Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 RSX type-s vs '04 TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 02:40 AM
9 mpg.

Received 306 Likes on 249 Posts
'06 RSX type-s vs '04 TL

DISCLAIMER: This is street racing, anything can and will happen. If you don't believe the story, it's fine, you don't have to. You are entitled to your own opinion and beliefs..lol

Okay, my friend and his buddy were planning to race each other and I decided to include myself in the fun. Long story short, here are the specs of each car.

04 TL:
- Auto
- Minor Weight Reduction: Spare tire, floor mats, trunk mat that covers the spare, sub, amp, and miscellaneous junk within the car.
- Intake resonator delete
- Stage 1 exhaust with custom mufflers

06 Type-S:
- Lowered 2"
- No weight reduction as far as I know
- Short shifter
- P-spec exhaust
- CAI

With that said, now we can get on to the actual races...

1st race: ~1/4 mile
VSA off and brake torquing lightly, maybe 800-1k rpm. Our friend honks it off for us and we both launch pretty well but he spins a bit more than me off the line. I took about a 1/2 car lead till the shift into 2nd gear when he pulled to my rear door. I shifted late into 3rd and hit the limiter for a split second, but I stayed ahead with him catching. Basically we stayed almost even till we shut down. He was right at my side mirror at the end, so I had just a fender length on him.

2nd race: 25-30mph roll
We pull next to each other just by coincidence (lol) and I signal for 3 honks. He downshifts and I drop the car into "L". I honk and right at the 3rd honk we both hit it, but I pull hard. Like a car length right there. Then I shift from "L" to "D" and then into Sport-shift. Believe it or not (I was kind of surprised too), I managed to break traction haha. Anyways we went to about ~80 and shut down. I had a clear 1 1/2 car lead at the minimum when we shut it down.

TL: 2
Type-S: 0

Note: The weight reduction, even though minor, really made a big difference in my opinion. The car felt a lot more agile and after the race on the cruise home it felt less sluggish per se'. I like it, a lot. I might not put the sub and amp back in. haha

Enjoy A-Zine!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:44 AM
9 mpg.

By the way there were a few more miscellaneous races, such as:

- Mercedes 190e vs '87 CRX. From a dig.
- Mercedes 190e vs RSX Type-S. Original reason for the race(s).
- And I think there might be a few more I'm forgetting.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 AM
.:dedicated:.

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
i saw this on your FB and i thought by type S it was a TL-S.. i was like.. no way....
stay safe out there. its the end of the month
Old 07-28-2010, 03:02 AM
9 mpg.

Originally Posted by chinkwapin
i saw this on your FB and i thought by type S it was a TL-S.. i was like.. no wayy!

stay safe out there. its the end of the month!
no, heavens no. lol. I'll have the footage linked on Facebook tomorrow bro.

Yeah dude, they're itching to give some tickets out right now.

Hey, hit me up for a Palomar run sometime! And I might caravan up with you guys to the Thomas Burton meet if I have gas and am free that day (hopefully)
Old 07-28-2010, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Type-DM 2004 TL
no, heavens no. lol. I'll have the footage linked on Facebook tomorrow bro.

Yeah dude, they're itching to give some tickets out right now.

Hey, hit me up for a Palomar run sometime! And I might caravan up with you guys to the Thomas Burton meet if I have gas and am free that day (hopefully)
idk if im gonna b in the caravan cuz im stoppin along the way up to take care of some stuff. u should talk it out with the other guys and caravan with them. hopefully ill c u at the meet tho!

i havent been to palomar in dayz.. ever since i got the volks ive been too lazy to put my stockies back on lol, the 19s on stretched tires cant do shit up a mountain, much less on city streets lol
Old 07-28-2010, 03:10 AM
9 mpg.

idk if im gonna b in the caravan cuz im stoppin along the way up to take care of some stuff. u should talk it out with the other guys and caravan with them. hopefully ill c u at the meet tho!

i havent been to palomar in dayz.. ever since i got the volks ive been too lazy to put my stockies back on lol, the 19s on stretched tires cant do shit up a mountain, much less on city streets lol
Well, I'm still iffy about going in general.. lol

Dude, put the stockies back on and let's hit palomar already. :P I know a guy who would be down to take some rolling shots and footage too.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:08 PM
US Navy Seabees

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
definitely very believable, but I don't think the weight reduction you made makes any difference. Your talking about 15 lbs. if that.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,515 Posts
Good runs!

As for the caravan, Mike and I are meeting in Oceanside and driving up .. it would be awesome if you could make it man.

