Should I or shouldn't I?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 11:13 AM
Snoozabelle

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Should I or shouldn't I?

I'm looking at a CPO 2018 RLX Sport Hybrid Advance, black/black with 21447 miles. I currently have a 2014 Sport Hybrid Tech, 51000 miles and would love to get the features of the Advance model. Dealer wants $38,992 and there
is a $1000 Acura loyalty bonus. I just put new tires on mine but this seems to be a good deal. What do my fellow RLX owners think of this deal?
Old 11-09-2020, 12:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Seems like a decent deal. What are you going to do with the '14? Be prepared to get hosed if you are going to trade.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:06 PM
Snoozabelle

I plan to trade it in. Hoping for at least $13000. My mistake on Acura loyalty, only on new.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by snoozabelle
I'm looking at a CPO 2018 RLX Sport Hybrid Advance, black/black with 21447 miles. I currently have a 2014 Sport Hybrid Tech, 51000 miles and would love to get the features of the Advance model. Dealer wants $38,992 and there
is a $1000 Acura loyalty bonus. I just put new tires on mine but this seems to be a good deal. What do my fellow RLX owners think of this deal?
https://www.acuraofpeabody.com/certi...1bb853d20f.htm

I like how this thing looks, fairly clean deal ... Also, not sure how new this is, but Acura Certified gives you additional 2 years and 24k miles of limited warranty... some of the Acura dealers have not updated their "Acura certified" information that shows 1yr/12k miles ... "Acura will repair or replace any covered part that is defective in material or workmanship under normal use, up to 24 months after the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires or up to 100,000 total miles – whichever occurs first." from https://www.acuracertified.com/certi...owned-benefits

This car is getting you good 4yr / 100k miles limited warranty and standard as before 7yr / 100k on powertrain... not sure you will truly need it, but still great that it comes with it

I am not sure but according to the Carfax new owner was just registered at the end of October
10/23/2020
  • Massachusetts
  • Motor Vehicle Dept.
  • Title #CB821664
  • Title issued or updated
    • New owner reported
Did you confirm it is still available? Could be the dealer paying cash and planned to use it as a demo perhaps then sell it as certified, but changed their mind?
Old 11-09-2020, 12:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 307 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by rl015
https://www.acuraofpeabody.com/certi...1bb853d20f.htm

I like how this thing looks, fairly clean deal ... Also, not sure how new this is, but Acura Certified gives you additional 2 years and 24k miles of limited warranty... some of the Acura dealers have not updated their "Acura certified" information that shows 1yr/12k miles ... "Acura will repair or replace any covered part that is defective in material or workmanship under normal use, up to 24 months after the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires or up to 100,000 total miles – whichever occurs first." from https://www.acuracertified.com/certi...owned-benefits

This car is getting you good 4yr / 100k miles limited warranty and standard as before 7yr / 100k on powertrain... not sure you will truly need it, but still great that it comes with it

I am not sure but according to the Carfax new owner was just registered at the end of October
10/23/2020
  • Massachusetts
  • Motor Vehicle Dept.
  • Title #CB821664
  • Title issued or updated
    • New owner reported
Did you confirm it is still available? Could be the dealer paying cash and planned to use it as a demo perhaps then sell it as certified, but changed their mind?
If this is in fact the car, pay attention to the suspension and wheels. CarFax History has 2 separate occasions when a tire was replaced, and then a subsequent visit where suspension/alignment was checked. Could have been potholes or something - but something to look out for.
The following users liked this post:
rlx015 (11-10-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 12:58 PM
Burning Brakes

