Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[video] chase ---- dunno whose TL...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by TCMS
And that 13.8@102 is a joke for a vette. I could go faster in a 3.23 geared auto.

109 mph traps in my stock m6.

A bunch of cars do better at the track than the magazines get with them. The G and the Vette included. I've seen magazines clock the new v8 Grand Prix GXP at 6.0 0-60 and 14.6 in the quarter, but I"ve also seen actual owners get 13.8 at the track.

As for the TL vs G. My wife has an 05' TL. She thinks that my G is faster than her TL too. We've been known to hit it once in a while when we cross paths on the way home. There's a long straight backroad by our house. I walked her almost every time.

If you gun it from a roll with an 5AT G, the G should be in manual mode, because it won't always dowshift 2 gears right away. I've noticed this when playing around. If I just gun it in auto-mode, my wife has an easier time keeping up. If I gun it and shift manually my wife has never kept up. However, depending on the speed and local street conditions, I've punched it in full auto-mode before with my G, and busted the back-end loose. It wasn't even when it shifted. It was while accelerating. The tires just let go around 5500rpm or so. Scared the crap out of me. Pavement might have been a little wet, but I was passing some guys doing about 15 under the limit.

Personally I think the G is just trickier to launch than the TL is. I've never had these issues when I drive the TL, pretty much just point and shoot. Another thing I noticed is that in full-auto mode, I can never chirp the shifts. If I turn the VDC off, I can chirp the 1-2 and 2-3 shift in manual mode rather easily. I've never been able to do that in the TL, but it could've been becaues it auto shifted the 1-2 shift.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by avs007
A bunch of cars do better at the track than the magazines get with them. The G and the Vette included. I've seen magazines clock the new v8 Grand Prix GXP at 6.0 0-60 and 14.6 in the quarter, but I"ve also seen actual owners get 13.8 at the track.

As for the TL vs G. My wife has an 05' TL. She thinks that my G is faster than her TL too. We've been known to hit it once in a while when we cross paths on the way home. There's a long straight backroad by our house. I walked her almost every time.

If you gun it from a roll with an 5AT G, the G should be in manual mode, because it won't always dowshift 2 gears right away. I've noticed this when playing around. If I just gun it in auto-mode, my wife has an easier time keeping up. If I gun it and shift manually my wife has never kept up. However, depending on the speed and local street conditions, I've punched it in full auto-mode before with my G, and busted the back-end loose. It wasn't even when it shifted. It was while accelerating. The tires just let go around 5500rpm or so. Scared the crap out of me. Pavement might have been a little wet, but I was passing some guys doing about 15 under the limit.

Personally I think the G is just trickier to launch than the TL is. I've never had these issues when I drive the TL, pretty much just point and shoot. Another thing I noticed is that in full-auto mode, I can never chirp the shifts. If I turn the VDC off, I can chirp the 1-2 and 2-3 shift in manual mode rather easily. I've never been able to do that in the TL, but it could've been becaues it auto shifted the 1-2 shift.
I dont understand how anyone with any launching experience can say this. The G is SO EASY to launch it's ridiculous. The TL sucks by comparison and it should. Forget even FWD vs. RWD just look at the power curves. As for your experience TL v. G that's your own, I have YET to be pulled by any auto G. Hopefully this summer my buddies coupe will beat me on video and then pull my c5!

Im not sure what your magazine claim has to do with anything? Every reputable mag has a 6 speed c5 in the low 13's at near 110 mph. Im still waiting for this guy that says a g35 coupe beats a vette 'vert.

As for the GXP, yes we've seen ONE go 13's, the rest are 14.1-14.3. Averages work better than best times.

If we want to compare best times how about 12.6@114 for a stock c5, what do we get with the G? 101 mph traps? Wow.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Drifting

I dont understand how anyone with any launching experience can say this. The G is SO EASY to launch it's ridiculous.
If it's so easy to launch, then what's the point of bracket racing? "So easy" implies you just floor it and call it a day. You do that, and you'll spin the car around.

