05 TL Colors

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010 | 09:20 AM
Racer

05 TL Colors

I have been looking at a 05 TL in Redondo Red Pearl. Car is in fantastic shape and a very good price. The ONLY thing that is making me hesitant is the color. It is beautiful but doesn't seem to be the most popular color. I guess my concern is the color doesn't have good resale or a following? Thoughts please.

Currently I am driving a black 03 G35 sedan. The TL overall is much nicer and more refined. I really like the TL.
Old 02-09-2010 | 10:36 AM
Senior Moderator

First off welcome to Acurazine

White Diamond Pearl and Nighthawk Black Pearl seem to be the most popular on this forum. The RRP is nice as well. I looked at it myself but ended up going with WDP, as my wife liked it better and I liked it as well. There are some members in here with RRP and really like it. I'd say, if you like it go for it. How long do you plan on keeping it? I mean if your already thinking about it's resale, you don't plan to keep it too long.
Old 02-09-2010 | 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator

welcome to the forums. the only thing that matters is that you like it. how long do you plan on keeping it?
Old 02-09-2010 | 11:48 AM
Racer

Thanks for the welcome.

I plan on keeping it at least 3 yrs. The only reason I ask to be honest is the dealer has had the car 3 months and reduced the price way down and still has not sold. Part of the reason could be the car is at a Honda dealer and not an Acura dealer I don't know. I always think about resale because dont want any surprises down the line if you know what I mean.
Old 02-09-2010 | 01:33 PM
Senior Moderator

does it have navi? auto or MT? what about the aspec (factory kit) body kit- does it have that?
Old 02-09-2010 | 02:04 PM
Instructor

Anthracite Metallic!!
Old 02-09-2010 | 03:01 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 2005_AM_TL
Anthracite Metallic!!
Definitely Anthracite or Silver.
Old 02-09-2010 | 03:40 PM
Q('.')=O

Originally Posted by sleeper22
I have been looking at a 05 TL in Redondo Red Pearl. Car is in fantastic shape and a very good price. The ONLY thing that is making me hesitant is the color. It is beautiful but doesn't seem to be the most popular color. I guess my concern is the color doesn't have good resale or a following? Thoughts please.

Currently I am driving a black 03 G35 sedan. The TL overall is much nicer and more refined. I really like the TL.
Popularity has nothing to do with it. What color do YOU like best is most important. Also, it is not that it isn't as 'popular', but more because there are much less RRPs out there than other colors such as white diamond pearl because less were made. (I'm pretty damn sure of that at least lol).

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
First off welcome to Acurazine

White Diamond Pearl and Nighthawk Black Pearl seem to be the most popular on this forum (other than SSM which is by far the best color). The RRP is nice as well. I looked at it myself but ended up going with WDP, as my wife liked it better and I liked it as well. There are some members in here with RRP and really like it. I'd say, if you like it go for it. How long do you plan on keeping it? I mean if your already thinking about it's resale, you don't plan to keep it too long.
Fixed.
Old 02-09-2010 | 04:17 PM
Team Owner

Sleeper, welcome to Acurazine. The Redondo Red Pearl is a rare and unique color-you just don't see very many of them around. That has to bode well-in your favor!
Old 02-09-2010 | 04:42 PM
Intermediate

Welcome to AZ

I went through the same thought process before I decided my RRP was the right car and color for me. There are days I wish I had a white or black or even blue car (with any shade variance) but then I think of it and, like Steven Bell said, this is a rare beautiful color that really drew lots of compliments and turned heads. I really like the RRP color.

One of the reasons the dealer lowered the car's price is really just because he needs to unload it and get the cash because just like any other car the value will keep dropping and yes it is less popular, not necessarily that the car is bad or he can't sell it. Trust me car dealers will sell their grandma too if they could paint them red ! j/k (luv u grammy!)

99% of the case when you buy a car you have to think of the resale value unless you honestly deep down know for a fact you are driving it to the dirt, regardless of the color or model or what have you. It doesn't matter if you keep it 2 years or 6 years, you must make a financial decision that will make your life easier in the future. If this car is a good (if not great) deal then it's only perception when it comes to what color you like most and how you feel driving it around.

The only thing I think of here and there now that I own it is that I'm limited in mods I can make to it compared to other colors (look-wise not mechanical or performance), besides that the RRP is as nice as them all.
Old 02-09-2010 | 05:15 PM
Former Whiner

Yup, if you decide to get the A-Spec Body kit (IMO is a must) you will have to get it custom painted to match.
Whereas, it is profusely easier to find one for the White (WDP) or Black (NBP) models due to the abundance.

Just rambling. But nonetheless, the TL is a great car. I simply love mine.
Old 02-09-2010 | 05:50 PM
Senior Moderator

^ who told you have to get a RRP ASPEC kit custom painted?
Old 02-09-2010 | 06:03 PM
Intermediate

i would buy it personal i like the color thats why i guess i brought the same color
Old 02-09-2010 | 06:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ggesq
does it have navi? auto or MT? what about the aspec (factory kit) body kit- does it have that?
No navi. Its an auto and all stock.
Old 02-09-2010 | 06:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by XhuLenTL
Welcome to AZ

I went through the same thought process before I decided my RRP was the right car and color for me. There are days I wish I had a white or black or even blue car (with any shade variance) but then I think of it and, like Steven Bell said, this is a rare beautiful color that really drew lots of compliments and turned heads. I really like the RRP color.