However, I am closer to the 15 than the 5 .. maybe we'll change it?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ruby
definitely very believable, but I don't think the weight reduction you made makes any difference. Your talking about 15 lbs. if that.
I have to disagree. the floor mats themselves are quite heavy. not to mention the spare tire and it's cover. amp and sub. that's a lot of weight to shave off and every little bit makes a difference
Old 07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Turd Polisher

^

I think shaving off 100 pounds gets you about .1 in the quarter mile .... free mods ftw!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:47 PM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
Nice runs! With a great driver some of those 05+ RSX-S' hit 14.7 or so stock. Great run against your TL bro!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:33 PM
9 mpg.

Well, I think it was more than 15lbs. Trust me the car felt "different" in a good way.

Originally Posted by TylerT
Good runs!

As for the caravan, Mike and I are meeting in Oceanside and driving up .. it would be awesome if you could make it man.

However, I am closer to the 15 than the 5 .. maybe we'll change it?
Thanks Broski!

Well, we'll see what happens. But for the record, I'm right off the 15 too. Sabre Springs ftw. lol

I have to disagree. the floor mats themselves are quite heavy. not to mention the spare tire and it's cover. amp and sub. that's a lot of weight to shave off and every little bit makes a difference
That's exactly how I feel. Honestly, I'd like to take it 1/4 mile and see what I run with the minor weight reduction vs the car as it usually is, i.e; floormats, trunk mats, sub, amp, etc.

^

I think shaving off 100 pounds gets you about .1 in the quarter mile .... free mods ftw!
I wonder how much I shaved off, hmm..

Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6
Nice runs! With a great driver some of those 05+ RSX-S' hit 14.7 or so stock. Great run against your TL bro!
Oh trust me, going into the race I was expecting to lose. I told everyone that he'd take me by 2-3 car lengths. haha
Old 07-28-2010, 02:42 PM
9 mpg.

*Disclaimer: There is graphic language in these videos. If you're easily offended, don't watch. My friends like to joke around when it's just us. With that said..

Here's some quick footage for you guys from yesterday. I still have to see what was recorded between me and the RSX but in the mean time, here are a few short and stupid links haha.

1) '87 CRX with I/E/Integra ECU vs '? 190e stock from a dig: Skip to 0:55 to just get to the race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BdlCSuN8h0

2) Random Rolling Video: Only like it cause of how nice the RSX looks. haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4JBIWoDJCQ

3) 40-85pull in my TL from a couple months back. Just a reference video, but that looked really slow. The car was not stripped at this point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYd2vF00SN4

Last edited by D's Up; 07-28-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
no bashing intended, but you might want to stay away throwing your car into "L." if you're running from a low roll and you're in second without a means to go into 1st, just jump the 3 honks and let your car bounce back into first. the jump is obviously meant to make time for the downshift from 2nd to 1st. another pointer, brake shifting does absolutely no good. I tried various times when I had mine and it only seemed to slow the car down more so; affirmed by a few members on AZine (there's a thread on it somewhere). i don't think i've ever raced an rsx-s in my TL (fully bolted on with comptech exhaust, richie's precats, jpipe and test pipe, 3.7 intake mani spacer, etc.) but i did however race oen in our '09 lexus rx350. it was rather embarrassing as i destroyed it by 2 car lengths from a 60 roll (not a bash on you at all!!!)
Old 07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
9 mpg.

Originally Posted by erick3
no bashing intended, but you might want to stay away throwing your car into "L." if you're running from a low roll and you're in second without a means to go into 1st, just jump the 3 honks and let your car bounce back into first. the jump is obviously meant to make time for the downshift from 2nd to 1st. another pointer, brake shifting does absolutely no good. I tried various times when I had mine and it only seemed to slow the car down more so; affirmed by a few members on AZine (there's a thread on it somewhere). i don't think i've ever raced an rsx-s in my TL (fully bolted on with comptech exhaust, richie's precats, jpipe and test pipe, 3.7 intake mani spacer, etc.) but i did however race oen in our '09 lexus rx350. it was rather embarrassing as i destroyed it by 2 car lengths from a 60 roll (not a bash on you at all!!!)
Nah, I'm not taking it like you're bashing on me. If anything you're looking out for me. And damn, here I was thinking RSX's are something mighty. I guess without K-pro they aren't much to worry about in a straight line.
Thanks Eric! By the way, it's time to start modding the G! I saw it in the background of those 2 TLs with Volks and it looked so stock. :/ hahaha
Old 07-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Safety Car

Nah, I'm not taking it like you're bashing on me. If anything you're looking out for me. And damn, here I was thinking RSX's are something mighty. I guess without K-pro they aren't much to worry about in a straight line.
Thanks Eric! By the way, it's time to start modding the G! I saw it in the background of those 2 TLs with Volks and it looked so stock. :/ hahaha
LOL indeed. You know that Black TL-S with the Bronze volks? He bought his car ONE month after I bought the G and he's almost DONE, aesthetically speaking, modding. I bought my car in late April. He bought his in freaking May - that's freaking 2 and a half months! Guess I'm lagging...