As for your experience TL v. G that's your own, I have YET to be pulled by any auto G.
Do you own both a G and a TL? So every G you've run, must've been giving you 100% and knew what they were doing right? I guess since I actually own both and run them both, my experience doesn't mean anything. I actually know what's going on in each car and can eliminate certain variables, such as driver skill and occupancy weight, cause we can just switch cars.

Im not sure what your magazine claim has to do with anything? Every reputable mag has a 6 speed c5 in the low 13's at near 110 mph.
Jeez, I was just agreeing with you that 13.8 seemed a little high for the C5. I was just saying that real-world numbers can be faster than what mags get. Like when C&D couldn't get 4.6 with the CTS-V even though GM claimed it. GM even sent some guys over to show C&D how they launched it to get a 4.6.

Im still waiting for this guy that says a g35 coupe beats a vette 'vert.

As for the GXP, yes we've seen ONE go 13's, the rest are 14.1-14.3. Averages work better than best times.

If we want to compare best times how about 12.6@114 for a stock c5, what do we get with the G? 101 mph traps? Wow.
Nowhere did i claim or support that the G was faster than a C5. I was actually agreeing that the C5 was faster than 13.8. Take some chill pills and relax.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Drifting

Head over to the GXP boards, and you can find slips from many more than just "one" in the 13's. There was even a guy that got a 13.9 on their very first run at the track in their life.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Banned

If it's so easy to launch, then what's the point of bracket racing? "So easy" implies you just floor it and call it a day. You do that, and you'll spin the car around.

Do you own both a G and a TL? So every G you've run, must've been giving you 100% and knew what they were doing right? I guess since I actually own both and run them both, my experience doesn't mean anything. I actually know what's going on in each car and can eliminate certain variables, such as driver skill and occupancy weight, cause we can just switch cars.

Jeez, I was just agreeing with you that 13.8 seemed a little high for the C5. I was just saying that real-world numbers can be faster than what mags get. Like when C&D couldn't get 4.6 with the CTS-V even though GM claimed it. GM even sent some guys over to show C&D how they launched it to get a 4.6.

Nowhere did i claim or support that the G was faster than a C5. I was actually agreeing that the C5 was faster than 13.8. Take some chill pills and relax.

Those variables are easily eliminated when you have a race with a friend. Like I said, I'll perhaps get a chance to video some of that this summer. (And any claim against a G35 for these purposes is against someone that was there to race/have fun)

As for the GXP, Im on plenty of GM boards, 13's arent average and average is what we're trying to get to here. Average G, average TL, etc.

Also, I wouldnt consider myself as experienced as someone that drives a G35 every day, however since I've spent weeks at a time with G35's due to loaner situations for my I35 sport (that I used to own) I can say I have plenty of experience launching the car. Not to mention I get the opporunity to play around with a friends' G35C plenty. A little feathering of the throttle on a nice torque and you're gone, it's much easier than FWD torquesteer vehicle. (Heck the I35 was MUCH worse than both the TL and the G)

I guarantee that I could outlaunch just about any FWD car (stock) with a G35 coupe or sedan) (RWD)
Old 01-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

Actually, they have been. The 03-04' G35's have dynoed a little under 240 hp to the wheels. The 05+ have dynoed 253 to the wheels. There is also a new MREV mod for the G35, that has proven to be the best bang for the buck. It has been dyno proven to add 20hp/30torque to the wheels for the 298 hp engine. Most of the gains were in the 4500rpm range too, so it's not all up top, as I"m not talking about gains at the peak.

Even for the non 298hp engine, the Motordyne ISO thermal has been dyno proven to add around 15hp to the wheels in the same RPM range.

I'm talking stock, so I dont care what the best bang for the buck mod is.

You are claiming that the 03-04 G35's are dynoing just under 240? That's funny because the first few dyno's that pop up on my searches show less than that for modified vehicles.