I plan to trade it in. Hoping for at least $13000. My mistake on Acura loyalty, only on new.
Yep. No loyalty on pre-owned. I'd check with someone like Carmax or Carvana to get a quote from them prior to listening to what they have to say at the dealership. My experience selling flat out to either has been good in the past. Only thing to consider is the convenience of trading in where you are buying, especially if it makes the total transaction a win for you (looking at taxes and if you still have a note on the '14 you plan to blend into financing the '18).
Old 11-09-2020, 01:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by andysinnh
If this is in fact the car, pay attention to the suspension and wheels. CarFax History has 2 separate occasions when a tire was replaced, and then a subsequent visit where suspension/alignment was checked. Could have been potholes or something - but something to look out for.
Good call out here. Looks like the selling dealer is the same dealer where service was done. Hopefully they can provide HONEST insight on what happened there. Pot holes would definitely be my guess. But it could be something else. Good thing is that it is certified. So if something flaky were to happen which wasn't caught in the certification inspection, it will be covered.
snoozabelle (11-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 01:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by moose66
Good call out here. Looks like the selling dealer is the same dealer where service was done. Hopefully they can provide HONEST insight on what happened there. Pot holes would definitely be my guess. But it could be something else. Good thing is that it is certified. So if something flaky were to happen which wasn't caught in the certification inspection, it will be covered.
We bought my wife's '18 RLX SH with 1200 miles from the original dealer - was one of their "exec loaners" (only loaned to RLX/NSX owners). But they disclosed right up front that the car had its wheels stolen along with several others off their lot months earlier. They provided a detailed list of the replaced wheels/tires, as well as the under facia that had been sitting on cinder blocks - plus 2 of the brake shields that got slightly scuffed. We did a full under vehicle inspection before delivery, and after over a year and a half it's been great. So my bottom line is that if there was an issue, as long as you have the full story/history of what it was, what was impacted, and what they did - you go in with your eyes open. Just my $.02...

andy
The following 2 users liked this post by andysinnh:
Midnight Mystery (11-10-2020), snoozabelle (11-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 331 Likes on 229 Posts
You're in almost the same situation as I was when I purchased my 2020 RLX SH. Coming from a 2015 Lexus GS 350 that lack most driver's aid tech, I wanted a newer car with all those tech on-board. They 2020 RLX SH satisfied that requirement and then some. In your situation though, it will mostly be cosmetic changes as there wasn't that much of a differences between your 2014 vs 2018 RLX SH. Ask yourself if you're willing to dump another $39K +TTL into something that's relatively the same as what you're driving now. Plus you'll be the 3rd owner of this RLX. A few more $$ you can easily find a newer 2020 RLX SH with lower mileage in the low to mid $40K. But then again there are zero differences between 2018, 2019, 2020 RLX SH so it doesn't really matter which MY you get. It only comes down to choice of interior/exterior colors and mileage.
Old 11-09-2020, 03:31 PM
Snoozabelle

I'm only looking for black/black and don't want to spring for new. I asked the dealer about the second owner thing on Carfax and they said it was taken in trade and the title was held up.
There is no second owner according to salesperson. I'm guessing it was pothole damage too but what should I look for in particular? The heated steering wheel and remote start are a
big draw for me since I work nights and and have Reynaud's syndrome. Cold weather is literally painful for me so the Advance package will be a nice upgrade.
rlx015 (11-10-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 03:57 PM
Snoozabelle

Carvana offered $14949. I'm waiting to hear from my son (who works at a dealership) about trade value.

Last edited by snoozabelle; 11-09-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Carvana offered $14949. I'm waiting to hear from my son who works at a dealership has to say about trade value.
Off to a good start as that exceeds the 13K you were willing to accept . . . . .

. . . . . I wouldn't sweat it. Certification is key here. If it were not certified, then I would lean to more of a pause. Have you driven it? Does it drive true? Pull at all? Dips or noise when breaking? Drive it without the stereo on to listen for any little squeak/noise.

Of course, this is easy for me to say. I will say though I bought a 2019 from a non-Acura dealership, uncertified obviously, with a clean Carfax. No regrets. Sold a '16 to Carvana as they beat Carmax by $500, and they came to the dealership where I was buying the '19 to pick the car up. Super easy.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:02 PM
Burning Brakes

I wasn't suggesting you buy brand new. I was referring to used 2020 RLX SH like mine that I got for $43,495 with only 4100 miles. There are a few of them available through-out the country, you may have to travel a bit to get them. It sounds like this vehicle satisfied all your requirements and you're getting the trade-in value you wanted. Inspect the car carefully, bring a mechanic with you. When I purchase my RLX, I had them bring the car to another 3rd party dealer to put on a lift to fully inspect top and bottom and ran all DTC codes on the computer. Only after everything checks out, only then did I put in my offer. This car is CPO, so I don't thing you're going to have an major issues. I'd offer $35K see what they say, and go from there.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:21 PM
Snoozabelle

