Trying to Understand my new RLX Voice Commands....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to Understand my new RLX Voice Commands....

I have an iPod with about 1900 tracks on it. I understand how to access it using "Music Search iPod." The screen then displays the voice commands available from that point: "Play (shows song)" and "List (shows artist)." Two clicks (or perhaps it is one click) on the Talk button on the steering wheel, and I can say "Play (name of song)." This works OK. But here are the questions:

a) Does the size of the library limit the voice commands available? I can't say, for instance "List (name of album)."

b) Once the current song is finished, must you ALWAYS "start over" with "Music Search iPod?" That is a pain.

c) This is not a Voice Control issue, but when playing selections using the screens and buttons i.e., when scrolling through a list of songs or artists as music plays, getting setup to play something new, the system "voice" tries reads the name of each selection as you scroll. When the voice is active, the current selection (playing) is reduced in volume. What a mess! Can you turn off this feature?

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon10

c) This is not a Voice Control issue, but when playing selections using the screens and buttons i.e., when scrolling through a list of songs or artists as music plays, getting setup to play something new, the system "voice" tries reads the name of each selection as you scroll. When the voice is active, the current selection (playing) is reduced in volume. What a mess! Can you turn off this feature?.
I would be interested in knowing the answer to this too as I also find this annoying. I could turn this off in my TL and thought I figured it out in the RLX, but she just keeps talking....
Old 04-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
I believe the answer to the third question c) you go to: Settings, System Settings, Sound/Beep, Interface Dial Feedback, and turn it off.

The following users liked this post:
Limelight (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 07:37 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by pgeorg
I believe the answer to the third question c) you go to: Settings, System Settings, Sound/Beep, Interface Dial Feedback, and turn it off.
Yes, you're exactly right.

There's only one setting, however, so you're turning off all the other feedback from the dial in addition to the ones he's complaining about with the iPod.

I've been struggling with the iPod and iPhone voice commands ever since I bought my original RLX Advance.

I think it's good that they've tried to do this for us, but I believe that they failed to anticipate the scope, breadth and depth of what we need for our iPhones and iPods.

I've basically given up.

What I do is put the Audio on the top screen when the car is stopped and just handle it that way.

That's a cop out, I know.
The following users liked this post:
pgeorg (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 09:50 AM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
Thanks - I really appreciate you taking the time to reply with this.

Now that I read your instructions, I remembered that it's exactly how I did it on my TL. The RLX menu gave me an option for Song by Voice I believe and I changed that to "no" but it was still doing it!

Originally Posted by pgeorg

Old 04-22-2015, 05:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Thank you for the clarification George. I have never used the voice command to control anything.....I have a pretty heavy accent so i doubt it would work anyways:-)