2005 G35 Sedan AT 232whp
alphawerks headers,
kinetix plenium,
kinetix cat,
and y pipe

2003.5 G35 Sedan AT 230whp
Stillen dual catback
Motordyne 1/2" spacer
Z-Tube/KN
UR pulley set
10 wireGrounding Kit

G35 driver quote, "Most stock 5AT sedans see 215whp" Dave B

2005 G35 Coupe 234.95whp
UT Carbon Fiber G Tube with K/N Filter and
Gordgee's 10 Wire Grounding Kit.

2005 G35 Sedan AT 217.21whp
Z-tube
Stillen exhaust
and Crawford high-flow cats

2005 G35 Coupe MT 253WHP
JWT filter
HKS Hi-Power exhaust
Labree Test pipes w/ resonators

So they're not even pulling the dyno numbers you're claiming stock, with modifications.
Perhaps you met to say modified? Hmmmm.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Drifting

So they're not even pulling the dyno numbers you're claiming stock, with modifications.
Like I said, do you own a G35? Have you taken one to a dyno run? If not, then stfu. After all comparisons from one run to another, on different dynos, etc, must be all the same and comparable right?

And why are we even debating this? Because you can't believe that a G35 is faster than a TL? Fine believe what you want. I've seen people on these boards claim that they've beaten E46 M3's and sh!t stock too, so whatever, believe what you want.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Drifting

And if you read the stupid post, the point was not the exact number pulled by the car. The point was that the 298hp motor dynoed more than the 280hp one.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Banned

Like I said, do you own a G35? Have you taken one to a dyno run? If not, then stfu. After all comparisons from one run to another, on different dynos, etc, must be all the same and comparable right?

Oh, so now because I dont own a G35 my information must be wrong? Wait, so since I havent "dyno'd" one I must be wrong as well? There goes your credibility.
If your point was just to prove that one gen. pulls better numbers than the other, all you had to do was tell me the differences that allowed Nissan to claim the different numbers. Instead you quoted dyno numbers that arent CLOSE to what the G sites show. Period, end of story.

The facts are these cars are VERY close by way of performance. I guess Im just lucky that I didnt have to buy a G35 or TL for speed purposes. (Pat on my back)

And why are we even debating this? Because you can't believe that a G35 is faster than a TL? Fine believe what you want. I've seen people on these boards claim that they've beaten E46 M3's and sh!t stock too, so whatever, believe what you want
If we didnt have plenty of stock 6 speeds running near 14.0@99 I would say you were right. I dont know if you realized this but 100-99 or 97-96, are close enough that driver makes a difference.

FYI that M3 claim is just as big of bullshit as the douchebag G35 owner claiming his coupe is as fast as a vette 'vert.

I'll make sure when I post the video of my G35 coupe experience I'll send you a PM so you can either laugh at me for being wrong, or get laughed at for being a douche bag. (My money is on you getting laughed at)

2 Weeks in a G35 gives me enough "Creditials" to know about how they launch. Especially when they dont take much skill.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Drifting

Oh, so now because I dont own a G35 my information must be wrong? Wait, so since I havent "dyno'd" one I must be wrong as well? There goes your credibility.
Did I say you were wrong? No! The way you blew up the text made it look like you thought I had no idea what I was talking about, or that I was lying. Did you not notice the part about different dynos, different test procedures, etc?

If your point was just to prove that one gen. pulls better numbers than the other, all you had to do was tell me the differences that allowed Nissan to claim the different numbers.
In case you didn't notice, that's what I did.

Instead you quoted dyno numbers that arent CLOSE to what the G sites show. Period, end of story.
The hell are you talking about? End of story? I was just showing that the 05+ motors actually dynoed higher than the previous motors, because we dynoed the cars the same day. I went with my manager who's a supra nut. We brought other people in our lab too, since we had some gear heads among us.

