Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'05 TL vs. '00 Prelude

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 12:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation '05 TL vs. '00 Prelude

I picked my friend up to have some dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen, and on my way there....I spotted this '00 prelude looking pretty smooth. It was dropped, it had an aftermarket exhaust, a carbon fiber hood, and presidential-like tinted windows. So I asked my friend if she minded that I'd show this prelude up a bit, and she insisted. I passed him up going about 60 (and this is on the side street), but there was no reponse. When I stopped at a stoplight to turn left, this guy pulls up right behind me and I thought to myself, "oh it's going down". When the light turned green, I turned left across the intersection slowly to see if this guy would finally bite, but unfortunately for me....he doesn't. SO what do i do? I drop a gear and gun it, just for show-off. Then I come to another stoplight and this guy pulls next to me. He starts reving and chirping like his car is all that, and I understand because he probably spent his savings fixing up his ride. As they taunt me with their reving and chirping, my friend looks at them, and they seem awestrucked looking at her (she's pretty btw). As the light turned green, we took off. He led me a bit for about the first 150 feet because he was riding a manual while i had my tiptronic transmission. Then as I topped out my 2nd gear, I shifted to 3rd and just left him. Sad part was, I didn't know that there were curves at the bottom of the hill that we were ridng and my car was raspy in hugging them. Advice to myself: I need to do something with my suspension. SO there you have it. '05 TL (stock) is the winner vs. the riced up '00 Prelude. =)
Old 07-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Hold the onions

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by itsjusj0hn
I picked my friend up to have some dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen, and on my way there....I spotted this '00 prelude looking pretty smooth. It was dropped, it had an aftermarket exhaust, a carbon fiber hood, and presidential-like tinted windows. So I asked my friend if she minded that I'd show this prelude up a bit, and she insisted. I passed him up going about 60 (and this is on the side street), but there was no reponse. When I stopped at a stoplight to turn left, this guy pulls up right behind me and I thought to myself, "oh it's going down". When the light turned green, I turned left across the intersection slowly to see if this guy would finally bite, but unfortunately for me....he doesn't. SO what do i do? I drop a gear and gun it, just for show-off. Then I come to another stoplight and this guy pulls next to me. He starts reving and chirping like his car is all that, and I understand because he probably spent his savings fixing up his ride. As they taunt me with their reving and chirping, my friend looks at them, and they seem awestrucked looking at her (she's pretty btw). As the light turned green, we took off. He led me a bit for about the first 150 feet because he was riding a manual while i had my tiptronic transmission. Then as I topped out my 2nd gear, I shifted to 3rd and just left him. Sad part was, I didn't know that there were curves at the bottom of the hill that we were ridng and my car was raspy in hugging them. Advice to myself: I need to do something with my suspension. SO there you have it. '05 TL (stock) is the winner vs. the riced up '00 Prelude. =)
Nice! Whats your friends name and #???
Old 07-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! Whats your friends name and #???

i was wondering the same thing
Old 08-10-2006, 09:11 PM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by erik_tedder
i was wondering the same thing