I looked for 2020 models with miles but there is nothing in black/black anywhere. It stinks I just put all new rubber on my 2014 and have the spare tire kit installed. I don't want to try and find another spare tire kit again!
rlx015 (11-10-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 07:44 PM
Burning Brakes

I take that spare tire kit for 2014 doesn't fit 2018 RLX? Hey don't feel too bad. I put in over $10K in mods on my GS350, new wheels/tires, coilovers, brakes all less than 1 year old. Got absolutely nothing for it on trade-in. I didn't want to take time to part everything out and selling piece by piece, especially now with COVID. My time is worth more than that. You only live once. Enjoy a new car if you feel you deserve it.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:28 PM
Snoozabelle

Spare tire kit for sport hybrid will fit 2018 model no problem.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Spare tire kit for sport hybrid will fit 2018 model no problem.
So take it off and put on the new car unless there is some issue I'm not aware of. Save yourself $$ getting a new kit. Being a black car, you may want to set aside a budget for paint correction as no doubt the car will have bunch of swirl marks, unless you can do all that work yourself. I owned a Black 350Z once for 6 months. Hated it, never again will I own a black car.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:14 PM
Snoozabelle

My hubby is a former auto body technician, now auto damage appraiser, who does meticulous detail work on the side. He keeps all my cars, black and red, looking top notch
all the time. That includes hand washing all year long. I never go to a car wash! As for removing the spare tire kit I'm not sure how to do that since I don't have the original jack
and tool tray that was in the 2014. Maybe it will add to the trade in value?

Last edited by snoozabelle; 11-09-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:40 AM
Burning Brakes

My hubby is a former auto body technician, now auto damage appraiser, who does meticulous detail work on the side. He keeps all my cars, black and red, looking top notch
all the time. That includes hand washing all year long. I never go to a car wash! As for removing the spare tire kit I'm not sure how to do that since I don't have the original jack
Accessories usually help if selling the vehicle yourself. Accessories do little or nothing for trade value.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:11 AM
Burning Brakes

So if you're gonna trade the '14 for the '18 - and the '18 has the typical setup of a pump/seal repair tools - you could ask the dealer to swap the components between the cars as a part of the transaction. I believe that the important part is the bar that protects the battery, and one thing you need to determine is whether it's the same bar between the models. I know they changed the rear battery setup in the '18 model (smaller), and I don't know if the bar mounting points changed in that situation. It might be cleaner to just order a new spare tire kit for the new car. I have the kit in my wife's '18 RLX SH largely for her peace of mind ;-)
snoozabelle (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 12:18 PM
Snoozabelle

Can anyone confirm if the bar stays the same size in the different years? I will take it out of my 2014 if I purchase the car. Appointment is for this Saturday. I'm working all week and
really want to see the car in the daylight. Hubby will go with me for another set of eyes.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
newer car, more value, set of tires can't match this. Trade car in another place so you won't get rim. 18 RLX SH adv. definitely got more value than 14 RLX SH tech.

black/black is hard to find. I have to search far and wide to get mine. plus, the oem black paint cost extra $500 just like the red color.

in addition, RLX SH advance gets heads up display and surround camera and power sunshade and many more tech gadgets

Last edited by psheu; 11-10-2020 at 12:43 PM.
snoozabelle (11-11-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Can anyone confirm if the bar stays the same size in the different years? I will take it out of my 2014 if I purchase the car. Appointment is for this Saturday. I'm working all week and
really want to see the car in the daylight. Hubby will go with me for another set of eyes.
Just looked to see about the bar. Looks like the same part number for '14 on up.

