Quad exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 11:20 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
Quad exhaust tips

Has anyone gotten quad exhaust tips on their car like the 2014 SEMA RLX? I am thinking about doing it, but waiting until I get a Sport Hybrid. On a side note, I unbolted the left muffler from the car to hear it and it sounded as if it still had the muffler on. Those two resonators are doing a real good job keeping the car quiet.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
The Sport Hybrid has a quad exhaust from the factory.....that is hidden under the car. The only way to expose them is to cut holes in the bumper and extend the exhaust tips.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:01 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
You probably could take out the 2 red reflectors since they pop right out, then extend the exhaust tips through each opening. That way there would be a need to cut into the bumper.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
The only way to expose them is to cut holes in the bumper and extend the exhaust tips.
Or wait for the MMC. The MDX SH has exposed exhaust ports in the bumper fascia. I would expect the RLX SH MMC will adopt the same. I am hoping it may be a retrofit opportunity with the new fascia and exhaust tips. I am also expecting some chrome garnish added as they have done with the MDX and Accord. The rear of the car could handle some more detail.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:17 PM
Rez
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts
Im waiting on the MMC and hoping that some parts can be swapped or retrofitted, the rear bumper being one- since the spy shots show exposed exhaust. I have an exhaust idea I have been playing with, and it will be sooooo much easier with the "spy shot" bumper instead of hacking my current bumper to have exposed tips. Even toyed with the idea of a "bumper fuse" with Lexus GS or LS, but that would mean I would have to retrofit the mufflers from them as well... a pricey project