3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 TL with Rear Entertainment System

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good Qatar. Well done. Can you watch the dvd in the Navi screen up front as well? Gives us the details.

As far as paying more for the DVD unit, don't even worry about it. So you paid alittle more. If you are really happy with the end product, consider it gratuity for a job well done.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Intermediate

Nice install. You should learn how to use the macro function on the camera.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:55 AM
JDM FREAK

Wow, i got a lot of questions to answer.
For the wheels question, i have the A-SPEC package on, and those are the rims that come with it, and you can find them in Acura website under accessories and they are 18 inch.
And the reason why i didn't go with a dual screen ceiling mount and do not recommend anybody getting them is because of the TL ceiling nature, i want you guys to look at the TL ceiling right above the driver's head and in between the mmonroof and the passenger reading light and just tap on, the whole ceiling will shake, so how would you be able to escape all the rattling, thats if the ceiling can take the weight.
As for the color of the headrests, like i said before, if you are not a TL owner, you won't even notice that its not a stock headrest, and i agree that the TL headrest look a lot better, but thats what i have on right now.
And the multi-colored packets are air freshners, i have about 16 underneath the front two seats.
Finally, i don't regret how much i paid, because they did a great job and i'm totally satisfied, so i won't even look back. I bought that cam specially to take pic's of my baby, but it seems that i need to put more time into it (i only touch the cam when its picture time)
And you guys don't have to chase me, if you are around VA, we can meet and i'll be glad to show you my car.
Hope all enjoy
Old 05-15-2004, 10:07 AM
JDM FREAK

I didn't want anybody to temper with my Navi, because as i was told, once you add or connect anything to it, you lose the warrenty, and i believe that my Navi screen is more than enough in the front, and i feel like watching a movie, i'll just park and sit in the back.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:44 PM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by boltjames
I'm in the process of installing this, but am having trouble locating the ceiling mount:

http://www.realdoll.com

Should I go trunk mount? Might be better in the rear.

BJ
B.J. - You're sick and twisted. Your postings will aways be appreciated!
Old 05-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Intermediate

Sound... 5.1???

I know that you are using a modulater to get the sound, but do you get 5.1 when you watch a dvd? Also, does anyone know, when the blitzsafe adaptor comes out will it be capable of 5.1....????
Old 05-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Intermediate

bump

Bump...
Old 05-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Instructor

yea what he said... I'll only be jealous if you get surround sound! Do you get surround sound? or only stereo?

I'm fine with just bringing a laptop for long trips and play DVDs on that for whoever wants to watch movies, and hooking up the auxilary through the tape player for sound. The quality sounds CD quality to me even though it goes through the tape!! Bigger screen too! (15" widescreen!) hooked up to a $30 Ac/DC converter..Course you gotta hold it on yer lap while you watch.. And hey I just saved $2700! :thefinger Oh and hooking up a portable Dell mp3 player (that holds 22gigs worth of Mp3s) and play that through the tape sounds CD-Quality too! Feels good to utilize the tape player! when at first I was liek why the hell are they still putting tape players in these cars!