Anyways, have fun, and be safe DM!
By the way, any plans to mod?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:35 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Well, with I/RH/E they are quick. Even with I/E and the right driver they can be quick. There are some without Kpro in the 13s. They aren't anything to sleep on, that's for sure. With I/RH/E/RBC/Kpro they are some mean 4cyls and would give any FULL bolt on 6MT TL/TL-s a good run.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:35 PM
9 mpg.

LOL indeed. You know that Black TL-S with the Bronze volks? He bought his car ONE month after I bought the G and he's almost DONE, aesthetically speaking, modding. I bought my car in late April. He bought his in freaking May - that's freaking 2 and a half months! Guess I'm lagging...

Anyways, have fun, and be safe DM!
By the way, any plans to mod?
Dude, you're lagging..but then again who am I to speak? I've had my car since September '09 and it's basically stock. lol

I'll try to stay safe dude, thanks!
Umm as far as mods go, I'm so indecisive, trust me. Technically the car will be paid off in 2 years. Now options are:
1) Pay a higher car payment to pay it off quicker.
2) Mod it and let my dad take the car payment. RV6 V3 J-pipe, PCD's, and RV6 exhaust. Coils, Swaybar, A-spec kit. That's it..I think hhahaha
3) Pay it off in 2 years time as scheduled. The car will probably have around ~130,000 miles on it, if not more. lol. And then sell it and hop into something else, and it has to be stick.

See, I'm indecisive. Plus I just lost my job so I have to get a new one before I plan to do any of the above 3. hahaha
Old 07-28-2010, 03:37 PM
9 mpg.

Originally Posted by Sonnick
Well, with I/RH/E they are quick. Even with I/E and the right driver they can be quick. There are some without Kpro in the 13s. They aren't anything to sleep on, that's for sure. With I/RH/E/RBC/Kpro they are some mean 4cyls and would give any FULL bolt on 6MT TL/TL-s a good run.
That's what I expected and I still think that a Kpro RSX would wipe the floor with my TL's carcass.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im surprised you didn't beat the RSX my more, my 03 TL-s with exhaust and intake beats my buddies RSX-S 6MT with I/E everytime from a roll or dig and by more than you beat the one you raced. I beat it by more on a roll though due to longer gears and no good way to launch
Old 07-28-2010, 05:46 PM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

Originally Posted by notbrant
Im surprised you didn't beat the RSX my more, my 03 TL-s with exhaust and intake beats my buddies RSX-S 6MT with I/E everytime from a roll or dig and by more than you beat the one you raced. I beat it by more on a roll though due to longer gears and no good way to launch
The 02-03 TL-S is slightly faster than a 04-08 TL Base 5AT. The 02-04 RSX-S is slower than the 05-06 RSX-S. That might be the reason
Old 07-28-2010, 06:37 PM
9 mpg.

Well, I was brake torquing which I usually don't do otherwise I think I would've pulled a bit harder. And from the roll, Idk what to say. lol. Usually when I roll race, it's from 45-55mph in 2nd gear. haha. I'm just happy I beat him, cause he toasted my boy's 190E.

Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6
The 02-03 TL-S is slightly faster than a 04-08 TL Base 5AT. The 02-04 RSX-S is slower than the 05-06 RSX-S. That might be the reason
And there you have it, knowledge beyond mine...
lolololol
Old 07-28-2010, 06:41 PM
9 mpg.

Hey guys, random question. I have a friend who likes to play the "Whose dick is bigger game", except with cars. He's got a stock 2008 (99% sure) VW GTI that's auto with sport-shift. Now he keeps telling me how quick it is and how he beat two S2000's; 1 from a dig and 1 from a roll. And now, I said I'd race him too.

Did I bite off more than I can chew? lol

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Safety Car

^ yes unfortunately, you will lose. fi cars are plain cheats. torque at higher speeds do wonders for them. dsg is also pretty darn quick. he won't wipe the floor with you, but he'll pull.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Turd Polisher

I think he's bullshitting about the S2000s ..

GTIs (stock) are slow ... I think your TL will win .
Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 PM
9 mpg.