It doesn't matter that the numbers were different than the ones you found on the internet. It's not like all dynos report the exact same number. All I was illustrating was the 298hp motor dynoing higher than the 280hp motor. That's it.

The facts are these cars are VERY close by way of performance. I guess Im just lucky that I didnt have to buy a G35 or TL for speed purposes. (Pat on my back)
Did I ever argue that point? You were the one that said that you have yet to get pulled on by a G35, and that the 298hp is unsubstantiated.

I'll make sure when I post the video of my G35 coupe experience I'll send you a PM so you can either laugh at me for being wrong, or get laughed at for being a douche bag. (My money is on you getting laughed at)
Nice to see if you beat your "friend's" G35 with your TL, that is somehow more credible then me beating my own TL with my own G35. You blew me off like I was some goober that doesn't know what I'm talking about, but if you can somehow beat a G35 with your TL, that means that all TLs are faster than all G35s
Old 01-25-2006, 11:52 PM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I posted this up was just because i thought it was interesting, and tried to share with u guys,

Please don't be so serious, just for fun guys,

Peace!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Banned

Nice to see if you beat your "friend's" G35 with your TL, that is somehow more credible then me beating my own TL with my own G35. You blew me off like I was some goober that doesn't know what I'm talking about, but if you can somehow beat a G35 with your TL, that means that all TLs are faster than all G35s
So how, after I say that they are nearly identical by way of stock performance, do you then come up with the conclusion that just because I may beat or not beat a 'friends' G makes me think I can beat all G's?
Old 01-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Why don't you guys cool it, avs007 and TCMS?

You know you're not going to convince each other. G35 and TL are both good cars in their own right. So leave it at that.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Intermediate

I can beat G35 coupe autos all day.. haha..
Old 01-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Drifting

So how, after I say that they are nearly identical by way of stock performance, do you then come up with the conclusion that just because I may beat or not beat a 'friends' G makes me think I can beat all G's?
First of all, you were the one that said you have "yet" to be pulled by any G35. I was just giving my (any my wife's) opinion because we own both cars. I know the cars are relatively close in performance.

Despite the fact that you said the cars are nearly identical, why would you say I would look like a douchebag if you beat a G35 with your TL? If it's a driver's race, and you can flip-flop on the results, than nobody should be looking like a douchebag. And if you really believed they were identical in performance, why would you say "your money is on me looking like a douche"?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:56 AM
tTLiang

sigh....this poor dead horse's been beaten for the 1000th time at least.....sigh. i still enjoy good/bad opinions very much even tho it's a dead horse. but flame wars between just 2 people please use PM/email/race track to settle. u'll be surprised how little other people care about rhetoric.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Banned

First of all, you were the one that said you have "yet" to be pulled by any G35. I was just giving my (any my wife's) opinion because we own both cars. I know the cars are relatively close in performance.

Despite the fact that you said the cars are nearly identical, why would you say I would look like a douchebag if you beat a G35 with your TL? If it's a driver's race, and you can flip-flop on the results, than nobody should be looking like a douchebag. And if you really believed they were identical in performance, why would you say "your money is on me looking like a douche"?
Simply because my friend has zero track experience and I am certain has no idea of his thumb from his ass when it comes to launching a car. Simple enough.

I said you would look like a douchebag because the overall tone of your posts, in my opinion, were very "TL isnt capable against the g35." Obviously this has changed since we've agreed they are very close in stock performance.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:06 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by mio
I posted this up was just because i thought it was interesting, and tried to share with u guys,

Please don't be so serious, just for fun guys,

Peace!
I think we have lost sight of that intent...in the meantime

Old 01-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
:ibtl:
Old 01-26-2006, 04:40 PM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
I think we have lost sight of that intent...in the meantime

Old 01-26-2006, 06:21 PM
matty's '02TL

Funny.

The video's a joke, right? There's not enough room between those cars ( and the school buses) even for a porsche to get a full car length ahead of this guy in that little time. I'm willing to race, but not at the expense of totaling my car.

