No, not running right yet.I'm getting and FIC (one of these days). Can't afford the J&R right now with other expenses (Break Out Another Thousand). Not to mention I already put waaay more money in to the old TL than was planned.
Either way, looking forward to some get togethers whether it's at a meet or the wife and I take a road trip up that way.
BostonSilverTypeS (03-14-2012)
Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Safety Car

I'm down for Lebanon Valley....it will be my first time so I'll try to stay sub 15's
Old 03-14-2012, 10:15 AM
All motor

I'm down as well. I linked the 2012 Schedule below. I wish they opened sooner! It may be hot by mid April. I'm definitely trying to get down to at least 1 track sooner than that, but still need to get my trans mount installed. I'm also planning on doing the TB/Valve adjustments as well. Hopefully a couple other goodies too

http://www.dragway.com/home_006.htm
I have to see how far it is from me. I forget where it is lol. Island Drag is another one I'd like to go to.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Superstressed

Should be able to put in your town and state and see how far. 2 and 1/2hrs from CT. Looks about the same for Boston and Franchise.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ba...ed=0CAwQngIwAA
Old 03-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Burning Brakes

^2and half hours wow really...closer than I thought I'm def down whether it be April or May.....Will try to head up to Epping track 1st not sure when they open I will have to check....but I know Wednesday nights you get alot more runs then Friday's at Epping (NEdragway)
Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Sonnick
I'm down as well. I linked the 2012 Schedule below. I wish they opened sooner! It may be hot by mid April. I'm definitely trying to get down to at least 1 track sooner than that, but still need to get my trans mount installed. I'm also planning on doing the TB/Valve adjustments as well. Hopefully a couple other goodies too

I have to see how far it is from me. I forget where it is lol. Island Drag is another one I'd like to go to.
Ehh, don't sweat the heat. When I went last year it was like low 80's on a shitty track. I was pissed with 14.4 @ 98.3 mph, but it corrected to 14.1 @ 100.1 on a couple online calcs, so I didn't feel so bad.

If I can't get into the 13's now on a 60 degree day on a decent track with the ported runners, TB, intake and lighter wheels/tires, I plan on crashing my car into a BMW showroom on the way home and driving out in a 335. Or maybe a Ford dealership for a 5.0?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:45 AM
All motor

Lol. That's a tough choice. I like the new 335s. Saw a blue one yesterday with the sunroof tipped up (drool). Looked amazing.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I plan on crashing my car into a BMW showroom on the way home and driving out in a 335. Or maybe a Ford dealership for a 5.0?
OT

I'd crash in a Ford dealership...

Old 03-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Car Enthusiast

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
^ That's almost 90hp to the wheel different.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 PM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
there is no replacement for displacement
Old 03-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Car Enthusiast

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
^yes there "are" ... just need a deeper pocket.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Suzuka Master

^^Yep

Old 03-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Ehh, don't sweat the heat. When I went last year it was like low 80's on a shitty track. I was pissed with 14.4 @ 98.3 mph, but it corrected to 14.1 @ 100.1 on a couple online calcs, so I didn't feel so bad.

If I can't get into the 13's now on a 60 degree day on a decent track with the ported runners, TB, intake and lighter wheels/tires, I plan on crashing my car into a BMW showroom on the way home and driving out in a 335. Or maybe a Ford dealership for a 5.0?
You'll run in the 13's sir

As much as I'd like to see you get a 335i, that won't be happening just yet
Old 03-15-2012, 08:27 PM

well this thread has progressed
Old 03-18-2012, 09:06 PM
ReDevil

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick

Its usually not bad down there. Always a couple degrees cooler than Albany lol. I really am excited to run my TSX... havent really done much with the TL. Waiting on the J&R, but dont really have any further mods planned. Honestly, so much more into the TSX, mostly because its 6spd. Probably going to borrow the Volks off the TL, and get some solid runs in. Either way, I will def be going a good number of planned times this year lol

Quick Reply: 07 TL-S 5at modded vs Stock 07 TL-S 6mt