Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 Tl-s (h) Vs. 98 Gsr I/h/e

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 Tl-s (h) Vs. 98 Gsr I/h/e

well me and my homie are both stationed in the u.k, today after work we decide to go to the hi-way and see wazup. so we get on doin about 40 three honks, and were off, dead even all the way to about 85 when i start to pull on him, just alittle, we get goin to about 130 and i got him by about 5 cars. and we shut down. well we decide to go to a place by his house, and go from a dig, first race-- i had vss off and in d5 he honked and we were off, he spun thru about 1/4 of first gear, and i immediatly get about 2 cars up on him, and kept pulling till we shut down at about 90 when i had 4-5 cars on him. we turn around and go again this time im in ss and i honk, we hit it and i pull about a car on him then the car automatically shifts into second (which i forgot it does), and almost immediatly , i hit the + and it goes into third, so he pulls up to about my passanger door, then my displacment kicks in again and i start pullin away, but i only got about 1 car on him at the end of that race. well, thats my racing story of the day.. any input, should i have won by more or should he have kicked my ass, or what?
Old 12-07-2006, 11:19 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Whoa, first of all, I'm surprised you have a TL Type S in England. Do they sell those there? Or are they under the name Honda Inspire/Saber? Or did you import one? Sorry for so many questions.

Anyways, comparison with the numbers (assuming both are stock):

TL-S has 90hp more
TL-S has 100+lbs/ft torque more
TL-S is about 800-1000lbs heavier
TL-S can do 0-60 and 1/4 mile in 6.2s and 14.8 s respectively
ITR has pretty much the same 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers (if not slower)
GS-R is slower than ITR

BUT, his GS-R is modded, and I have no idea how much gain he would get by having I/H/E. But from my prediction, a TL-S gains 30-40hp with the same mods, so, the GS-R IMO would gain about 20-30 hp (wild guess here, again, I'm not sure). That means his GS-R should be making 170hp (stock) + 20-30hp = 190-200hp. That means the same output as the ITR.

Your TL is also modded too, and I believe (from reading all of these forums) that the gain is about 15hp. So, I guess it's fair to say you are making at least 270hp? That means you still have 70hp on him.

Even though you are carrying more weight, the extra torque and hp are more than enough to compensate. Also, because of his lack of low end torque, he might have a hard time launching his car quickly. This explains why you managed to pull 2 cars up on him.

My guess is, if he were a better shifter, he might be closer to you, but still, he shouldnt be able to beat you. Sure he has 190-200hp, which is the same as ITR, but the GS-R is slightly heavier. Other factors such as less "racy" gearing and less grippier tires make the GS-R even slower when compared to the ITR. In other words, if the TL type S is as fast as the ITR, but the modded GS-R we are talking about here is slower than the ITR, then it's obvious that the GS-R is also slower than the TL Type S.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Sorry to threadjack, but my neighbor's boyfriend has a yellow ITR. I can see his exhaust, but I've never seen it or heard it move. I didnt see a FMIC, so thats a good sign, and I never got close enough to check for a gauge pillar. So, I guess i'll be stalking his car. But I made sure to park on the street right infront of him last time, so he knew he wasnt the uncontested king of the block.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by iforyou
Whoa, first of all, I'm surprised you have a TL Type S in England. Do they sell those there? Or are they under the name Honda Inspire/Saber? Or did you import one? Sorry for so many questions.

Anyways, comparison with the numbers (assuming both are stock):

TL-S has 90hp more
TL-S has 100+lbs/ft torque more
TL-S is about 800-1000lbs heavier
TL-S can do 0-60 and 1/4 mile in 6.2s and 14.8 s respectively
ITR has pretty much the same 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers (if not slower)
GS-R is slower than ITR

BUT, his GS-R is modded, and I have no idea how much gain he would get by having I/H/E. But from my prediction, a TL-S gains 30-40hp with the same mods, so, the GS-R IMO would gain about 20-30 hp (wild guess here, again, I'm not sure). That means his GS-R should be making 170hp (stock) + 20-30hp = 190-200hp. That means the same output as the ITR.

Your TL is also modded too, and I believe (from reading all of these forums) that the gain is about 15hp. So, I guess it's fair to say you are making at least 270hp? That means you still have 70hp on him.

Even though you are carrying more weight, the extra torque and hp are more than enough to compensate. Also, because of his lack of low end torque, he might have a hard time launching his car quickly. This explains why you managed to pull 2 cars up on him.

My guess is, if he were a better shifter, he might be closer to you, but still, he shouldnt be able to beat you. Sure he has 190-200hp, which is the same as ITR, but the GS-R is slightly heavier. Other factors such as less "racy" gearing and less grippier tires make the GS-R even slower when compared to the ITR. In other words, if the TL type S is as fast as the ITR, but the modded GS-R we are talking about here is slower than the ITR, then it's obvious that the GS-R is also slower than the TL Type S.

im in the airforce and i had it shipped here from florida. theres actually 4 tl-s's and 2 cl-s's on base. which really surprised me. the britts are all curious about what it is.. they pull up and try to look thru the tint, or they pull up and rev up on me, then they take off and i let them get like 1 car up and i pull hard on them... but those numbers you were layin down make sence, im ordering a cai and a full exhaust so well see whats up after that.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Just chillen..

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would put my money on you.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:22 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by wilp99
im in the airforce and i had it shipped here from florida. theres actually 4 tl-s's and 2 cl-s's on base. which really surprised me. the britts are all curious about what it is.. they pull up and try to look thru the tint, or they pull up and rev up on me, then they take off and i let them get like 1 car up and i pull hard on them... but those numbers you were layin down make sence, im ordering a cai and a full exhaust so well see whats up after that.
So I guess Acura is pretty rare in England? And if I remember correctly, the cars there are right-hand drive right?

Good luck man with those mods your car should then be making about 300hp.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:42 AM
03' NBP TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this isn't really a kill.. u should take him easily from a roll.. might be tighter from a dig.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:41 AM
Safety Car

thats pretty much how it worked out...

i plan on getting a full exhaust and cai during incometax time, so hopefully that will help fight against his g35.