This is obviously hickville, where 2 lanes="a freeway?"
I just don't get it. Wait until 3 in the morning when you have enough room. (and 5 lanes)

What was the TL supposed to do? Fly over him?
Old 01-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hahhahahaa ... this thread is rediculous ... the 04 G35s is about the same as a 04+ TL stock for stock performance wise ... END OF STORY! It's a drivers race so stfu!

I have been pulled on by one of those but that is because he caught me off guard. He was in front of me and waaaay into his powerband before I decided I wanted a go.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Instructor

Guys look.

I'm am only going off my personal experience with these 3 cars.

The 99 E36 M3 was very quick for only having 240hp/236tor

Now as far as the G35 cpe 6mt is concerned. This was a car I OWNED. Yes, I was being stupid at 3am racing, down the 90/2 east shoreway in Cleveland, a c5 vette vert. But I actually pulled ahead through 3rd and 4th gears(70-125mph prolly). We did this on 3 or 4 occasions.

I'm only sharing my experience. Not just stating random opinions. So please coolout on the derogatory comments.

Don't get me wrong, I love the TL. Wouldn't have purchased it otherwise.

I understand trying to protect your auto turf so-to-speak, but COME ON, it is not like someone is disrespecting your mom or something. Some people always comment on, "How the TL driver isn't even getting 'on it'" How do you know? You can say, "That vette vert driver would have toasted you if he was serious." Riiiiiiiiight....he let off just enough for me to pull on him....riiiiiiiight. He and I were ADULTS, we had some fun. We kept on racing slowing down, giving the thumbs up, talking, admiring the others' car etc etc. He said he was impressed at how fast it was.

TCMS, You seem like the guy that when he loses tries to pick a fight and be a badass or something. What's with the attitude? Review all you posts in this thread. You are an assclown. You are the fat kid that takes his ball home when things don't go your way.

Everyone else. I really meant no disrespect.

miiipilot
Old 01-26-2006, 09:00 PM
tTLiang

omg. I thought this thread was gonna die down. please guys, we all know how it goes on the street. this is not paper racing. the c5 needs a tuning that's all. people said it and i'll say it again. TL/G 6mt are very similar in drag performance. both are good cars holding its own. there are way faster cars and motorcycles all over the earth. can we just leave it like that? please don't make this thread more stupid than it already is.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by miiipilot
Guys look.

I'm am only going off my personal experience with these 3 cars.

The 99 E36 M3 was very quick for only having 240hp/236tor

Now as far as the G35 cpe 6mt is concerned. This was a car I OWNED. Yes, I was being stupid at 3am racing, down the 90/2 east shoreway in Cleveland, a c5 vette vert. But I actually pulled ahead through 3rd and 4th gears(70-125mph prolly). We did this on 3 or 4 occasions.

I'm only sharing my experience. Not just stating random opinions. So please coolout on the derogatory comments.

Don't get me wrong, I love the TL. Wouldn't have purchased it otherwise.

I understand trying to protect your auto turf so-to-speak, but COME ON, it is not like someone is disrespecting your mom or something. Some people always comment on, "How the TL driver isn't even getting 'on it'" How do you know? You can say, "That vette vert driver would have toasted you if he was serious." Riiiiiiiiight....he let off just enough for me to pull on him....riiiiiiiight. He and I were ADULTS, we had some fun. We kept on racing slowing down, giving the thumbs up, talking, admiring the others' car etc etc. He said he was impressed at how fast it was.

TCMS, You seem like the guy that when he loses tries to pick a fight and be a badass or something. What's with the attitude? Review all you posts in this thread. You are an assclown. You are the fat kid that takes his ball home when things don't go your way.

Everyone else. I really meant no disrespect.

miiipilot
The fat kid? Right.

You're delusional. The fact that you came back here to say that you still pulled a c5 isnt the bad part, what's bad is that you fail to mention that you realize he must have been sick or he wasnt trying and fucking with you. Wait, it was an adult driver that means it must have happened!