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/oem-pa...licmlkJmU9ZGN0
snoozabelle (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 01:08 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,521 Likes on 1,186 Posts
My wife loves her 18 RLX hybrid. She had our 19 MDX hybrid for while as her main daily driver and I thought she would want to keep the MDX and give the RLX to me (I used our 11 MDX Adv as my daily driver at the time). She only spent 30 seconds behind the wheel of the RLX on a test drive for her to kick the MDX to the curb. The RLX huge power bump, extremely comfy ride, interior styling, +18 sporty exterior, HUD, Krell, and styling won her over.
rlx015 (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 02:03 PM
Burning Brakes

I sat in the back seat while my wife drove me around this weekend. My gosh, this car is super smooth, so quiet, and incredibly comfortable. I felt like an executive being driven around to important meetings LOL. Can't wait to take this baby up PCH for road-trip. I'll probably fall asleep at the wheel. Honda built a hidden gem, too bad we won't see anymore of the RLX. That's why I snatched this up. May be the last of the great Sport Hybrid sedan. No news from Acura as to any new SH models coming 2021+
The following 3 users liked this post by jdpdata:
mrgold35 (11-10-2020), rlx015 (11-10-2020), snoozabelle (11-11-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 06:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by jdpdata
I sat in the back seat while my wife drove me around this weekend. My gosh, this car is super smooth, so quiet, and incredibly comfortable. I felt like an executive being driven around to important meetings LOL. Can't wait to take this baby up PCH for road-trip. I'll probably fall asleep at the wheel. Honda built a hidden gem, too bad we won't see anymore of the RLX. That's why I snatched this up. May be the last of the great Sport Hybrid sedan. No news from Acura as to any new SH models coming 2021+
welcome to the party buddy. We are driving Honda's best kept seccret. I too feel the same. And this feeling is still going strong
The following 3 users liked this post by psheu:
jdpdata (11-10-2020), rlx015 (11-11-2020), snoozabelle (11-11-2020)
Old 11-11-2020, 07:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
So you want a RLX Sport Hybrid for 38K and at the moment you own a RLX Sport Hybrid you are getting valued att 15k? Thats $23,000 + tax and license your paying just to get the same car with minor differences. You'll get the new grill design, 360 camera, cooled front seats, heated rear seats, heads up display, parking sensors, remote start, and heated steering wheel. Yes some cool stuff, but is that worth $23,000?

You said you care about heated steering wheel and remote start, both of which can be added to your current RLX. My guess is with install somewhere in the ballpark of 600-800 for the steering wheel and 800ish for the remote start. Sure is a lot less than 23K if those are the 2 main features you care about.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:35 AM
Snoozabelle

Originally Posted by spoiler900
So you want a RLX Sport Hybrid for 38K and at the moment you own a RLX Sport Hybrid you are getting valued att 15k? Thats $23,000 + tax and license your paying just to get the same car with minor differences. You'll get the new grill design, 360 camera, cooled front seats, heated rear seats, heads up display, parking sensors, remote start, and heated steering wheel. Yes some cool stuff, but is that worth $23,000?

You said you care about heated steering wheel and remote start, both of which can be added to your current RLX. My guess is with install somewhere in the ballpark of 600-800 for the steering wheel and 800ish for the remote start. Sure is a lot less than 23K if those are the 2 main features you care about.
The trade on my car will be closer to 19.5K from the dealer, online. The heated steering wheel cannot be added to my 2014 and I put in the remote start. The 2018 with the advance package has those options and more that I have always wanted. The extended warranty is also a bonus I won't
have with my current car. The car is worth it to me and my husband as we plan to hang on to it for many years. This car just came along with the right color, right options and a dealer not too far away. I love driving the "unicorn" that I don't see all over the place and blowing the doors off anyone who wants to challenge me. It will be even more fun with a newer RLX!
mrgold35 (11-12-2020)
Old 11-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Burning Brakes

I say go for it. Life is too short to not experience this car. Yesterday I needed to overtake a slower FedEx truck so I can merge on freeway ramp. At red light I floored it. My God, this thing flew 100ft in mere seconds, now I know what you guys are talking about and I wasn't even in Sport mode. Unicorn is the right term. Finally saw another RLX in red heading in opposite direction of me, but it was a PAWS. I have not seen a Sport Hybrid RLX yet. I really love all the options this car has standard. Just wish it had active dampers and rear auto climate control...then it would be perfect.
snoozabelle (11-13-2020)
Old 11-12-2020, 11:17 AM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
go for it!

