Sponsored by:

'06 A/T Fluid Change?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 06:04 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post '06 A/T Fluid Change?

Hello all,
Background info: I recently bought a used 2006 Acura TL with ~133K, the older woman I bought it from said that maintenance was always kept up either at the dealer or by a trusted mechanic, and everything does seem to be in order both driving wise and cosmetically wise, which I am very happy about! All in all, I love this car and want to keep it running as long as I can! Which bring me to to my question...

All the fluids and oil seem to be at an adequate level, though the tranny fluid is not clean but also by no means super dirty, the transmission shifts just fine. I don't the last time the A/T fluid was changed, but for my peace of mind I want to change some, if not all of it out. I know if you drain and fill you'll get about 3 quarts out, I will be putting in DW-1 as Z-1 seems to be discontinued, will this be ok or should I just go ahead and do a 3x3 fluid change? Thank you!!!
Old 09-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Received 404 Likes on 316 Posts
Do a 1x3 every oil change, and you'll be fine.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:52 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
Since your trans is working fine then the trans fluild is still doing it's job of lubricating and protecting the trans. You can change all or part of the ATF as time and/or money al

Right​​Right now there is no urgency to do a 3x3 or a 100% exchange. A slow and steady 1x3 is fine but keep in mind that the more you drive in-between each exchange will result in diminished trans fluild quality due to the fact that new fluild is already mixed with old fluild. This is the same for a 3×3 or 1×3.

Also you should change your AT external filter.