Remote Starter Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021 | 06:31 PM
RJH_MUSIC

Remote Starter Problem.

I am so crazy upset right now I can't see straight. Not sure if I'm getting the runaround from the service people or if Acura could really design such a flop. I have a 2020 RLX sport hybrid which all in all is the Fantastic car. I've owned it for about 8 months now and every time I try to use the remote starter won't work so I took it to the dealership today and they can't figure it out either. Before the remote starter wouldn't work at all but now it decides to start the car and the car immediately shuts off after 5 Seconds. The service tech called Acura and I'm now being told that it's working the way it's supposed to. So my question is why would anybody be so stupid to invent a remote starter that doesn't keep the car running. The whole reason you want a remote starter is so that in the winter time when it's freezing cold outside you can start the car 10 minutes ahead of time so it's toasty warm when you get in.

W​​​​​hat am I missing or does the service tech not know what they're doing. Can anyone else tell me what you're experiencing with your remote starter?

I thought I was actually trying to figure out how to get the car to start in sport mode which keeps the engine running, which would then keep the car up once the engine got warm.

any thoughts would be appreciated.
RJ
Old 03-30-2021 | 07:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Could it be that you start the car, and the engine starts to run, and then it moves to electric mode because all of the car's functions are ready to go? I'll admit I haven't tried it with the wife's car in times other than winter when it's asking for heat. But if the climate control doesn't need heat or cool, the battery's charged, etc - it feels like it might behave like you're sitting at a stop light and the gas motor shuts down.

Again, not sure this is the case, but perhaps?
Old 03-30-2021 | 09:08 AM
Burning Brakes

No issues with my 2019. I hit the remote start, get the feedback on the fob (lights flash from yellow to solid green), and then go out to a car which is either running, or is in EV mode. Shuts off after 10 minutes I believe if I don't get to it in time.
Old 03-30-2021 | 12:30 PM
RJH_MUSIC

Remote Starter

Well I think we have this figured out we stumbled actually upon the right answer. I was ready to do war with Acura because what Acura Tech was saying was simply not true. There was one other problem with the vehicle yesterday during service we discovered that the reason that the heated steering wheel wouldn't work is because if the factory it was not plugged in. So the dealer did all the testing with the remote starter before you plug the heated steering wheel back in. When I pick the car up this morning I asked the service man if he tried to do the starter again after they reconnected to steering-wheel heater. He said no they had not so we tried it this morning and lo and behold it works. There must have been a sensor or something else unplug that belongs to the remote starting system that's connected to the steering wheel. All's well that ends well.
The following users liked this post:
rlx015 (06-07-2021)