I say go for it. Life is too short to not experience this car. Yesterday I needed to overtake a slower FedEx truck so I can merge on freeway ramp. At red light I floored it. My God, this thing flew 100ft in mere seconds, now I know what you guys are talking about and I wasn't even in Sport mode. Unicorn is the right term. Finally saw another RLX in red heading in opposite direction of me, but it was a PAWS. I have not seen a Sport Hybrid RLX yet. I really love all the options this car has standard. Just wish it had active dampers and rear auto climate control...then it would be perfect.
I agree with jdpdata, life is too short. Got my 2020 SH RLX in Feb and still absolutely loving it. The combination of power, comfort, fuel efficiency, quiet, and features at this price point is truly unique. I'm hooked on all the "doodads" now. The only thing I found annoying was the ancient infotainment, and that was pretty much fixed by adding GROM Vline.
jdpdata (11-12-2020)
Old 11-12-2020, 11:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
Then if thats the case, go for it! I was just playing Devils Advocate to make you really think if it is worth it.

The 2018+ does handle ever so slightly different and I do love the ride quality of it. My dad has a 18 Hybrid RLX, and I used to work for Acura so have driven dozens of RLXs in the past

Best of luck!
jdpdata (11-12-2020)
Old 11-12-2020, 11:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by James Wolffe
I agree with jdpdata, life is too short. Got my 2020 SH RLX in Feb and still absolutely loving it. The combination of power, comfort, fuel efficiency, quiet, and features at this price point is truly unique. I'm hooked on all the "doodads" now. The only thing I found annoying was the ancient infotainment, and that was pretty much fixed by adding GROM Vline.

OOHHH you have GROM on your RLX? Would you mind creating a new thread as not to hijack this thread about GROM? I plan to get it, but the install seems in bit more involved than it was in my Lexus GS. I don't want to tear apart my new dash and cause any new rattles. Does 360 Camera work? That's my #1 concern.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
OOHHH you have GROM on your RLX? Would you mind creating a new thread as not to hijack this thread about GROM? I plan to get it, but the install seems in bit more involved than it was in my Lexus GS. I don't want to tear apart my new dash and cause any new rattles. Does 360 Camera work? That's my #1 concern.
I started a thread in 3G RLX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation sub-forum.
jdpdata (11-12-2020)
Old 11-13-2020, 12:38 PM
Snoozabelle

Thanks for all the kind words. I have my heart set on this car in my favorite color combination but there is a new "fly in the ointment". I got an updated Carfax for my 2014 and was shocked to see damage reported in 2017 that was
not on the Carfax given to me at time of purchase. "Moderate damage reported: Damage to front, rear, right front, right rear, right side, airbag deployed and vehicle towed". OMG!!!! I didn't know any of this at time of purchase! My
husband went over the car with a fine tooth comb and acknowledged the paint damage to the rear, which was fixed before delivery, but he did not see any other damage. He is a sticker for those kinds of details. It's almost
embarrassing to car shop with him! So now the value of my beloved RLX is tainted and although the car looks pristine now it won't make any difference with the Carfax report. Ugh!!!!
Please share your thoughts with me my wise friends. I'm looking at the 2018 tomorrow morning.

Last edited by snoozabelle; 11-13-2020 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2020, 12:56 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,521 Likes on 1,186 Posts
I would compared dealership trade-in value to other places like Carmax and Vroom. An option is to sell your older RLX privately down the road once you get the new car. You can provide the prospective buyers the Carfax report. A private sell could net you a few thousand $$ more than the usual low ball trade-in value most dealerships give.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Must have been bad timing if you received a Carfax report when you purchased and data my missing. I'd contact corporate Carfax to see what they say. They do stand behind whatever is, or in your case, isn't on the report. Not sure about specifics, but you should give them a call.

https://support.carfax.com/article/w...ack-guarantee/

Didn't you already mentioned a 14K offer from Carvana? You might want to take that if you are concerned about what you will be offered and don't want to go through the effort.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Where did you purchase your 2014 RLX? Shady dealers often withhold reporting damages to CarFax until weeks or months after you have purchased your car. You are exactly in the same situation I was. Went to trade-in my 2015 GS, dealer said CarFax reported collision repair in rear quarter panel and rear airbag deployed. I did get a CarFax report when I purchased the car 3 years ago, it reported zero collision. There was nothing I could do at that point. Either trade-in at diminished value or try to sell privately at slightly higher. I valued my time more so swallow the hard pill and took the lower trade-in. This is why it is very important to inspect the car thoroughly with a trained inspector. Average person can't see all repairs even if it is a detailed person, some may be hidden and if you're not trained to look for it, you can't see damages.