^ yes unfortunately, you will lose. fi cars are plain cheats. torque at higher speeds do wonders for them. dsg is also pretty darn quick. he won't wipe the floor with you, but he'll pull.
Fuuuuuuuuuu. lol

I think he's bullshitting about the S2000s ..

GTIs (stock) are slow ... I think your TL will win .
I hope he's bullshitting about the S2000's!! lol

I hope my TL wins.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Keep It Simple in

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Alex's white RSX?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
9 mpg.

Originally Posted by SLushhYYY
Alex's white RSX?
hahahahahahha yeah man. How'd you know?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Keep It Simple in

hahahahahahha yeah man. How'd you know?
lol haha just a geuss since he's lowered and has a Type-S

Nice kill though haha. I had my chances to race him, but I turned them down haha
Old 07-28-2010, 09:12 PM
9 mpg.

lol haha just a geuss since he's lowered and has a Type-S

Nice kill though haha. I had my chances to race him, but I turned them down haha
Yeah man, it was him. His car really does look and sound good.

Can you even race with your set-up? I thought you were too low when I saw you haha. I remember you trying to avoid running over a soda can hahaha.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Keep It Simple in

Yeah man, it was him. His car really does look and sound good.

Can you even race with your set-up? I thought you were too low when I saw you haha. I remember you trying to avoid running over a soda can hahaha.
It does look good haha miiinus the red honda emblems...nut thats just me haha

Dude..that was before, its lower now haha
I cant even fit me shoe under my front lip , racing my car would be the scariest thing ever on the streets haha

And yah, I ran over a crushed soda can and it banged up against the underside of my car :P

Start modding your car!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:18 PM
9 mpg.

*MODS:CAN YOU PLEASE ADD THIS TO THE ORIGINAL POST IT'S THE VIDEO OF THE RACE! *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW9rQ...layer_embedded
Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 AM
US Navy Seabees

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick
absolutely. as an ex RSX owner and forum member of for 4+ years I can attest to this..
Old 07-29-2010, 01:02 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Nice kills.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:17 AM
9 mpg.

absolutely. as an ex RSX owner and forum member of for 4+ years I can attest to this..
Trust me, I don't doubt them one bit. I actually still kind of want one. haha

Originally Posted by princelybug
Nice kills.
'Preciate it Scott!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:39 AM
Racer

You should beat the GTI since he is auto, I pull on my bosses after about 60mph, it takes me all of first to catch up, he beats me off the line, but my top end is nasty, well as nasty as an 03 TL-S can be lol, from a roll i beat a lot of cars that have better 1/4 times, I trap nearly 99mph after only mustering a best of 2.33 60ft.

I don't really believe in factory freaks in new cars, but from a roll ive beaten a MB C350(stock), LT1 Camaro(shitty sounding exhaust), s2000(stock, also uphill and the speed we took off favored me), auto 07 TL-S(stock), previous gen 540i, and also 330i from dig and roll

Last edited by notbrant; 07-29-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:55 AM
9 mpg.

You should beat the GTI since he is auto, I pull on my bosses after about 60mph, it takes me all of first to catch up, he beats me off the line, but my top end is nasty, well as nasty as an 03 TL-S can be lol, from a roll i beat a lot of cars that have better 1/4 times, I trap nearly 99mph after only mustering a best of 2.33 60ft.

I don't really believe in factory freaks in new cars, but from a roll ive beaten a MB C350(stock), LT1 Camaro(shitty sounding exhaust), s2000(stock, also uphill and the speed we took off favored me), auto 07 TL-S(stock), previous gen 540i, and also 330i from dig and roll
I hope so man. I'll definitely try to get it on video for you guys!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:01 AM
9 mpg.

It does look good haha miiinus the red honda emblems...nut thats just me haha

Dude..that was before, its lower now haha
I cant even fit me shoe under my front lip , racing my car would be the scariest thing ever on the streets haha

And yah, I ran over a crushed soda can and it banged up against the underside of my car :P

Start modding your car!
I don't mind the emblems too much on his car haha. Different strokes right? lol

Holy crap, you're real low. Let me see it in person bro. Rolling shots/video.

Damn..lol. now I know why you were so cautious that day.

I would, but I already explained the situation to Erick a few comments up!! haha
Old 07-29-2010, 07:27 AM
2008 335i e92 6MT

hmm i think the uphill helped you out some... my friend has an 05 rsx, the fastest rsx produced stock, and when we go from a 40-45 roll he usually gets the jump but we usually stay the same, so i guess its pretty close between our cars.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:41 AM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

Nice Vid type-dm! Very close.

Quick Reply: '06 RSX type-s vs '04 TL