THE ONLY WAY YOU PULL A C5 IN YOUR STOCK G35 IS IF HE PULLED A PLUG.

The SLOWEST stock vette out traps you by 5 mph even if you give yourself the fastest trap speed ever seen for a stock G35. Honestly, leave already you're a waste of time.

FYI, when you say that a VETTE driver was impressed by how fast your stock G35 was you really lose ALL credibility here.

On another note, you think I care if you think Im an assclown on here? My opinion is pretty standard and it sure seems Im not the only one with that opinion of your posts. By the way, I'm the guy that doesnt lose.

So take your G35 > C5 shit somewhere else.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Banned

Here are a few objective facts.

G35 6 speed 0-100 15.05
C5 6 speed 'Vert 0-100 11.0
Toyota Corolla 0-100 19.4

I dont think you quite realize the speed difference there. So when you claim that you're hanging with one because you have super driving skill, from a roll none the less, you really are ridiculous.

Honestly, that's like me saying a Toyota Corolla hung with a G35 6 speed from a roll and it must be true because it was an adult. (Seriously)

Now before you counter let me remind you, the ls1 is not a motor that loses it's breath up top.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Very clever how Acurazine disguises itself as a discussion board for Acura enthusiasts.

The truth has been revealed at last!!

Old 01-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Very clever how Acurazine disguises itself as a discussion board for Acura enthusiasts.

The truth has been revealed at last!!

This thread just needs to get locked.

I cant even believe I'm debating with this guy about why his G35 coupe is not as fast as a Vette.

I'd much rather make fun of him for living in his mom's basement.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
This thread just needs to get locked.

I cant even believe I'm debating with this guy about why his G35 coupe is not as fast as a Vette.

I'd much rather make fun of him for living in his mom's basement.
At the end of the day, the important thing is that Martina Hingis looked pretty sharp for someone who hasn't played in a Grand Slam tournament for over 3 years. But she really needs to work on that serve.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Instructor

TCMS

I said we (the vette driver and me) were adults. We had some fun. No bitter feelings. We enjoyed the speed and goading of it. This was an experience of mine, that's it.

However, you are the, "I never lose" guy. What a fucking child.

Please stomp your feet some more for us.

miiipilot
Old 01-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by miiipilot
TCMS

I said we (the vette driver and me) were adults. We had some fun. No bitter feelings. We enjoyed the speed and goading of it. This was an experience of mine, that's it.

However, you are the, "I never lose" guy. What a fucking child.

Please stomp your feet some more for us.

miiipilot

Your experience has as much credibility as some guy on the Toyota Corolla board pulling a g35 coupe 6 speed from a roll in his stock Corolla.

Putz.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:48 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The Jerry Springer Show "participant department" will be calling soon.....
Old 01-27-2006, 12:29 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
I beat a Ferrari Imola on I-75 the other day. Bitch had nothing on me.

oh so that was you huh?
Old 01-27-2006, 03:05 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

O C'mon, guys chill out.

I think G35 auto is about same as TL auto within 0.1-0.2 second range
Someone hitting gas pedal first will win.

And by the way there are so many cars on that road. Looks like I don't wanna swerve all the way down just to chase this guy.

C5 vs old M3, I think C5 will be winning. - however this belongs to car talk forum
Old 01-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Actuary
O C'mon, guys chill out.

I think G35 auto is about same as TL auto within 0.1-0.2 second range
Someone hitting gas pedal first will win.

And by the way there are so many cars on that road. Looks like I don't wanna swerve all the way down just to chase this guy.

C5 vs old M3, I think C5 will be winning. - however this belongs to car talk forum

He's talking about his STOCK G35 coupe beating a C5.

FYI doesnt matter if it's a 00-06 m3, C5 wins. (We'll just have to wait and see what the next gen m3 brings to the table)