My advise, you still have some time. Get some trade-in quotes from other vendors. Go with highest offer. You may not get exactly what you want but the time and hassle saved from selling the car yourself might be worth it. Good luck!

Another advise: Don't get emotionally attached to the RLX. Go in with your common sense. If you feel anything is off with the car after inspection, WALK AWAY! Plenty other cars to choose from. May not be color or price you want but at least you know it's a clean car. Don't settle this time for another damage goods.

Last edited by jdpdata; 11-13-2020 at 01:26 PM.
snoozabelle (11-13-2020)
Old 11-13-2020, 03:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 185 Posts
A couple of suggestions from my side:
- definitely try Carmax - they sometimes offer a pretty good amount for vehicles even with damage reported on carfax
- Carfax is NOT the golden standard:
  • If you have any type of claim against your insurance policy, insurance companies report the damage to carfax with often inaccurate descriptions. I had a claim to fix my front bumper and insurance reported a front impact collision (traffic accident) which showed on my Carfax report... I worked with Carfax corporate to correct the content of listed reported damage and provided all documentation of fixing it in the certified shop.
  • Carfax gets reporting from only 20-25 states, I think... not all states report into carfax so the best option is: find a trusted certified body shop and have them inspect the car before purchasing it to avoid any surprises.
  • Carfax will never tell you WHO reported the damage that is showing on your report... usually, chances are it is insurance reporting it because they are pissed they have to pay out, so they look every opportunity to get back at you / owner of the car...
  • Carfax copy provided on dealerships must be dated as "recent" ... otherwise, pull your own carfax on the day you made your decision... I have seen dealers pull carfax months before the car is sold and try to mask it... do not let $40 make you spend $40,000
The following 2 users liked this post by rlx015:
jdpdata (11-13-2020), mrgold35 (11-13-2020)
Old 11-13-2020, 04:39 PM
Snoozabelle

I have opened a case with Carfax. The fact that the airbag deployed is the really the fly in the ointment. It means the car can not be
certified again and the dealer will have to wholesale it out, unless an employee wants it. I have the black book value which is $14815.
Trading in will lower my sales tax and that is a consideration. Hubby feels it's better to trade now while the mileage is lower and value
is better. What a mess!
Old 11-13-2020, 04:45 PM
Snoozabelle

Where did you purchase your 2014 RLX? Shady dealers often withhold reporting damages to CarFax until weeks or months after you have purchased your car. You are exactly in the same situation I was. Went to trade-in my 2015 GS, dealer said CarFax reported collision repair in rear quarter panel and rear airbag deployed. I did get a CarFax report when I purchased the car 3 years ago, it reported zero collision. There was nothing I could do at that point. Either trade-in at diminished value or try to sell privately at slightly higher. I valued my time more so swallow the hard pill and took the lower trade-in. This is why it is very important to inspect the car thoroughly with a trained inspector. Average person can't see all repairs even if it is a detailed person, some may be hidden and if you're not trained to look for it, you can't see damages.

My advise, you still have some time. Get some trade-in quotes from other vendors. Go with highest offer. You may not get exactly what you want but the time and hassle saved from selling the car yourself might be worth it. Good luck!

Another advise: Don't get emotionally attached to the RLX. Go in with your common sense. If you feel anything is off with the car after inspection, WALK AWAY! Plenty other cars to choose from. May not be color or price you want but at least you know it's a clean car. Don't settle this time for another damage goods.

Reputable, well known dealer sold me the car. I have the Carfax from the sale and the current one - big difference. As an auto body technician and auto damage insurance appraiser my hubby is very thorough when examining a car. He's trained to look for
the invisible and overlooked damage. He's as shocked as I am with the report. Tomorrow we'll see what they offer.

Quick Reply: Should I or shouldn't I?