One of the reasons the dealer lowered the car's price is really just because he needs to unload it and get the cash because just like any other car the value will keep dropping and yes it is less popular, not necessarily that the car is bad or he can't sell it. Trust me car dealers will sell their grandma too if they could paint them red ! j/k (luv u grammy!)

99% of the case when you buy a car you have to think of the resale value unless you honestly deep down know for a fact you are driving it to the dirt, regardless of the color or model or what have you. It doesn't matter if you keep it 2 years or 6 years, you must make a financial decision that will make your life easier in the future. If this car is a good (if not great) deal then it's only perception when it comes to what color you like most and how you feel driving it around.

The only thing I think of here and there now that I own it is that I'm limited in mods I can make to it compared to other colors (look-wise not mechanical or performance), besides that the RRP is as nice as them all.
I totally agree with what you say here. I actually love the color as it has a richness to it and still maintains the sporty look. It is about 2K under what alot of the other colors are going for from what I can tell. Yes the price attracted me yet I DO like the color. The camel interior does blend well unlike alot of camel interiors I have seen with a darker dash.

Yes the dealer wants to unload it for sure. They are really amazed it hasn't sold yet and especially at this price. They have put a hold on the car and if weather permitting I will pick it up tomorrow. Its as good as sold

I like this site because there seems to alot of interaction or activity unlike some of the other Acura forums.
Old 02-09-2010 | 06:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CHHUM
i would buy it personal i like the color thats why i guess i brought the same color
Good taste of color
Old 02-09-2010 | 06:53 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Sleeper, welcome to Acurazine. The Redondo Red Pearl is a rare and unique color-you just don't see very many of them around. That has to bode well-in your favor!
Actually I have not seen any around here. Mainly black, white or silver.

I drove a silver with black interior this past weekend. Loved the color combo but the car had very cheap tires with alot of tread left and had some vibration between 75-80. I am picky when it comes to tires.

I do really like the way the TL drives. It doesn't have the torque my 03 G35 has thats for sure but overall is a more refined car with alot of options that the G35 doesn't it. More car for the money. The G35 is probably more fun to drive because of the RWD but I think I will be happier in the TL
Old 02-10-2010 | 06:55 PM
Racer

Picked it up today. Its home in the garage now.

I have noticed its a little harder to see traffic when looking over your shoulder than the G35. The FWD is going to take some getting used to now coming from a RWD car but the added traction in snow will be a HUGE plus. The TL maybe heavier than the G35 but feels more planted and solid. The interior is no contest in comparison to the 03-06 G35 model years. It does pull to the left some so I would imagine it needs an alignment don't you think?
Old 02-10-2010 | 10:37 PM
Team Owner

Picked it up today. Its home in the garage now.
It does pull to the left some so I would imagine it needs an alignment don't you think?

Possibly, you might check your tire pressure too. Be sure to post some pictures.
Old 02-11-2010 | 09:27 AM
Racer

I will check the pressure. Hopefully the dealer checked it before I picked it up. Here is the dealer link to the car:

http://superiorhondastore.com/used/A...21891ef1e4.htm
Old 02-11-2010 | 11:02 AM
Senior Moderator

looks good- congrats!!
Old 02-11-2010 | 11:07 AM
Instructor

Actually I have not seen any around here. Mainly black, white or silver.

I drove a silver with black interior this past weekend. Loved the color combo but the car had very cheap tires with alot of tread left and had some vibration between 75-80. I am picky when it comes to tires.

I do really like the way the TL drives. It doesn't have the torque my 03 G35 has thats for sure but overall is a more refined car with alot of options that the G35 doesn't it. More car for the money. The G35 is probably more fun to drive because of the RWD but I think I will be happier in the TL
Could just have been in accidents.. Which would also explain why the price was so low.
Old 02-11-2010 | 12:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by justinl401
Could just have been in accidents.. Which would also explain why the price was so low.
I think it was rebuilt twice...lol. No, the Carfax was one owner and NO accidents.
Old 02-11-2010 | 12:33 PM
2nd Gear

I'm glad you chose the RRP. I have an '06 RRP and it still looks, feels and drives like a brand new car. I am in love with the color and the color and camel interior are exactly why I chose that TL. Yours looks exactly like mine. Good price, too.

No offense to anyone else, of course, but I didn't want the white, black, anthracite or silver. I wanted to be different and as soon as I saw the RRP I knew it was perfect. And I wanted to stay away from the black or gray interiors. I love the warm richness of the camel. I'm also glad that the RRP is not a common color. No matter what the reasons are for only a few RRPs out there compared to the other colors, I'm glad for it!

Yeah, I think everyone sees other TLs in different colors and for a second wishes he went with a diff color. But really, the TL is such a spectacular looking car that it really does look good in all colors. So good choice!
Old 02-11-2010 | 02:28 PM
Racer

Thanks KGags. I do like the richness of the RRP and the integration of the camel with the black dash. Some camel/beige interiors do not blend well when you have a darker dash.

I did notice yesterday on the way home from Cincy to Lexington some chick was driving a gray TL and she came from no where and caught up to me. Hell maybe she was surprised at the RRP...lol.
Old 02-11-2010 | 06:38 PM
Intermediate

Am i the only one that has a ebony interior in their RRP because all i have heard is RRP with Camel and parchment
Old 02-11-2010 | 07:56 PM
Racer

Never seen the Ebony interior. I bet it looks great?