iPhone - read text/email working?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 03:20 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
iPhone - read text/email working?

I've seen a number of people having issues with their iPhones. I have an iPhone 6S Plus and I have enabled the "Show Notifications" settings in the Bluetooth properties of the profile, but am not seeing any texts or emails from the car. I just tried deleting the phone and re-pairing it as well.

On the "select account" screen in the Phone Settings, it just says "MAP MAS-IOS" - it doesn't list any of my accounts.

I'm on the latest iOS release - 9.3.3

Does anyone else have this issue, or have they gotten this to work? Thanks.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
I have an iPhone 6S and it will show the text messages notification, but no email notifications. Double check to see if the notification settings on the car are setup correctly as shown below.
If all the settings are correct, i would delete the iPhone from the bluetooth menu on the car, and from the iPhone bluetooth menu itself (if you have not done so already). Then restart the iPhone, and pair again......

Old 07-31-2016, 12:05 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Thanks....I hadn't seen the 3rd option in the System Settings.

Figured out what the issue was - I didn't have "Show on Lock Screen" selected and that is why the text messages were not coming through. Once I enabled that, the text message came through. It would read the text, but when I went to send one of the pre-canned responses I got a message delivery failure. From the MDX forum, looks like no one on ios8 (or 9) can get that working.

Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
pgeorg (07-31-2016)
Old 07-31-2016, 12:58 PM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
My car stopped reading my texts awhile ago with no changes on my end. After reading this, I decided to follow these instructions by deleting my iPhone 6 Plus from the Bluetooth list in the car, and deleting the car on my phone by selecting "Forget this device" from my list of Bluetooth devices.

I restarted my phone and tried to repair with the car, and now my car just says its searching for devices but doesn't find my phone. I've tried restarting my car and the phone to no avail. I suspect my phone has permanently forgotten the car and is therefore not talking to the car anymore.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-31-2016, 02:05 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^
Limelight:
The first thing i would try is to verify if the iPhone is the problem here: First restart the iPhone one more time by holding the power button and home button until it restarts. Release the buttons as soon as you see the white apple logo, and try to pair again. If that does not work and you don't have a lot of different wifi-bluetooth connections saved (they will be forgotten), try to reset the Network Connections-Settings on the iPhone. Setting-General-Reset-Reset Network Settings. Restart the iPhone and try to pair again.
If those steps do not help, i am pretty sure that the Bluetooth-Telematics module is frozen. Let me know and i will check to see if that can be rebooted........
Old 07-31-2016, 02:19 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by pgeorg
^^^
Limelight:
The first thing i would try is to verify if the iPhone is the problem here: First restart the iPhone one more time by holding the power button and home button until it restarts. Release the buttons as soon as you see the white apple logo, and try to pair again. If that does not work and you don't have a lot of different wifi-bluetooth connections saved (they will be forgotten), try to reset the Network Connections-Settings on the iPhone. Setting-General-Reset-Reset Network Settings. Restart the iPhone and try to pair again.
If those steps do not help, i am pretty sure that the Bluetooth-Telematics module is frozen. Let me know and i will check to see if that can be rebooted........
OK - thanks! I have been able to repair the phone to the car. I think letting the car rest allowed to 'initialize'. However, now I noticed that both the "Select Account" and "New Text/Email Alert" features in the car's phone setting are grey and I can't select them. I suspect this is why my car won't acknowledge new texts. It used to - I was never able to get emails to read - but texts I could. I'm running the latest update on my phone.

Any idea why these features are now disabled?

Thanks as always PGEORG!
Old 07-31-2016, 02:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Check on the iPhone: Settings-Bluetooth. Next to the HandsFreeLink tap on the circle with the "i" in the middle, is the "Show Notifications" turned on?

Old 07-31-2016, 02:43 PM
Pro

And voila! She is working again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - PGEORG is the man!
Old 07-31-2016, 02:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the kind words Limelight, I'm glad its working again!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Anytime there is an iOS update, Show Notifications gets turned off.

It's annoying, but we just have to set in our minds that we have to do that.
The following 2 users liked this post by George Knighton:
Malibu Flyer (08-04-2016), pgeorg (08-04-2016)